HTC One coming to Verizon?
0. phoneArena 23 May 2013, 15:38 posted on
Is the HTC One coming to Verizon? One of our loyal readers received an email from a vendor listing "in-stock accessories for the latest Verizon Wireless devices" and displayed those accessories including Otter Box, Incipio and Case-Mate cases made for HTC's new Android flagship; either this vendor knows something that we don't, or else a mistake has been made...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2870; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
HTC themselves, really need to get this device on Verizon. Verizon is the number 1 phone carrier and having their own flagship device on that network is very criticial in their future success. It's time for HTC to bounce back and give Samsung a run for it's money. Samsung was very lazy(IMO) with the SGS4, it wasn't a true successor if you ask me. I would suggest anyone to save the money and get the SGS3 over the 4.
But the HTC One is a huge and major step up for them and I am rooting for em.
5. Galen20K (Posts: 504; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
It's not up to htc, its up to Verizon to carry it. And they haven't wanted to but if they were Smart Verizon would Dump J-Lo's booty and pick up the much sexier htc One.
6. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2870; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Maybe so but they need to push and convience Verizon to carry the HTC One.
16. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5282; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Quite true. I was hoping VZW was going to be carrying the One. Maybe they will. If so, better late than never.
39. Mr.Verizon (Posts: 22; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
i haven't heard much of anything in the indirect channel yet to confirm this but since Verizon has a much stronger partnership with samsung than they do with HTC, it makes sense to hold out even annoucing the HTC one until after the S4 launches. HTC only makes a few phones for verizon but samsung has 4 basic and 5+ smartphones in my store alone so there could definitely be some truth to this rumor.
42. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Verizon has a stronger partnership with Samsung? They crapped a big ugly Verizon logo on the Note 2's home button and didn't even carry the Galaxy SII. Then they all but ignored the GNex.
Meanwhile they've sold 5 DROID branded HTC devices, and I'd argue they only branded the Charge a Droid because of the Bionic delay.
46. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 294; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I think they will carry it because Verizon pass practices of reducing the cost of HTC predecessor phones to free have all resulted in a successor being introduced to take it's place. The most recent incident of that was the HTC Rezound being replaced by the HTC Droid DNA.
34. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 204; Member since: 14 May 2013)
a device is sexier than booty for you?
54. iami67 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
when referin it to J-los booty anyone would be a fool to dump that. As far as the DNa I work for verizon and its hard to sell it. No one wants it. A lot of people like android cause expandable memory.
55. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Funny. My local Verizon shop said he hasn't sold many, but of the ones he's sold, there have been zero complaints. I agree that 16 GB memory is a major misstep on that phone, but every time I test one out, I enjoy it.
22. KParks23 (Posts: 422; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Looks like a simple amazon error 2 me! And at this point im hoping it does not come to vzw the phone is already 2 months old and personally at this point i would rather just wait for the butterfly 2 with a slightly bigger screen and possibly snapdragon 800 and 8mp ultrapixel camera with boomsound that would be perfect for me. ive been waiting for a top htc phone with some actual storage on vzw for a LONG time! So butterfly 2 by late august or September i would be happy just have a 64GB option plz!
2. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Great news if this is true... Meaning HTC is now becoming wider spread and more recognised which is exactly what they need to get back on their feet. ..!
45. chocolaking (Posts: 421; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I would say' good job, Verizon! ' You want HTC one to attract more service subscriber.
7. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I'm still not convinced. All the signs pointing to a Verizon One have been rumor, conjecture, muddy leaks and a dollop of wishful thinking on the part of tech sites and HTC fans. Verizon and HTC have both said since the One was announced that they're sticking with the DNA. Meanwhile we see leaks of a 5" device called the Butterfly S that would be a DNA replacement with key One features, namely the camera and speakers. It might even be coming this summer. I'm more excited about the phone that is probably coming to Verizon than the One that probably isn't.
8. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I hope so, this way those HTC fanboys can experience the DROID DNA all over again and incessantly bitch-bitch-bitch about it.
9. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Your comment makes no sense... You hope, that HTC fan boys can get the one to bitch about it.... Wtf are you talking about
18. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2870; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
I used the HTC One for a few days on Sprint and let me tell you. It was an amazing experience. NO LAG at all, smoothness all around, the web browsing experience was incredible. It run laps around my Note 2 and Sense 5 is nice(i wish they would have you to remove blinkfeed but maybe in a future update) and while I wish they had a dedicated menu button, that is pretty much my only and minor complaints.
Build qualtity is unmatched, audio quality on the dual front speakers is unmatched, imo Super LCD3 with a 1080p display is the best display there is, as much as I love my super amoled, I cannot believe how bright, sharp, clear, rich the colors are.
Yes I wish the battery was a bit bigger but it's def not bad and I am fine with no micro sd card because 32GB-64GB is easily enough.
Oh and the wide lense ultra pixel camera on the back is amazing and so is the wide lense front facing camera.
So yea I don't know why you are bashing The HTC One, it's an amazing phone and I hate to say it, but at this point, I would suggest people to buy it over the SGS4.
32. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
He is not bashing HTC One,
In fact you are the one who bashed samsung and the gs4 in your comment #3.
33. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2870; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
8. Dorothy69 posted on 3 hours ago 0 8
I hope so, this way those HTC fanboys can experience the DROID DNA all over again and incessantly bitch-bitch-bitch about it.
Really?? He didn't bash the HTC One?
47. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 294; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I think Dorothy is referring to the Verizon HTC fan boys getting the chance to experience the same setbacks that the Droid DNA had all over again.
51. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Thank you (was that soooo hard). Amazingly, this is a tech' blog (well, not really but, we do come here for late [and posted late] breaking stories [oh wait, I almost gagged on that one])??
No one's a bigger HTC fan than me but, what an utter disappointment that DNA turned out to be. And, I've played with the Sprint (shoot me) HTC ONE: "HATED IT!!!"
10. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5483; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i think we'll be hearing about the the announcement event any day now.
23. KParks23 (Posts: 422; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
There is absolutely no way this device exists and is ready to be announced there has not been one solid leak not one thats unheard of! Me and several coworkers have been waiting on this phone for months and at this point with it being 2 months old i would rather wait for the DNA2 at this point
11. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 237; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
I was expecting this to be Verizon's announcement at CTIA, but then J-Lo happened.
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5483; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
lol, yeah, i was about 85% sure myself. xD
13. adolert15 (Posts: 27; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Please be true! HTC need this.
Still I have that horrible feeling, JLo representing my community D:
14. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 157; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
I really wanted to get the HTC One, but since they're shipping now without the special sound amplifiers, I started considering the Samsung Galaxy S4. I checked out an in detail comparison, and it wasn't enough for me to decide between the two. The s4 in my opinion has better software features, while the One has the better design and probably will still have better speakers and headphone integration. If any of you can help me with my decision it would be great
17. papss (Posts: 3429; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
If I'm not mistaken they only changed the mic and not the amp
25. SmartPhoneStream (Posts: 157; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Sorry, thanks for clarifying that
26. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5282; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
They were going to use up their supply of microphones. But as to how long the supply of HDR microphones was going to last, that is anyone's guess.
44. covert (Posts: 4; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
Still not removed, they are still large reserves.
48. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 294; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I thought they said they wouldn't contract anymore of those mics, but they were still going to use the ones that they had in their supplies.
20. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4600; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
You don't need to be from U.S. to understand why it is good for HTC. It is good for HTC because then opens wider sale opportunities. In other words HTC One will be available for larger customer base.and that's mean higher profit. :)
43. covert (Posts: 4; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
Read about Verizon, realy big company, good for HTC. Anyway thank you for answer.
19. Malique001 (Posts: 58; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
So Verizon is going to carry the One and carry the sequel to the DNA later this year? Impressive ^_^
21. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
The only reason I might believe they could carry both is that they've been carrying a medium HTC and a jumbo HTC for the last couple years. Think Tbolt/Incredible 2, Rezound/Incredible 4G. Verizon is due to replace the Incredible line.
But if that's the case, shouldn't we expect the upper midrange M4? And what will HTC call that model? Two?
49. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 294; Member since: 26 May 2011)
HTC needs to get back to supplying a removable battery and a sd card slot. That's the least they can do since their products don't typically offer great battery life.
27. mrfamous1 (Posts: 26; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
This would be great....... HTC One > Samsung Galaxy S4
28. downbeat4 (Posts: 51; Member since: 03 Dec 2010)
The email is the real deal...not sure if it was a mistake or just a premature email. It was definitely real though ;-)
29. crysiswarmonger (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
I saw many rumors a while about Verizion getting this phone.... I have been keeping my Rezound for sometime now so that I can upgrade to a new phone. The S4 might be a nice phone, but I like the HTC build quality.
31. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I'm in the same boat. Bought the Rezound when it first came out, still love the screen and the overall feel, but the battery has been horrendous, and I'm miffed that it's never getting Jellybean. I played with a DNA and enjoyed the feel of it, it doesn't feel as big as it looks. But I'll hold out for a One-ified DNA if it arrives this summer. That or the next Moto flagship.
30. mydi.maus (unregistered)
verizon to only sell HTC ONE accessories..:)
35. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Why's everyone always fighting over the S4 and One? They're both great phones.
I have been waiting for a VZW One since it got announced, and i know many other people are too. If it doesn't get annouced i'll change carriers.
36. marioellobo (Posts: 44; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
nice move htc you're on the right track keep doing it kudos to you nice.
38. ckoch125 (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
I think Verizon is going to get a DNA 2 or some droid branded device. Most likely won't look like the one, since Verizon likes exclusives.
40. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Hopefully they release this and market it as the Droid DNA 2/+
41. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I think (hope?) it looks like a black One but perhaps won't be metal (arguable a big selling point for the One). HTC is unifying its look so even the lower end Desire models will have dual speakers, so why not the Butterfly S/DNA 2?
50. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 294; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I'm very skeptical of HTC products mainly because of the poor battery life I've had with both my Thunderbolt and Rezound.
53. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Both the Tbolt and Rezound had woefully undersized batteries. On top of that the combination of Scorpion cores and external LTE radios was a major drain. The battery on the Rezound was slightly bigger but the 720 screen sucked juice more. None of the first crop of LTE phones had great battery life but those two were especially weak.
Krait-based HTC phones have been a major improvement so at least the DNA has average usage times. I hope they boost it for the replacement.