HTC One name confirmed on billboard during championship football match
introduced during a press event on February 19th and the manufacturer sent a tweet teasing the date (see the image below). This model is expected to offer a FHD display on a 4.7 inch screen. The combination of the high resolution and the smaller screen produces an industry best 468ppi pixel density, beating out the 441ppi on those 5 inch models led by HTC's own HTC DROID DNA. Speculation has the HTC One launching in France on March 8th at a price of 650 EUR ($875 USD).
So it looks like the HTC One name is here to stay. What say you? Leave us your comments in the box below.
source: HTC, TechTastic (translated) via AndroidAuthority
HTC tweets the date of the press event
1. ama3654 (Posts: 249; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
The M7 sounds so cool, i dont know why they changed, this is gonna be so confusing when you go to buy the phone and the salesman says this is HTC One, this HTC One X, and HTC One XL...which one to choose???
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5497; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Here is a "small" list:
HTC One X
HTC One X+
HTC One V
HTC One S
HTC One SV
HTC One VX
HTC One ST
HTC One SC
HTC One SU
HTC One XC
HTC One XL
HTC One S C2
7. darkskoliro (Posts: 997; Member since: 07 May 2012)
You realise those names are for multiple markets? Some are pretty much the same just released in different countries with different names...want to see what a "small" list is? Go look at how many phones Samsung released last year with the name Galaxy.
10. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Atleast Samsungs naming isn't confusing. HTC just uses letters that mean nothing.
26. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5497; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Yes, I know that some of them are for multiple markets, I just listed "One" series.
13. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
That's why they call it the One SERIES.
3. Owlet (Posts: 447; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
Does anybody know if it will have wireless charging coils built in? Any leaks indicating this?
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
HTC one XXX? LOL
5. Jurdiales (Posts: 121; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
why not HTC Two?? It would be the correct name for the new renewed generation of HTC phones...
6. Jurdiales (Posts: 121; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
ok... "new renewed" was too redundant... sorry, english is not my native language :P
8. nikenturd (unregistered)
Meh....the LG flagship looks a lot better (at least on paper) plus it has waay bigger battery.
22. lovefist (unregistered)
Ohh poor HTC, people are conparing you to LG now.. So sad.
23. Doakie (Posts: 1322; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Dude. Oh how the mighty have fallen. From EVO 4G to sub LG...
9. skymitch89 (Posts: 1118; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I don't really believe that this device will be call the "HTC One" considering that last year's models were the "One Series". This banner could simply be promoting the HTC One series and not the next flagship device.
21. lovefist (unregistered)
Well we should all start believing htc to do crazy stuff like naming and confusing flagships.. After all arent they crazy enough to put anemic batteries on their smartphones?!
11. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Still dont like it, still think its a step back with the name.
All I know is if a customer who really doesnt follow phones saw an HTC One, One X and One X+ in a store...
They would naturally think the HTC One was the older phone. I predict alot of sales reps working thru lunch and overtime if they keep the name HTC One....
At least its just AT&T in the US that has to deal with that. Verizon version will have a different name.
12. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
IF Verizon has a version... so far I only see AT&T with the One X in the US.
17. ghanemsam (Posts: 64; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
the rumor said that the device will be released in all major carrier in the US " AT&T, T-mobile, Verizon & Sprint"
15. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
i compare with this , Sony has better naming than this ... with samsung being best !
16. ghanemsam (Posts: 64; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
cant wait to see this beast "the mighty M7"
i think the name is confusing they should name it as " HTC One X2, or HTC Two X" i think this will be better
18. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2710; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Another issue with the name, "HTC One", that I've only rarely heard brought up is what to call the mid-range & entry-level versions. Do you use fractions at that point? HTC One Half? HTC One Third? HTC One Quarter? I don't see how HTC doesn't see how this might cause problems.
20. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
ok finaly we have one name there and thats important for me all the best spc of this handpeace..
it will be sooooo cooooll and every one repect it..
19/2/13 wellcome to one.
27. Sam987 (Posts: 4; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
The name appeared on the billboard again in today's Manchester United vs. Real Madrid match.