HTC One prices in the UK start off at £459 ($703) SIM-free, less than the Xperia Z
0. phoneArena 20 Feb 2013, 06:08 posted on
Several of the leading mobile phone retailers in the UK have already posted their preorder prices for the HTC One. The one and only handset ranges from £459 (~$703), through £510 at Clove, to £519 at Expansys...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
How do you know it better, you have these devices?
11. nikenturd (unregistered)
the Xperia is non IPS, has a slower cpu and gpu, has inferior camera and sound, has inferior design...what else....
13. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
What are you talking about?
They have the same GPU, Adreno 320!
15. pyradark (Posts: 863; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
you forgot Tough Phone, Superior design, water & Dust resistant, 5inch screen, microsd support, 7.6mm thick and many people will buy this!!!
28. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Inferior design. Compared to a Blackberry Z10/iPhone 5 with a Xperia S/P backings... yes indeed its inferior. One have a 4.7 inch display but its the same size as the Z with a 5 inch display, not to mention thicker and not IP57. One'a camera sample is average, its here on PA
35. robcar (Posts: 109; Member since: 18 Jan 2011)
Xperia Z has a better a cleaner design and is water resistant but beyond that it seems HTC is a better choice.
49. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
In the real world the difference between an s4 pro and snapdragon 600 is minimal besides benchmark boasting. Now if it was a snapdragon 800 the Xperia Z would have a serious disadvantage.
The snapdragon 600 is only 35% faster cpu, its basically an imporved s4 pro. The real king if the snapdragon 800 with 75% more powerful cpu and 2x the gpu power.
52. pyradark (Posts: 863; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
and in the real world people still choose Xperia Z over HTC.
17. ravigill (Posts: 24; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
now xperia z is out of compitition.......as we can see review of xperia z in phoneraena and gsmarena i.e. camera is not very good,,,,,...so in camera aspects sony out....in speed or benchmarks sony out as compare to htc one (by far distance)....so what xperia is ,,dust and water ressistant.....btw i never fall mobile in water .....so sony again out...
19. harshithh (Posts: 12; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
hey...wat the s**t u noe abt camera!!dude read the full review than speak...he says camera not at its best in only one of the mode nd in other all mode its excellnt!!!sony is still the best!!atleast for me!!
29. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Ahh, the good old bulls**t phonearena biased review...
48. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
yess htc one no debut..its far better of screen, ui, camera, sounds, harware and software..specially with less cost..battary is better cus its 4,7 inch .
im sorry sony fans i dont take xperia z only for water resistance..
3. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Well I guess this really puts the z out of the question for most poeple (the average consumer)
14. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
me buy ( expecting hands down any moment )
27. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i don't see a great difference. and don't forget this price is for 16GB version with no micro SD support. the 32GB is more expensive.
32. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Oh don't forget you are not informed at all. There is only a 32g and 64g model of the HTC one.
4. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
i still love z ........cause its water and dust proof and having camera of 13 mp.....
6. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
Do not just look at the numbers(trust me, they do not say anything), wait for the comparison between the images of the two cameras!
23. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Dont forget its smooth flat surface design &to pkay station certified
5. aayupanday (Posts: 574; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
You will receive a better bang for your buck if you choose this One over the Xperia Z however, patience is required...
7. papss (unregistered)
What a good price for this beast.. Sony really needs to work on their pricing structure. That could hurt them severely. The one may be my next phone, looks amazing, has great specs.. I want it pretty bad
8. aquadust (Posts: 29; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
Xperia Z price start at 599EUR here is Slovakia. Would be nice if HTC One will start at around 550-560EUR. I'm going to sell my One X because of poor battery life. Let's hope so much extra power from new chipset and 1080p screen won't affect battery life of One too much.
10. nikenturd (unregistered)
Uh oh...Sony getting caught again with their pants down lol...the HTC is not arguably better..it IS better specs wise ( well at least on paper)...
12. Lyngdoh (Posts: 266; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Seriously? This seems awkward to me. In India The htc butterfly is Rs 45990 (~£550).
46. garyyad (Posts: 10; Member since: 22 May 2012)
that was a stupid decision by htc to price butterfly so aggressively now they realise it..gud for us..