HTC One max vs Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs LG G2: specs comparison
0. phoneArena 14 Oct 2013, 05:38 posted on
The HTC One Max is now a reality, and though product unveilings are usually a joyous occasion for the companies behind them and consumers both, it falls down on the latter to roll up their sleeves and start weighing the product's relative pros and cons...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
12. o0Exia0o (Posts: 890; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
How do you figure? The LG G2 seems to be a fairly decent offering.
30. EarnYourLeather (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Because Galaxy is now a household name and people like to feel like they're a part of a successful brand.
32. Windsponge (Posts: 92; Member since: 01 Nov 2009)
I checked out LG a lot finally bought note 3. Button on go really ruin a pretty good phone. Note 3 is much smoother. Much better features for me. I think 3 is better.
39. cheetah2k (Posts: 1490; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Note 3... no way.. Not if you put them side by side and watch all the UI lag in the Note 3. The LG G2 is so fluid, and also natively supports LTE-A, plus that "knock knock" to turn on is simply brilliant without the need to press a button or anything!.
The Note 3 camera lags like a pig.. much like the S4 camera, you just can't capture a moment without it passing by before the shutter works... ugh.. FTL
LG have made a cracking phone in the G2. After their previous 2X and 4X flagship phone failures, they've really pulled their fingers out and given us something awesome
46. maccess (Posts: 742; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
"UI lag" lol it's obvious you know nothin about note 3.. please mind yourself to check all note 3 reviews on youtube.. you'll see no lag.. or maybe you didn't know what lag means??
2. zhiae (unregistered)
next best media consumption on the way.
36. GTR722 (Posts: 261; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
I love how PA always "forgets" about Sony Phones....where is the ZUltra PA ??
45. Chris.P (Posts: 520; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
3. tech2 (Posts: 3326; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Nice day to show this comparison, PA coz tomorrow all of'em will be dethroned by ........;) :D
11. o0Exia0o (Posts: 890; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
That is assuming that you are putting your faith in rumors seeing as no invites have been sent out for a scheduled event.
Just so you know I hope that you are right though.
19. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
They are not rumors anymore. It is all 99.9% confirmed. All that is missing is an official announcement.
21. o0Exia0o (Posts: 890; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
So you have official proof that it will be released tomorrow? Would you care to share said proof that it will be released tomorrow? If you don't then your comment is invalid. Nobody was talking specs here, just announcement/ release date.
4. zhiae (unregistered)
message to HTC
: u dont sell well
there is nothing wrong with ur device it is our mind change it fake us like any other company's do.
5. Smokin (Posts: 120; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Wait. In GSMArena its 6" IPS LCD. I dunno wheres right
15. Chris.P (Posts: 520; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
Super-LCD3 is also an IPS panel. Problem with getting a more consistent naming is that manufacturers rarely talk about specifics like this and instead just use blanket terms, like IPS.
I've edited the wording a bit to reflect this. Good eye, by the way ;)
7. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Another weak device by HTC.
That's why they are falling.
9. Retro-touch (Posts: 272; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Have to agree, only a blind and retarded person would go for this over a Note 3, which outclasses it in every department save for build quality
23. dratomic (Posts: 483; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
metal is not equal to build quality. if ygis metal clad breaks with a drop like htc one (which is not repairable) then in my opinion it's not build quality. Watch note 3 s drop test to get what I'm saying.
31. EarnYourLeather (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
"Metal is not equal to build quality."
I wish I could put that on a billboard somewhere.
25. almostdone (Posts: 231; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
With all that metal making the phone so big and heavy 217g.
26. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Or people who are jt spec Whore. Beside benchmarks there is not really different. You will have similar battery life in all three. The G2 have a much better camera then the note 3. Apple prove that it s not all about spec but user experience. That is why Google only went with a duel core for the Moto X. But only dumb people call other retard for not careing about the new spec. A cellphone is like a computer I don't care about the newest thing spec but something that work and last longer
27. dratomic (Posts: 483; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
GSMArena says note3 camera >>g2. so your opinions are invalid
40. cheetah2k (Posts: 1490; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
GSMArena obviously didnt care about the Note 3 camera startup lag then.. Also the low light video and still photos are terrible... Looks like another rushed device like the S4 IMO.
LG G2 >> Note 3 for sure, especially out door photo colour reproduction and IS
44. dratomic (Posts: 483; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
GSMArena is the most null and unbiased site ever (sure their reviews were skewed towards samsung in the past but they have been clean for 5 years now!) and I buy my devices based on their review and fortunately I've never regret it
47. maccess (Posts: 742; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
shut up boy.. you just pure samsung hater like to talk bullsh*t about them..
20. alouden (unregistered)
It's probably a decent phone. But you're right. If I were to choose now, I would have to choose the Note 3.
13. nxl2610 (Posts: 49; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
S600 ? and the 4 "ultrapixels" camera ?
Sry HTC ,your Max is DOA
16. mottykels (Posts: 379; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Poor htc for s600 and poor g2 for jb4.2.2, note3 wins
17. hassoups (Posts: 471; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
217 grams? Really? The only reason I'm thinking about upgrading from note 2 to 3 is because of the weight
18. londoner (Posts: 34; Member since: 12 Sep 2013)
will the G2 have an upgrate for the kit kat?
22. lpratas (Posts: 235; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Galaxy Note 3 also supports microSDXC cards, fact that you ignored, Chris P.. 64GB micro SD cards are microSDXC, and the Note 3 supports it.
24. drdaly (Posts: 63; Member since: 09 Nov 2012)
Personalized skins leaves nothing for the Upgrade Lg G2 skin is much like my nexus4 no big difference i mean,
Android version even kit kat will not be major upgrades just incremental like iOS always do
28. simplepink (Posts: 18; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
I was totally hoping and rooting for HTC but again, they disappoint! Sigh. N3 is even more appealing today bc of HTC news. Thanks PhoneArena for the comparison!
29. EarnYourLeather (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Note that the G2 is the only device here not being marketed as a phablet. It was included in this comparison, because it is an absolute BEAST of a smartphone.
I was waiting with bated breath for the Nexus 5 but I'm not even looking forward to its launch anymore after getting a G2. I honestly think it's the most slept on Android phone this year.
It is currently the reigning spec king for a non-phablet so performance is state of the art, and the level of customization you get with it is unmatched–that works in both directions. You can seriously all but remove LG's skin for a stock-like experience, if you really care about that sort of thing. The only thing you can't completely make dissappear are the Q-slide apps. Otherwise LG's skin is only as heavy as you want it to be, and I strongly feel that point has been ignored by everyone who has reviewed the phone.
34. Windsponge (Posts: 92; Member since: 01 Nov 2009)
Note 3 better. How do you like those on screen buttons? I hated them. Got Note 3.
35. EarnYourLeather (Posts: 87; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Loving them. Makes the front of the phone look super clean when it's off, and they go away when I'm watching videos. I only wish LG included a setting that made their background totally and consistently transparent, not just somewhat transparent on the home screen.
The Note 3 is just too big.
41. cheetah2k (Posts: 1490; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
The Note 3 is indeed way too big. Maybe good for a handbag and bluetooth headset. Just not practical. Aside from that all the Note 3's I've tried (about 5 so far in various countries) seem to have too much lag in the UI, again the phone is overburdened with useless gimicks that chew up memory and CPU cycles..
After my bad experience with the Samsung S4 (and for the record I've been a Samsung man for a long time), I think it will be a while until I buy another Samsung phone again...
38. londoner (Posts: 34; Member since: 12 Sep 2013)
Hey mate. Am just about to buy the G2 butthere is something that stoped me... i amtalking about theos andoid 4.2 when the note 3 and htc has the 4.3 versions. how big is the differencies between the 4.2 and 4.3 versions of thejelly bean?
42. cheetah2k (Posts: 1490; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
How much of a difference to useability and features is 4.3 vs 4.2? Not much.
IMO the LG G2 is probably the most bug free phone I've used in a long time and its really really smooth.
I don't think you would be disappointed buying the G2. I got mine in Singapore on release day, and have not looked back!
37. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Sorry HTC! Just not impressive enough, and if the international Oppo N1 has LTE (extremely unlikely) it would blow this out of the water for me.
49. Faisal8 (Posts: 5; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Yassssssss The one I bought wins....And also it's the first Mobile I bought it.. Galaxy Note 3