HTC One mini vs Galaxy S4 mini, HTC One and more: size comparison
0. phoneArena 18 Jul 2013, 08:12 posted on
When you think about it, the HTC One mini is a very exciting smartphone, as it manages to both offer compact dimensions and retain the premium status of its bigger variant. Not many other handsets have managed to do that, not even the recently launched Galaxy S4 mini, which looks like a decidedly mid-range product...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Cesar (Posts: 117; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
S IV mini > HTC ONE mini
except the design and screen resolution
33. gorkapr (Posts: 24; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
amoled screens can burn it in less than 1 year, thats terrible...
4. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
And the processor and the build quality and ohhh almost everything.
22. piyath (Posts: 150; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
Processor??? Are you a dumb ass or what? S4 mini is better in the processor category. Build quality is rational. It's not a fact. I like the plastic built rather more.
34. gorkapr (Posts: 24; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
the same appears on the big versions, but hte benchmark of the One is better than the S4 wih less GHz...
23. piyath (Posts: 150; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
No you are a wrong. Both have 16 Gb internal storage. But in addition S4 mini had a micro SD card slot too. HTC doesn't support micro SD card or any external memory card.
7. yahoo29 (Posts: 71; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
Yah HTC One Mini wins in Build Quality, Dual Speaker, & Screen Resolution, But S4 Mini only wins in Chipset & Compaction Build, In Screen Technology It is user itself must pick which is best for them coz i dont know which is best if S-Amoled or that S-LCD 2 coz for me this 2 type is ok for me.
13. akki20892 (Posts: 2302; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
no LCD 2 is great screen, it gives you best color. check GS4 vs HTC One u will see differences, htc one screen gives u pure color while Gs4 screen gives u yellowish. because i seen differences.
25. piyath (Posts: 150; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
Don't tell lies. Samsung won awards even for their latest Amoled display on the S4. Even according to the Adobe company S4 display is the best in the market today. It gives more natural colors just like the iPhone 5 and its a popular news buddy. Amoleds are less power consuming and give rich colors compared to dull colors on any LCD screen. Sorry pal that's the truth..
30. akki20892 (Posts: 2302; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Dude in my home we have gs4 and HTC one, and I know what is difference between both. Sorry but it's true. Whenever u have hands on check it then tell.
20. b1acktiger (Posts: 185; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Its not about LCD or AMOLED. We are talking about resolution, qHD or HD ?
35. gorkapr (Posts: 24; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
in the S-amoled, if you put all yellow the screen, and turn it a little bit, you see green, in s-lcd2 do not happen.
14. Android-Boxer (Posts: 11; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
I'm just curious! Does HTC mini has a notification light? I looked over videos and articles but nobody mentions it.. As Galaxy S4 mini doesn't has one, i don't wanna go for it, Cz i had enough with my S2 already!
17. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Droid Mini > HTC One Mini & Galaxy S4 Mini
Motorola did excellently with the Razr M and i expect no less with the next iteration.
18. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Design and screen resolution is what you feel and what you see in real life every day when you use the device. Those are 2 huge minuses in my book and its a hell of a lot more important than benchmark scores especially when fluidity is not an issue.
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
Size comparison? IPhone win hands down :)
8. guitarjohn3 (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Obviously, because it's the smallest phone and everyone wants small phones because it's the year 2000.
19. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
I just like a small phone because we still have the same size pockets as in the year 2000.
9. iushnt (Posts: 376; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
its 4 inches compared to 4.3 and s4 mini is till about equal to iphone 5.
10. pellegrini (Posts: 83; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
The HTC One is definitely a good looking phone, but the HTC One Mini's design lacks some of its big bother finishing, which makes me feel that it isn't so premium as the HTC One.
We know that it's a mid-range device, but look at the S4 Mini, it has all the same design characteristics of the S4, and it makes me fell that I own a "S4 phone". I don't get the same feeling looking at the HTC One Mini.
PS: I'm not a fan of S4 "plastic thing" but it's for sure a good looking phone too.
36. ElScorcho (Posts: 21; Member since: 17 Jul 2013)
U're right, SS' flagship has the finishing of a low-end device, so it's not hard to make the same on a mid-range that looks the same :-)
12. hustlervanz (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Please compare S4 mini, HTC one mini and Xperia SP! :)
26. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2957; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I vote for XSP! Clearly the top dog except for the TFT screen.
16. flynfree (Posts: 372; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Xperia zl is 5" full hd display with small form factor.
27. taz89 (Posts: 1903; Member since: 03 May 2011)
I wouldn't call the HTC one mini cosiderably smaller than the one... Also how has the one mini kept the premium of the bigger "brother than the s4 mini . they both look like bigger versions. The one mini has better screen , the s4 mini has better internals.
28. ElScorcho (Posts: 21; Member since: 17 Jul 2013)
A 132x63mm phone is never mini in 2013, maybe in 2015 as sizes are growing each year.
Today's mini size without low-end specs should tend to 120x60mm.
1700mAh non removable battery to feed a 720p screen is a joke, and the small processor won't help taking profit of the display.
HTC disappoints me a bit more phone after phone despite I got 3 of their devices since 2008...
S4 mini has the good power/size despite i don't like SS' flashy screens and glossy cheap plastics, they defenitely improved since pitiful S3mini. but qHD screen sticks the phone to mid-mid-range.
According to latest pictures XT1030 Droid Mini will be the best representative of the "mini" category on the size aspect. If it has 720p screen + harmonious hardware + MotoX features I'll defenitely make it mine day1.