HTC One mini 2 press render leaks, confirms earlier single camera set-up
0. phoneArena 02 May 2014, 10:10 posted on
Earlier this week, a leaked photograph of the HTC One mini 2 revealed that the Duo camera set-up on the HTC One (M8), will not be coming to the mini version of the flagship phone. The second lens is used to allow HTC One (M8) users to change the focus on a picture that has already been processed. You can change the focus from the foreground to the background, or add artistic looking blur images to the background of a photograph...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. duartix (Posts: 233; Member since: 01 Apr 2014)
It will be really funny when everybody realises that the mini takes better pictures than the original M8.
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Then everyone will buy the Mini instead of M8 lol.
13. rkoforever90 (Posts: 110; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
what about 2010 htc device like one x takes better picture?
5. UglyFrank (Posts: 1201; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
They are probably going to butcher the 13MP Camera so that they can make the 4MP Camera seem better
16. karkavelas (Posts: 64; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)
I have the HTC one m8 and I have no problem with the pictures, I don't know what you are talking about.
I mean it's not the best but it's ok for what I need it.
I quess everybody here is a professional photographer.
3. uchihakurtz (Posts: 323; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Sony was the first that made a mini equivalent to the original, guess HTC is the first that made a mini that out stands the original, LOL
4. gigantos (Posts: 63; Member since: 25 Jul 2013)
What a pity. I just bought a Xperia ZR because there was no better phone in this size range, except Motorola phones which are not available here in Taiwan (other Compact and Minis a bit too small). If pricing is right this One mini 2 can really be a hit. UltraPixel sucks.
6. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What's so pity about? The Xperia ZR is as good as the Z but only a bit smaller, even though it doesn't have mouthwatering specs but hey, at least it's still a good phone and can get the job done.
7. gigantos (Posts: 63; Member since: 25 Jul 2013)
GSMArena said that ZR even better than Z in a number of aspects. I just hate big phones and find 4.3'' a bit too small. ZR is good, but Sony will soon stop support for its last year phones as always :(( and ZR forum in XDA is very quiet. It's hard to find a 2014 phone in my wanted display size range with good specs.
9. SonyPS4 (Posts: 323; Member since: 21 May 2013)
ZR is probably still better than S5 mini and M8 mini. Many people dont know that ZR is actaully mini ver for Z.
12. Taters (Posts: 5842; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lol it still has a huge bottom bezel even without that useless depth camera. That is quite sad...
14. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
HTC is a dumb company. With all the negative feedback on the M8's front bezel/logo, they still leave it on the M8 mini.
17. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 239; Member since: 30 May 2013)
the logo isnt putted on the phone without reason >.< ,if u look at htc m8's dissasemble vid,u can see thats everything tight in the phone....
18. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
If HTC had kept using capacative buttons -- all three normal Android buttons -- and dropped their logo, more people would have understood. As we have a large black bar with just a logo on it and no function, it stands out as egotistical bad design/engineering.
Overall, getting rid of the 4MP camera is the big win for the mini. It's a nicely designed phone, albeit with crippled specs other than the camera. This is assuming they didn't buy some cheap 13MP camera that doesn't even work, like HTC might do.
19. Taters (Posts: 5842; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
That makes it even worse. If they had to use that space. Their engineers suck if they needed that space and no one else needs it.
20. Klamba92 (Posts: 210; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Wow I am sitting next to a man that has this phone at first I thought it was the htc one mini but its the new one except it has yellow accents on the side and yellow lines on the back instead of the black ones in the PIC above also it has on screen keys so it can't be the original one mini. Probably a variant of it I want to take a PIC but scared I might get caught lol. I know that it gives you no reason to believe me!