HTC One camera compared with Apple iPhone 5: more samples surface
0. phoneArena posted on 22 Feb 2013, 09:19
The HTC One is a radical departure from the megapixel wars, focusing on the important metric of pixel size instead of just blindly increasing the pixel count…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
93. metoyou posted on 22 Feb 2013, 18:53 17 2
I beg you to go see eyes doctor IMMEDIATELY and also drop by to see Psychiatrist PLEASE!
99. kabhijeet.16 posted on 23 Feb 2013, 00:24 10 0
Read the article before commenting.. Dont juz go blabbering anything,, the first picture itself declares HTC One as winner
54. gmracer1 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 11:31 9 4
That is the best, and smartest, thing you have ever said :-P
20. Nathan_ingx posted on 22 Feb 2013, 09:54 19 19
Of course it has to! Wouldn't make sense if, with all the 'Ultrapixel' and 'OIS' features, iPhone 5 still beats it. Point to note though...except for the low light shot, iPhone 5's result is still very well comparable.
55. robcar posted on 22 Feb 2013, 11:38 18 5
You can not talk yourself out of this. HTC One is takes significantly better pictures than your iPhone.
84. Nathan_ingx posted on 22 Feb 2013, 15:43 6 6
Muahahaha...you're new aren't you?
87. BillyG posted on 22 Feb 2013, 17:22 0 5
yup, just wait for iP5s or 6 ... apple will come with new stuffs for their camera.
100. kabhijeet.16 posted on 23 Feb 2013, 00:27 5 1
Of course.. Apple will copy HTC One's ultrapixel technology... Like they copied Notification Bar from Android.. And copied Widgets from Android & Weather widet from HTC Sense.....
107. BillyG posted on 23 Feb 2013, 09:32 0 1
oh please, apple don't need that ultrapixel tech. they'll come with something better like they always do. unlike htc that take iphone 5 back cover, slap a screen on it, and call it the 'one' . and about widget, its already exist on mac osx long before android even there...
108. robcar posted on 25 Feb 2013, 09:58 1 0
iOS is sooo 2007.
Well, IP5 have a regular Sony sensor, nothing to be excited for.
Nobody cares about os x, Windows are on a completely different level, and Android will take on the X86 market.
110. BillyG posted on 25 Feb 2013, 11:29 1 1
are you stupid or what? i only use that mac osx as a reference that apple already has widget long before android even exist.
111. Jonius posted on 25 Feb 2013, 12:26 1 0
Unfortunately, Linux had widgets long before Mac has them! And starting to comparing PC OS features to Mobile OS features means you already lost it!
112. BillyG posted on 25 Feb 2013, 13:01 1 1
oh please, linux has 'widget' after apple put it on their dashboard. don't kid yourself. and i'm not comparing PC OS and mobile OS. i just had enough people spreading BS and saying iOS copy android widget. as if apple don't/never have any widgets on their sleeve.
52. alila2 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 11:08 16 2
HTC winning me little by little still waiting for what the S4 going to bring to the table, hard decision ZL x ONE x S4.
53. phoenixpr posted on 22 Feb 2013, 11:13 1 25
LMAO! So HTC One beautiful design, but not only fail in making it with removable battery and Micro SD slot. HTC One 4 Ultra Pixel truly eats dirt. I can not wait for HTC announcement on they're 2nd and 3rd earnings. I'm positive it will be a BIG FAT FAIL once again. I am so glad, this will be a swift kick in the nut to HTC. Teach them a lesson to give the Android community what they want. If we wanted a phone with non removable battery and Micro SD card. I would of bought an iCrap (iPhone). LMAO!!!!
80. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 22 Feb 2013, 14:41 4 0
The HTC One gives you the option of 32GBs or 64GBs in storage. I don't know what the US carriers will offer but that's a lot better than just 16GBs like on their older devices.
95. ahhxd717 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 20:19 6 0
Wtf... OK. So what if someone wants an android phone with a good amount of internal storage but no SD? Shouldn't that be an option? I actually prefer no Sd but enough internal storage since SD memory can definitely slow down a phone. I've had some bad experiences. Don't assume the whole Android community wants one thing. Oh, and apparently you just want less choice of you want HTC to go out of business.
60. tusshharish posted on 22 Feb 2013, 12:19 4 11
dont say htc win say apple s*ckssssssss.........
3. fouadqr posted on 22 Feb 2013, 09:24 37 4
we want Lumia 920 vs HTC One ~ !
btw htc one is the winner here
56. RiseAgainst94 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 11:55 1 2
There already is one on another site (the name escapes me) you can search for it. It only includes 3 pics which range from overcast to complete darkness. The Lumia 920 dominated in all three photos with clearer details and much less noise. There is, however, a disclaimer about the One possibly using unfinished processing software, etc, but from those pics the Nokia was the clear victor.
Edit*** here is the link:http://www.neowin.net/news/cameras-htc-one-vs-nokia-lumia-920
75. freebee269 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 14:22 6 0
that article can no longer be found. coincidence? i wonder.
104. louiemapa posted on 23 Feb 2013, 01:15 0 0
its there, i just checked it, maybe google it
4. rishabh_2795 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 09:25 14 16
Finally an Android smartphone beating iPhone in the camera quality!! Been waiting for it for so long!!
31. ebubekir26 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 10:26 18 7
it's not the first time an Android phone beats an Iphone in camera performance
37. bucky posted on 22 Feb 2013, 10:41 6 13
You reeeeeeeeeeally have to be a fanboy to say that.
5. asingha94 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 09:28 17 1
a nokia fanboy is saying in that case htc wins!
6. gmracer1 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 09:28 16 3
Nice comparisons. The One's picture details were superb in some of the shots. Notice shots #10 and #11: the outlining grass on the island is blurry in the iPhone's capture, and the One's capture is very sharp.
7. kaliil10 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 09:29 1 3
lets check HTC one vs Nokia lumia 920 in every aspect
9. gmracer1 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 09:32 24 7
As in: screen resolution, ppi, processor, ram, build quality? The One smokes the 920--not to mention it's Android vs Windows ;-)
15. bon24x7 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 09:47 11 11
and what are you going to do with all the ppi, processor and ram..? eat some of it when you get hungry..? the only pointless 'point' fanboys like you come up with to bash other OS even though it doesn't make any sense at all...try to respect all and accept facts..
16. asingha94 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 09:49 8 8
actually he doesnot know about os's...he only knows about ram,processor,camera..
21. gmracer1 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 09:58 11 16
lmao @ you both. Two Windows phone losers. Just clueless nooblets trying to make it in the smartphone world.
After reading both of your comments, my IQ severely dropped. Ignorant people, like you both, make me appreciate the gift of common sense.
Do us all the favors of closing your PA accounts, and go back to playing with headless Barbie's. K, thnx.
28. bon24x7 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 10:13 7 9
Windows phone loser eh..? me..? I own wp and android phones loser...i have an ipod touch 5 as well...the only difference is i dont buy a new device every 3-4 mnths...i use mine atleast an year before upgrading...and just cos you can afford only a cheap android phone doesn't mean you've to come to sites like this and bash others...
30. gmracer1 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 10:22 7 4
You're the one who is bashing. All I did was politely reply to a fellow PA user's comment, and you and your boyfriend attacked me.
You have serious issues.
And why are you going on a rant about which devices you have, and how often you upgrade? What's the relevance? You're extremely defensive...........and weird.
Btw, I've had my current phone for 1yr. It's as Moto Razr Maxx and it is far from cheap (retails for $700-$800). My next phone will be the Moto X Phone.
Now I'm done talking to you. I do not have to explain myself to such a retard.
35. SamsungFan posted on 22 Feb 2013, 10:34 6 8
I also have an omnia w running wp 7.8 and s3 running jb
I will say that wp is no where near android. Wp suckzzz
69. asingha94 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 13:08 2 4
hey buddy!Firstly everyobe is here to express their opinions.Everyone has right to say.So who are you to say who should close accounts.The second thing is
71. asingha94 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 13:25 1 4
hey buddy!Firstly everyone is here to express their opinions.Everyone has right to say.So who are you to say who should close account.The second thing is you dont need to know what i know.You are just a silly fanboy who cant accept good things from others.There are so many things what makes a smartphone except ppi,ram or processor.You better know those things first,then bash with me.then i will talk..
23. gmracer1 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 10:03 8 6
You're pretty butthurt :-(
1.) kaliil10 wanted to COMPARE both phone's specs, so I did that (minus the camera comparison).
2.) I never "bashed" anything.
3.) I'm not a fanboy...I'm a Fandroid.
4.) You need to learn how respect works: If you want me to 'respect' all and accept facts, then you need to do the same with my statement.
I really don't know how people, like you, make it in life.
29. bon24x7 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 10:16 1 9
1) the topic was camera comparison i thought you knew how to read...
2) "The One smokes the 920--not to mention it's Android vs Windows ;-)" i dunno what you meant by that..
3) I thought you were human...now I know...thnx
4) I do respect your statement, its just that its pointless...
32. gmracer1 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 10:27 3 4
kaliil10 said EVERY aspect--he didn't say 'every camera aspect.'
It looks like you're the one who needs to learn how to read. You also need to fix your grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
And yes, the One smokes the 920. Android > Windows, and the One's overall specs rip apart the 920's.
Go do your homework on hardware/software, and look at global statistics for Androids vs WP vs iOS. Then, you will bow down to us Fandroids.
40. faisal8708 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 10:47 2 6
Dude u need to get ur head out of ur Bum and hav it examined by a doctor.
Is it just me or android fanboys hav started to sound like isheeps
43. gmracer1 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 10:53 6 4
There is a vast difference between fandroids and isheep: Fandroids aren't brainwashed into thinking our product is the best.
67. darkkjedii posted on 22 Feb 2013, 12:46 0 4
Dang dude, they're all over u today. Maybe u should log off for a while. You're getting dusted man.
70. gmracer1 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 13:13 3 2
lol everyone is entitled to an opinion; however, theirs don't matter.
I will always stand my ground and I have enough sense to know right/wrong, good/bad, and blah blah. They can insult and bash me, and my opinions, all they want.
73. darkkjedii posted on 22 Feb 2013, 13:33 2 3
But that's what u do to people who stand their ground. Generally u do it to people simply because they like iOS, or wp8. Wassup with that?
76. gmracer1 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 14:24 2 2
nah...I get like that when people try to say that the iOS is better than Android, but moreso when the iOS lovers try argue about how the iOS is superior--because they don't ever have a leg to stand on.
82. darkkjedii posted on 22 Feb 2013, 15:01 2 2
Dude I never attack android but u diss me at every turn. C'mon man it's gotta b more to it than that.
97. ngo2dd posted on 22 Feb 2013, 22:02 0 0
I saw those pictures. The first one the Nokia is sharper but the one you can see more equipment on stage then the Nokia. The second one Nokia is more burried then the one. Then last picture Nokia has very bad color balanced.
34. amansingal14 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 10:29 3 6
Oh so @gmracer,
what are i5's specs,
Dual core A9 @ 1.2Ghz
1 GB ram, etc...
typical specs of an android midranger
What matters is not Processor, Ram etc, but the hunger of an OS, and WP is not as power hungry as Android...
42. gmracer1 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 10:50 3 2
Why do people insist on twisting other's words and meaning? Did I once say that only the cpu and RAM matter? No.
This was supposed to be a comparison of specs.........and that's all. FML
58. darkkjedii posted on 22 Feb 2013, 12:02 2 3
39. SamsungFan posted on 22 Feb 2013, 10:43 5 6
Just for your information
Camera isn't the most important factor of a phone but hardware configuration and software is .
57. darkkjedii posted on 22 Feb 2013, 12:01 3 4
That childish kid only knows how to start trouble. He's a PA bully, this is the only place he can be tough, now he wants to beef with the wp8 users. Get real...get a girl for crying out lout.
62. SamsungFan posted on 22 Feb 2013, 12:24 4 2
You may f***k with your lumia
65. darkkjedii posted on 22 Feb 2013, 12:42 2 4
Dude u gotta explain that comment to me. I don't have a Lumia, and what is f***k?