HTC One shown in Blue, but now coming to Verizon Aug 29?
0. phoneArena 06 Aug 2013, 13:14 posted on
Today one of our tipsters informed us that Verizon has communicated to its reps that the HTC One is now being pushed back (again) until August 29th. No reason was given, but it seems that they don't want a competing phone to be released until after the new Motorola DROID Ultra, MAXX, and Mini are released on the 20th.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. Mastertwiz (Posts: 15; Member since: 10 Dec 2009)
Do we know that the G2 is coming to Verizon?
13. jordanlnk (Posts: 5; Member since: 02 Jul 2013)
Not to sound like a dummy, but what's a G2?
14. groovysunflowers (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
yes. It just might take Verizon a while to shelf it, like the One, and every other freaking phone that's not a droid or iPhone >:( I can't post the link but google search lg g2 verizon and there should be an engadget link at the top saying LG execs name Verizon as a partner
15. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Past history indicates no, they'll release a similar upper-midrange phone instead. LG hasn't gotten any love from VZW since the Ally.
35. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I hope for our sake and LG's that you're right, but I'm not getting my hopes up on rumors.
4. apple4never (Posts: 931; Member since: 08 May 2013)
i still like it better in red then black silver and blue in order
5. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
It was PA that got the wrong roadmap leaked in the first place, putting an Aug 1 release date into the air. Now the same thing is happening with Aug 29th.
43. PotDragon (banned) (Posts: 214; Member since: 22 Jul 2011)
EXACTLY. There was no "delay", there was, and indeed remains, inaccurate reporting of unsubstantiated rumor by PA. Sourced as "anonymous tipster".
At least the readers should get an apology, but instead we get this "article". PA was wrong about Aug 1. PA was wrong about Aug 15. If you are wrong about Aug 29 will you admit your complete inaccuracies?
28. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6199; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
should it come in red? isn't verizon colors in red
7. marbovo (Posts: 621; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Which is the biggest mobile company in usa? verizon or at&t?
10. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 978; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
If you're talking about cellphones...........i think its verizon, but not by much. Both AT&T and Verizon have mirrored each other throughout the years and both companies will say that they're the biggest mobile company in the US
if you're talking about overall (internet, cable, etc.) then AT&T is bigger than Verizon
21. regkilla (Posts: 83; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
AT&T Internet and cable are horrible. Plus, he asked which one is the biggest mobile company in the US which is Verizon.
8. mclifford81 (Posts: 65; Member since: 26 Jan 2010)
This is more or less a story of too little too late. The phone while it's a decent device just can't compete with the Galaxy S4 nor will it be able to hold a following after the Motorola Ultra line is released and with the Moto X coming too why would anyone want this phone unless it gets a much needed spec bump to the internals.
17. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
For Verizon, the Ultra and MAXX will be top of the line. In the absence of competing phones like the G2, and with the One arriving so late to the party, the Droids will be pushed as this year's flagships.
12. housry23 (Posts: 78; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
Um...I tried the GS4 but went back to the One. It's still a great phone! Your first sentence is true, I'll give you that, but the One can hang with any device out.
25. terabyteRouser (Posts: 412; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Lol, the Moto X has nothing on the One. You, my friend, are insane.
1080p Snapdragon 600, compared to a 720p S4 Pro?
The camera is better on One, the design is better. The sound is better.
27. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Early reviews indicate the One's camera is only better on paper. Seems Motorola's RGBC was actually a better way to deal with low light than HTC's UltraPixels. As for processors, the GPU is identical, and that's what you'll experience day to day, not the CPU.
Other than that, the main advantages are the 1080 screen and dual speakers. I'd rather have near-stock than Sense, so I'm willing to accept lesser A/V.
18. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
This is a lot like what VZW did with the Rezound and Droid Razr in 2011. Even though the Rezound was superior in some ways, it was pushed out and pushed out until it was released after the Razr. Verizon loves its Motorola Droids and will give them preferential treatment, unless something clearly better (like the Droid DNA vs. Razr HD) comes along.
22. RomeoJDR (Posts: 237; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
What's the point of even releasing the One this late in the game? It is more of an embarrassment to release a phone this far behind competitors then to pass on a phone altogether. It is what you would expect from some local provider. Wait, actually my local carrier (Cincinnati Bell) has had it available for a couple months.
23. scott5626 (Posts: 49; Member since: 01 Sep 2009)
No confirmed screenshot as with the last 2 leaked release dates? Seems a little sketchy.
Could it be possibly that the blue version is delayed until 8/29? Verizon obviously isn't thinking this phone will fly off the shelves. It's the contracts they want that's what brings them the money the cash they get from the phones is negligible.
24. PhoneCritic (Posts: 355; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
This is what kills phone manufactures. I really feel bad for HTC not having the power that Samsung, Apple or Google has to really fight with VZ. I have never liked Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile etc.. the carries i feel are a necessary evil. their bloatware and constant long testing periods are ridiculous. If Google could saturate the country with WiFi then we would have a great option, users and manufactures a like, to completely bypass Verizon, At&T, Sprint, T-mobile etc... quick updates, no contracts and purchase any device I want at a cheap price because no LTE radio or cellular radio is needed it all works on WiFi.
When will carries understand we just want a dumb pipe and nothing else? ( sorry for the rant)
26. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5555; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the blue one is coming to Verizon?
now i may consider that...
30. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Why the blue one is coming to Verizon, and the red one to Sprint baffles me. Maybe Verizon doesn't want to offer competing red phones. ;)
33. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5555; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, it seems like Verizon never gets the red phones (with the Ultra being the recent exception) AT&T got the red SIII and now Sprint is getting the red One. so weird...the blue is nice though, i'd have to see the red and the blue in public to decide between them. o:
39. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
Remember the Palm Centro? Verizon got the blue one and Sprint got the red one. This seems like the identical situation.
40. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5555; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
haha, that sure did happen didn't it?
29. mojtaba_mn (Posts: 161; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
i have almin color but this is nice too very great phone i cant work by another phone very lovely
32. Jillxz (Posts: 147; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
I heard they changed it from Aug. 1 to Aug. 20 . Remains to be seen , but one thing is certain , by the time it gets to Verizon it will be an old phone.
34. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I doubt they'll release it the same day as the new DROIDs. Verizon doesn't want anything standing between you and a shiny new Motorola Droid.
36. rbbnice07 (Posts: 15; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Dude seriously? I was going to get the One but instead opted for the S4 yesterday. Good thing.... Hahahahaha. What a joke.
37. Dadler22 (Posts: 161; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Yawn, Gave up on Verizon. Just keeping my Note II until GS5, at least they'll get that phone on time.
44. RomeoJDR (Posts: 237; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
weren't they the last to release the S4? At least they weren't too far behind
42. rmac (Posts: 12; Member since: 04 Jan 2010)
Why ruin a perfectly good phone by making it ugly like that?
45. xtian1103 (Posts: 354; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
bought the htc one in jb hifi last may, i'm so excited coz it's so beautiful but as time goes by, it felt boring. one thing is i have a lot of songs i would like to sync on it but even doubletwist won't let me sync it as usb mass storage isn't allowed. and when the purple screen showed on the camera more often than not, i decided to switch to xperia z. now i'm happier! it might not be the best android phone but i loved it!