HTC One camera compared with Apple iPhone 5: more samples surface
0. phoneArena 22 Feb 2013, 09:19 posted on
The HTC One is a radical departure from the megapixel wars, focusing on the important metric of pixel size instead of just blindly increasing the pixel count…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
66. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
lol I'm not even the one who started the sh*ttalking, this time, but thanks for the compliments :-)
Btw, I use this site only when I'm at work. Outside of work, I have both a girlfriend and hobbies. I'm not like you--who trolls PA all day long, posts idiotic statements, and gets off every time an Apple logo is shown. You should take a break, today, by stepping out of your basement for some fresh air.
I heart you, darkk. Always and 4ever.
68. darkkjedii (Posts: 8899; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Mmmm hmmm as I said this is the only place where u can talk trash, and not get hammered. PA tough guy, but they're all over u today. You're getting owned
83. darkkjedii (Posts: 8899; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Bro everybody gets on this site and says what they have, and what they do. It's almost to the point of, if u can't prove it don't post it... Ya know?
36. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Nokia trolls said that victor is a biased editor just because he writes the truth.
Now they are saying there is no need of 1080p screens and quad core processors
For a nokia phone running 600mhz processor and a display with 100ppi and with the size of brick will be perfect still they would say it's the best
48. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
1080p screen? I say YES. Quad-core cpu's? I say NO. A quad-core phone is just ridiculous, but technology is going to get only better.
The same thing happened with desktop/laptop computers. Hell, I went from a Pentium 4 w/ HT (virtual dual-core, for those who don't know) to a quad-core AMD, and I think "do I really need this?!" I feel the same about phones.
113. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Pentium 4 to quad core AMD? That doesn't sound like much of an upgrade.
59. faisal8708 (Posts: 104; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
still with they might run smoother than android and the so called birck is better lookin and more durable than the plastic s**t tht comes out of samsung's factories. It is not just apple which sells because of marketin samsung does the same
P.S. I own S3 and lumia 920
85. maccess (Posts: 451; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
off course wp will run smoother because they can't even do real multitasking.. while with android you can multitask like a champ.. and sorry dude my s3 with a hard case surely much durable than your 920.. and NO i bet you don't own an s3.. nokia fanboy words can't be trusted..
109. faisal8708 (Posts: 104; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
I dont need to prove anything to u just read the article below and do read wht an android fan writes about samsung built quality and wht r his wildest dreams are hahahahahaha
suck on tht
8. asingha94 (Posts: 251; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
so in the market the second competitor to lumia 920 is htc one!
11. MartyK (Posts: 665; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Victor Darn you!! you will burn..per Nokians...hahaha
Great article and picture. :)
17. bon24x7 (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
but why? was the iPhone made by Nokia..? I din know that..thnx..
38. MartyK (Posts: 665; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Insider joke (from his last article he wrote about camera phones)
12. aayupanday (Posts: 290; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
OMG..... HTC You've finally done it !!!!
13. bon24x7 (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
There you go...Nokia 920 vs HTC One
24. rsiders (Posts: 192; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Wow so I guess I may have to unlock a 920 and bring it T-Mobile if the final product version of the HTC One underperforms like it did here. Pureview is really amazing.
26. jlp34876 (Posts: 79; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
You should wait for mwc, new nokia devices are coming and at&t exclusivity will end soon.
63. rsiders (Posts: 192; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
I sure hope so. I can't take another"this is the best Windows Phone ever but only for AT&T" announcement.
33. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 595; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
It seems the 920 still has the better low light performance, but there is some bias on that comparison, example the second picture, while the Lumia has less "grain" the One's is noticeable sharper and much better focused, just look at the right side of the pic.
44. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Agreed! Was HTC One actually focused for that shot... It really shouldn't be as bad as it look if the second image was sharp like that already.
41. MartyK (Posts: 665; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Neowin.net was launched in October 2000 by Steven Parker & Marcel Klum, and is a technology news website that actively focuses on Microsoft, Apple, and sometimes Linux.
Neowin runs under the slogan "Where unprofessional journalism looks better."
Come on Bon24x7...hahaha
61. bon24x7 (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
sorry bro...i found that link and posted cos most of em were asking..dunno anything bout the site...
47. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Bring reviews from famous and trusted sites like phonearena, gsmarena, cnet, engadget, technobuffalo, android authority. .....
Sometimes neowin may the website of some nokia trolls.
We would accept only reviews from trusted sources. Bring it then we would accept your view
78. freebee269 (Posts: 486; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
i agree with the others, but phonearena is not trusted. their own camera comparisons dont agree with each other. they're in the same boat as the verge. both sites have an agenda.
92. bon24x7 (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
how can you call any of them trusted when all of them have different winners on different comparison tests...whom would you believe? it depends upon which side you're on...the site i mentioned merely had pictures and you have your choice of deciding which one's better...or do you need someone else's advise and review always to choose whats best for you?
96. ngo2dd (Posts: 754; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
The last picture is not where realistic at all for the Nokia. You can see how much yellow there is.
18. rsiders (Posts: 192; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Yes I knew you guys would dig up the dirt on the camera samples of the HTC One. Please stay on this story as this will most definitely be my next phone IF Nokia announces another AT&T exclusive at MWC next week.(T-Mobile user here) As much as I love Windows Phone this may be the phone to get me to switch over to Android if the camera really does shine. I just need to see a battle between the One and the Lumia 920 before I make that decision.
22. babyk (Posts: 192; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Finally apple is out camera wise we can safely say that htc will dominate camera this year unless someone uses the same technology and improves on it
25. windroid (unregistered)
Seeing the pictures, HTC seems noisier, and iPhone captures more detail. Take a look at the women hair, the iPhone has much more detail.
27. _Bone_ (Posts: 1997; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
The chick shot of the One is probably done in HDR while the iPhone 5's is in normal mode, so it's not exactly a fair comparison. Looking at the details, the iPhone manages to capture more with slightly better color balance, but neither is spot-on. The thing you need to look at is the texture of the woman's cloth: it's a jagged on the One but quite sharp on the iPhone 5.
The macro of the One is very impressive, I like the narrow DOF, details are fine too. Both kindergarten shots are pretty good too, the One uses a bit higher exposure, otherwise dynamic range looks similar. The One is slightly better in low light per color balance, while the iPhone 5 captures slightly more detail. Both are impressive.
So far it looks like the One handles photography well, but I advice HTC to cut down noise reduction and use less jpeg compression for better details. Otherwise it looks good.
45. shikroi (Posts: 182; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Hey Victor H. just so you know, their is lumia 920 vs htc one comparison out on neowin as neowin.net/news/cameras-htc-one-vs-nokia-lumia-920?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
51. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
The link was already posted up above you. I would prefer seeing GSMArena's camera comparisons.
114. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Apparently you're just blindly reading someone who probably is biased to write a good article. Take a good look at the pictures taken. HTC One's picture of the stage is much clearer than the 920. Don't comment just to make yourself feel good, despite how you feel, you still look like a fool. If you've seen GSMArena's comparisons then you'll know, they have the most unbiased reviews out of all sites, the most professional in my opinion.
49. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I like the image of the girl from HTC... The brightness exposure is more pleasant to the eyes. However, if you look closer zooming, iPhone 5's image is more defined. This is tough, I mean, I don't often zoom in to find other people's pimples on a picture...
64. Taters (Posts: 2097; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Looks about the same, so I guess ultra pixels are not very ultra.
74. b1acktiger (Posts: 185; Member since: 19 May 2012)
iPhone 5 : I just got smoked by an Android Phone !
77. amiroo (Posts: 243; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
im very happy when htc do finally..best camera since now but after 808..
tnx alot HTC.
79. OhSo3D (Posts: 39; Member since: 22 Feb 2011)
This is a bit off topic, but does anyone know if the HTC One supports wireless charging?
81. _Bone_ (Posts: 1997; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Unlikely. It has a metal chassis which would make the whole phone a conductor.
86. Siaw_Yong (Posts: 12; Member since: 09 Dec 2012)
That HTC One camera is awesome and that's just 4.3 MP.
88. MC1123 (Posts: 1219; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
lol, what to expect, its victor H's article! compare it to lumia920 so that you could shut up your F U C K I N G MOUTH!!!!
90. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Yes, please Vic compare it to the 920 so this clown can shut up...
89. cretinick (Posts: 146; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
I realy like the results. The pictures are smaller, but I will not make a huge print of my phone's pictures.
The exposure and colors are well balanced and the grainy in low (yet not so low) light are acceptable.
It's not a revolutionary camera, but it is a very good camera! While the mobile phone industry uses 1/3 Inch sensors, I don't think any manufacturer will have much more quality than that... Better in one side, but worst in otherside.
All in all, I think this HTC One is a really great phone! But I still want to see the battery life...
91. Edmund (Posts: 633; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Neither is all that impressive. HTC deserve all the crap they're getting from us Nokia fanboys.
98. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
THERE U GO... HTC CLEARLY WINSS. a win win situation.it shows how ultrapixel affects the camera performance. now apple fanboys u should keep ur mouth shut.if not SEE THE PICTURES AGAIN!!!!!! . HTC BEST OF LUCKY. UR THE BEST
105. pitak (Posts: 23; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
photo nokia 920 vs htc one vs nokia 808
115. dan_md (Posts: 66; Member since: 19 Oct 2010)
Most of the shots taken are near shots and macros with results that seem to be COMPARABLE. This is a minor accomplishment for HTC for indeed proving that one need not more pixels to get acceptable photos. The caveat? 4MP will suffer when taking distant shots, less pixels means less resolving detail that would result to grainy photos when cropped. IMHO, HTC should have gone for an 8MP module with a larger sensor (the same principle applied in DSLRs hence the better looking photos).