HTC One name confirmed on billboard during championship football match
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Feb 2013, 20:21
Many had hoped that they would wake up from the nightmare to find out that the HTC One was still the HTC M7 and were holding on to the chance that the report of the name change would prove to be incorrect; but during the recent Champions League game between Celtic and Juventus, the billboard surrounding the pitch read HTC One...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ama3654 posted on 12 Feb 2013, 20:28 6 0
The M7 sounds so cool, i dont know why they changed, this is gonna be so confusing when you go to buy the phone and the salesman says this is HTC One, this HTC One X, and HTC One XL...which one to choose???
2. PhoneArenaUser posted on 12 Feb 2013, 20:42 12 2
Here is a "small" list:
HTC One X
HTC One X+
HTC One V
HTC One S
HTC One SV
HTC One VX
HTC One ST
HTC One SC
HTC One SU
HTC One XC
HTC One XL
HTC One S C2
7. darkskoliro posted on 12 Feb 2013, 21:06 12 1
You realise those names are for multiple markets? Some are pretty much the same just released in different countries with different names...want to see what a "small" list is? Go look at how many phones Samsung released last year with the name Galaxy.
10. HDShatter posted on 12 Feb 2013, 22:59 5 3
Atleast Samsungs naming isn't confusing. HTC just uses letters that mean nothing.
26. PhoneArenaUser posted on 13 Feb 2013, 08:06 1 0
Yes, I know that some of them are for multiple markets, I just listed "One" series.
3. Owlet posted on 12 Feb 2013, 20:44 2 3
Does anybody know if it will have wireless charging coils built in? Any leaks indicating this?
5. Jurdiales posted on 12 Feb 2013, 20:59 1 0
why not HTC Two?? It would be the correct name for the new renewed generation of HTC phones...
6. Jurdiales posted on 12 Feb 2013, 21:01 0 0
ok... "new renewed" was too redundant... sorry, english is not my native language :P
8. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 12 Feb 2013, 21:11 1 1
Meh....the LG flagship looks a lot better (at least on paper) plus it has waay bigger battery.
22. lovefist posted on 13 Feb 2013, 02:09 3 0
Ohh poor HTC, people are conparing you to LG now.. So sad.
23. Doakie posted on 13 Feb 2013, 02:17 0 0
Dude. Oh how the mighty have fallen. From EVO 4G to sub LG...
9. skymitch89 posted on 12 Feb 2013, 21:51 2 0
I don't really believe that this device will be call the "HTC One" considering that last year's models were the "One Series". This banner could simply be promoting the HTC One series and not the next flagship device.
21. lovefist posted on 13 Feb 2013, 02:06 0 0
Well we should all start believing htc to do crazy stuff like naming and confusing flagships.. After all arent they crazy enough to put anemic batteries on their smartphones?!
11. jroc74 posted on 12 Feb 2013, 23:22 1 0
Still dont like it, still think its a step back with the name.
All I know is if a customer who really doesnt follow phones saw an HTC One, One X and One X+ in a store...
They would naturally think the HTC One was the older phone. I predict alot of sales reps working thru lunch and overtime if they keep the name HTC One....
At least its just AT&T in the US that has to deal with that. Verizon version will have a different name.
12. jroc74 posted on 12 Feb 2013, 23:27 0 0
IF Verizon has a version... so far I only see AT&T with the One X in the US.
17. ghanemsam posted on 13 Feb 2013, 01:01 0 0
the rumor said that the device will be released in all major carrier in the US " AT&T, T-mobile, Verizon & Sprint"
15. AshishRomea posted on 13 Feb 2013, 00:01 0 2
i compare with this , Sony has better naming than this ... with samsung being best !
16. ghanemsam posted on 13 Feb 2013, 00:59 0 0
cant wait to see this beast "the mighty M7"
i think the name is confusing they should name it as " HTC One X2, or HTC Two X" i think this will be better
18. g2a5b0e posted on 13 Feb 2013, 01:03 1 1
Another issue with the name, "HTC One", that I've only rarely heard brought up is what to call the mid-range & entry-level versions. Do you use fractions at that point? HTC One Half? HTC One Third? HTC One Quarter? I don't see how HTC doesn't see how this might cause problems.
20. amiroo posted on 13 Feb 2013, 01:37 0 0
ok finaly we have one name there and thats important for me all the best spc of this handpeace..
it will be sooooo cooooll and every one repect it..
19/2/13 wellcome to one.
27. Sam987 posted on 13 Feb 2013, 15:06 0 0
The name appeared on the billboard again in today's Manchester United vs. Real Madrid match.