HTC One selling well, but not as well as the Samsung Galaxy S4
0. phoneArena 05 May 2013, 01:55 posted on
A survey of 20 AT&T and Sprint stores in Los Angeles reveals that the HTC One is selling well, but not as well as the Samsung Galaxy S4; despite a nearly two week head start for HTC's new Android flagship model, the Samsung Galaxy S4 has out sold its aluminum clad rival and has been returned fewer times than the HTC One has...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
116. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
thats what u think about developing countries!
233. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
India is one of these countries, not a developed nation 100% yet but an Indian would take Samsung over HTC anyday because the specs.
148. Daftama (Posts: 619; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Only downside I see micro sd 4 ultra pixels phenomenal
92. Note2waitingonNote3 (banned) (Posts: 87; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Samsung will always rule
115. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
today i tested HTC One for like 5 mins and guys,WOWWWWWWWWWWWW....
that handset even looks premium from a distance! i have ordered my GS4 and it will be sent to me tomorrow but i will definitely be getting One!
i just wish HTC works more on its marketing department like sammy! i bet it would give GS4 even more tough competition if it markets its HTC One!
118. TechFreak (Posts: 15; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
Yes really fast..Anyway HTC One is a new start fot HTC..
Galaxy line has been on for years..Very good effort and a solid phone praised by all reviews no matter what haters say..
218. ph00ny (Posts: 1166; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Isn't that what everyone said last year about the HTC "One" lineup?
I'm just waiting for them to do HTC One+ like they did with HTC One X+
264. pkiran1996 (Posts: 166; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
ph00ny has a point. The original 'One' series was supposed to be a completely new beginning for HTC. What does it say about HTC since they've had to rebrand and revamp the interface 2 times in a row?
146. zippolite28 (Posts: 105; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
For me selling well is importent ... Let Ne not even think of comparing to s4...
216. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
and may be a red version also
261. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
its clear if htc really want more than samsung must prepare itself for a great advertise..
about phone one is the best situation for htc in order to beats s4..
every thing is perfect in one..many top technology sites say the one is best since now..
i belive that only big advertice can returne htc to pick of sales.
2. zhiae (unregistered)
i knew that happen
40. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3610; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
It's all in the name man, it's all in the name.
Samsung Galaxy series has been doing great the gone years and to an average person who doesn't know what's in and out of both these devices will definitely pick Samsung.
46. zhiae (unregistered)
that is a problem if i dint know in and out i would defiantly took htc
but im crazy with processors over clocking roms all stuff like that
with locked bootloder any phone is real s**t to me .
89. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
Let the sales do the talking!!!
94. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Nokia Wp Lumia 920-928 will sell more than Htc™
147. zippolite28 (Posts: 105; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
I would say not to compare to Nokia... As Nokia and HTC my love..
228. MultiYouTroll (Posts: 29; Member since: 19 Apr 2013)
If you're so crazy all about that stuff, why not just unlock the phone's bootloader
238. zhiae (unregistered)
Just think what is best mobile processor right now?
What is best mobile display right now ?
Best tuch maby or camera
Believe me i would pick htc but s4 has octa i cant wait to try it if they had same s600 I would take the htc
Do you know what sam laks ???§ I know it is a sexy design
3. pyradark (Posts: 825; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
S4 sells great, XZ sells very good, One sells well, how about LG and Nokia???
32. anleoflippy (Posts: 595; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
I'm sorry, I just had to chuckle because of you saying that XZ is a bad phone.
38. mew7946510 (Posts: 55; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)
You can't say it's bad but it definitely is not the best though. Try soaking it to water with those two and see who survives. :)
124. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Apart from the fact that it has the least problem since launch
160. anleoflippy (Posts: 595; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
The Camera problem seems to be the problem with it.
With that said, I do not own the Xperia Z but it's little brother, Xperia ZL and it's just a tad better in terms of practical hardware, software and size.
Once the GS4 and HTC Once comes in to East Malaysia, I would really like to test one of them.
The problem with the society is that people won't give other brands a try. They always go for Samsung or Apple. I'm not hating the brand, just the people here. And I can already sense that people will say that HTC One sucks because it only has 4mp. My gawd I hate my society.
175. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
The camera is a software issue. On S4 and One are hardware issue. S4 suffer from purple screen and overheating. One suffers from built quality/defects, gaps, power button are flat, and the touch button doesn't response.
18. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4273; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yes, because that 2% of market share phablets have just has HTC shaking in their boots. Actually, not even 2%, because 5" displays were included in the phablet category even though they aren't really phablets.
88. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
So what would you call htc butterfly which has a 5" display? Is that a phablet too?
139. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Its a phone, just like S4, it also got 5" display
234. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4273; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
No, I still consider devices with 5" displays phones.
177. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3716; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Once again, your logic is flawed, Berzerker. What percentage of the total number of phones that come to market are "phablets" (stupid term)? About 1-2%? If only 1 out of 50 phones that come out are a phablet, then they aren't doing so bad with a 2% market share.
209. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
all he's saying is that the Phablet category is still a very niche one even for Samsung and it isn't crucial to solidifying HTC's demise like 1ceTr0n implies.
224. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3716; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I disgree about the phablet category being niche. The Galaxy Note 2 has sold over 10 million already. The original also did 10 mil. That's not niche. But yes, you are correct on the second part.
229. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
that's merely two models. compared to the total share of smartphone sales year after year that make up the total market share the phablet share is still quite niche however that is changing fast. remember the phablet category is still just in it's infancy.
236. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4273; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
All I was saying is that currently, phablets aren't widely accepted and HTC should worry about them like the guy I was replying to was saying. Yes, if more manufacturers made phablets they would obviously sell more, but currently the phablet category only appeals to a small part of the market.
I think phablet is a stupid term too, but I don't really know what else to call them.
53. b1acktiger (Posts: 223; Member since: 19 May 2012)
A phone always will be a phone. There is tablet for huge screen with call facility. Samsung's bigger screen better phone theory has to be brought down. Its hard to find a good specd phone with a decent 4-4.3" android device.
57. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
yea right , how many would want a 6" tablet on their face and pockets lol
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
As expected, most people are following the crowd, they don't care about the design of the S4, they only care about the smart features, and Samsung copied some smart features from LG's Optimus G Pro, for example, LG's Smart Video and Dual Camera, Samsung think it's ok to copy and rename it to Smart Pause and Dual Shot. In conclusion, Samsung copy from LG.
And HTC needs to keep it up to defeat Samsung!
(I know I will get thumbs down, but this is the truth.)
6. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 549; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Within the past 10 years, essentially EVERY SINGLE TECH COMPANY has "copied" an idea from one company or another, so stop that bulls**t agurment, it has no weight anymore.
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
And that's where the "patent" and "sue" came from.
50. zhiae (unregistered)
i guess hell
11. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 382; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
this smart or gimmicky features like smart scrolling,smart pause,Dual camera,smart video etc will be in tommorrow's Nokia & Apple phones also,then what you will say? they also have copied.
16. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What will I say? I don't have to say anything. I will just prepare for the "SUE SHOW".
Starring - Apple and Samsung
Director - Tim Cook
Music - J.K Shin
Coming this Fall, be ready 4 the next "Suelaxy".
Will be also available in 3D.
41. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It seems like nobody can take a joke here....... =_='
17. jackhammer91 (Posts: 21; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
get your facts right son.. g pro copied s4 features after s4 launch, lg said that THEY WILL ADD S4 LIKE FEATURES TO G PRO
21. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Get your facts right dude, the Optimus G Pro came out before the Galaxy S4. And the Optimus G Pro is an upgraded Optimus G, the real thing is coming and that's the Optimus G2.
29. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
No one cares, no one buys LG, especially in the US. Heck there best selling phone by far is the Nexus. The Optimus G didn't sell and the Optimus G Pro for only AT&T will even sell less.
35. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wait for the Optimus G2.
When LG becomes popular, just remember back what you've said today, and think about it.
54. b1acktiger (Posts: 223; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Nexus 4 re wrote their destiny and they are sitting at top 3 position. I know that LG produces carp as well as good too.. better i wont talk about their updates.
215. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Im confused on how this became about sales.
30. ashisharbola (Posts: 62; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
yeh it's came before S4 but it doesn't have these feature at that time....after uneviling of S4 they told people that they will have same feature in there device through an update....so the point is that Samsung introduce these features first to the market :)
44. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1151; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
umm actually G pro never had the duel camera feature when it was launched, they added it weeks later from a premium update package, and that happened after the S4 launch.
59. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
LG yah g pro came out b4 galaxy s4.. but the features are part of a latter package update. And BEfore g pro, samsung already filed trademarks abt smart scroll and smart pause!!! Search for it in gsmarena's blog or google it anywhere..and thse are already an extension of s3's smart stay.. just wait for court actions bfore u make s*** actions
73. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Use Swiftkey before scolding someone, I don't understand a word you're saying.
80. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Lol i myt have bad sentnce constrction but even a 5 yr old american kid can understand that haha ..
Lol lame excuse..
109. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Although kclgphilsbsa has some issues with grammar, his comment is pretty clear!
Like Jason2k13, ashisharbola and jackhammer91 said before, these features were released after S4 announcement. LG has no ground to call Samsung copycat. The G Pro is the carbon copy of the NOTE II.
They also tried to replicate Samsung's Multiwindow with Qslide, which is an epic fail actually.
Anyway, get your facts right before making false claims!
138. lovenyc8 (Posts: 164; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
100% sure you work for Samsung you one of the students.