HTC One X+ is official with 1.7GHz Tegra 3 chip, bigger battery, Jelly Bean flavored
0. phoneArena 02 Oct 2012, 03:41 posted on
And just like that, all rumors and speculation have been put to rest as the HTC One X+ was made officially official. Just as we expected, we are being introduced to an upgraded HTC One X with a faster processor and a longer-lasting battery, all the while offering more storage space for apps and media...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4131; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Bigger battery, Jelly Bean on board, and updated processor that scores over 7,000 on Quadrant and over 14,000 on Antutu (with the unfinished model). Love it. I wish Sense was closer to stock, but I guess that's for another day.
Favorite feature; red buttons. RED BUTTONS.
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Wow you do love brats audio :)
5. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4131; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I never mentioned it... I just like the buttons. Because... Buttons.
29. IHateApple (banned) (Posts: 122; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
I am still thinking what the One X+ LTE version will feature. My best guess is that they are using the MSM8960T (Dual Core Krait with Adreno 320) which should make it a good bit faster.
The Quad Core Krait with Adreno 320 should be much more than 67% faster than the LTE One X so I guess that isn't being used.
32. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4131; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I thought that they were still going to use the Tegra 3 processor in the LTE version, because this is a new variant of Tegra 3 that supports LTE? Because there were reports of the One X+ having AT&T LTE bands but still sporting the Tegra. And taking a look at the benchmarks, this new OC'd Tegra 3 matches the 67% increase in speed over the S4. I haven't done the math completely, but it just looks like it.
45. IHateApple (banned) (Posts: 122; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Just read Anandtech. They are still using Tegra 3.
Old International One X has 1.5 GHz Quad Core A9 + 416 MHz Geforce ULP
New LTE One X+ has 1.7 GHz Quad Core A9 + 520 MHz Geforce ULP + Qualcomm 28 nm LTE Modem
47. IHateApple (banned) (Posts: 122; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
39. remixfa (Posts: 14226; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
No, the quad core krait would make it 50-60% faster. The dual core version would be probably 30-40% faster at same clocks from the GPU bump. It also all depends on the tests used. If its a GPU test, either version of the krait pro will be very similar. If its a CPU test, only the krait pro quad would show improvement. if its an over all test, obviously they both would. Gonna have to wait n find out
46. IHateApple (banned) (Posts: 122; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Nope. Considering everything. Quad Core Krait will make it about 90% faster (assuming applications utilize all 4 cores which is unlikely to happen anytime soon).
But it doesn't matter since it is using Tegra 3.
So, the LG Optimus G get's to retain the title of the fastest phone as of now.
52. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Really good BUT!........could have been a whole lot better with a 2300-2500 mAH battery, 2 gb ram AND quadcore S4 pro clocked at 1.5 ghz........I dont see how they just keep on failing to complete these devices...........its kinda disturbing but nonetheless a really good choice............I still think the Evo 4g lte with jelly bean and the latest version of sense will do just as good on bench marks tho
30. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
im still waiting to see if it still has that little black line in some apps cuz that was i deal breaker for me
31. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4131; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
You mean the menu button bar? I thought they fixed that in Sense 4.1. I could be wrong, but I'm sure that was one of the improvements.
38. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
In sense 4.1 you can change the button at the right of the home button to be multitask button or menu button . But i will keep it as multitask button because i like it that way :)
37. remixfa (Posts: 14226; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
they were supposed to be fixing that. Not sure if it happened or not though.
42. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Silly, just pretend it's an iPhone and things are supposed to be that way.
43. Tomfromsouth (Posts: 61; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
It was fixed. It your choice to have it or not. I'm glad cos I kept bumping the large bar in some games. Big up to HTC.
44. -box- (Posts: 3915; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Anyone else think that the new naming scheme is more confusing than the old?
18. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
1gb ram is more than enough!
More than 1gb RAM is just gimmicky...
51. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
True why not 2gb Ram. How pathetic of them.
26. wendygarett (unregistered)
I have a question, what's advantage and disadvantage of having 2gb of ram...
34. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 258; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Android itself uses around 200 mb + manufacturer skin and multitasking is anyway controlled automatically in the latest versions: when you require memory to launch an app and it's full, the system kills the oldest apps.
2 gb may be useful for the gs3 to handle the pop up video feature, same for the note 2. For the rest sounds like gimmick.
54. Sniggly (Posts: 7199; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
2 GB is useful in the SIII because Touchwiz is heavier than a Transformer carrying an opera tenor. My Note routinely uses up 500 mb of RAM just in background processes. The available RAM listed is about 760 megs which leaves only 260 for main programs. It's okay for one program but multitasking slows the phone down.
6. kitpogi (Posts: 7; Member since: 17 Jun 2012)
RAM still comes in 1 GB...i just hope with the boost up speed will compromise the screen refresh coming from multi-tasking event. I hate the screen refresh at times when it happens.
8. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2015; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Hmmmm.. not bad at all,,, this could be my first htc phone, ,,, :-)
9. rahulcena5565 (Posts: 57; Member since: 01 Nov 2010)
Only if it had 2GB of RAM and an improved version of Sense, with the features of TouchWiz and the Beauty of SenseUI.
10. nastynaps (Posts: 93; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Seems more companies are following the Apple platform these days, incremental upgrades = tons of cash.
15. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
If they made the RAM 2GB then it would've been a different story.
23. jan25 (Posts: 427; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
i agree.i am kind of thinking now, why didn't HTC put a bigger battery and overclock the tegra to 1.7 GHz from the beginning? this unacceptable and they should feel bad.
40. remixfa (Posts: 14226; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
tons of cash?
The OneX was a sales flop. Sounds more like they are trying to stay competitive with the SGS3 and the upcoming LG device.
The bump in specs and memory is really nice. However, That battery should be at least 2500mah to make up for the overclock and give it extra juice to boot. HTC still hasnt learned their lesson when it comes to battery life.
48. jan25 (Posts: 427; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
if HTC managed to address both battery life and the heavy Sense UI, i might go ahead and buy it if the Nexus devices didn't live up to my expectations.
11. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
not impressed....competition is tough, i dont think that theyll do good with this...i was hoping their 5inch Phablet
12. wendygarett (unregistered)
Don't hope, it will also 1gb ram as well...
25. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
point wats the diff between one x nd this....we wanted new features like in s3 or in note 2
14. speckledapple (Posts: 879; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Their 5incher might do better than the LG Vu but to be honest, I question their build quality and resolve in updating their devices. Plus, they update their phones too much instead of updating their previous devices.
16. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4131; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
HTC has always had amazing build quality. How have they not updated their previous devices? They've already updated all of their major devices from last year to ICS; the Sensation, Amaze, Vivid, Rezound, EVO 3D, and EVO Design. And they promised Jelly Bean to the One X and S this month. I say they're doing fairly well.
13. psysect (Posts: 49; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
Welcoooooome to new king of Anroid phone.. Its very very very beautiful & excellent..great battery..extra display..powrfull Beats & so many great things. htc plz come it out sooon i cant wait 4 it.. Just sense 4.5 is more enough this...
17. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
I'm getting this! Bravo HTC. 2GB of ram would have between nice but, some people are acting like 1GB is not sufficient. I have a One X now and I experience NO LAG AT ALL.
20. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Yes you are right..
One gb of ram is sufficient..!
21. Hamburglar (Posts: 9; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
I agree, 2 GB of RAM would have made this a whole lot better. It simply makes no sense to equip a phone with a quad-core proc and then limit it with 1 GB or RAM.
22. rizevnarastek (Posts: 336; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
If it will cost as much as One X cost's now it's all mine... :D muahahaha
24. Xperia42 (Posts: 60; Member since: 30 May 2012)
I hope they make a white version of the one X+. It will look so nice
28. JonBjSig (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
I don't mind that they keep the capacitive buttons but at least have a menu button too, the worst thing about the new HTC phones is that whenever there's an option to use a menu button it pops up a software button, shrinking the available screen space.
They should at least have one beside the standard buttons that only lights up when available.
57. rizevnarastek (Posts: 336; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
The menu button can appear as three dots above the capacitive keys or it can be re-mapped to multitask key (as long press or swap and longpress for multitask) since updated Sense 4.1 ;) So that's no problem. HTC fixed almost all the problems with further updates. For instance you can remove the arrow keys that are bellow the Sense keyboard aswell. The One X is still the king of the hill and it keeps getting better with every update :)
36. remixfa (Posts: 14226; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
than the american S4 version.. which is not a surprise. The S4 version uses the crap Krait + adreno 225 combo.
53. ahhxd717 (Posts: 323; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
Yeah, cause Krait is super crappy and slow.
56. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4131; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yes Remix, because the S4 that beats out every quad core out aside from this new Tegra 3 and the Exynos is so painfully laggy and slow. Even the S3 in my GS2 runs perfectly with Touchwiz and ICS (except from web browsing). The S4 is a good alternative to this years quad cores, whether you want to believe it or not.
It is very fast and can take pretty much anything you throw at it, and it will take anything you throw at it for at least 2 years, the same can be said about the Exynos and Tegra. They all perform equally with every day use, unless you decide to put a heavy skin on top of it (Sense).
You should really stop with this "Crapdragon" shtick.
41. jdot104 (Posts: 60; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
The red accents kill the premium feel for me. Dammit, HTC, you just got the specs right.
50. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Premium feel is usually used to refers to how the phone feels to the touch but, I can see what you mean. It is a little tacky but, it doesn't bother me to much at all. Then again, I actually like it because it will further differentiate my One X from my One X+.
49. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Well, this surely sounds great.
I just hope the battery life is improved.
The glitchy sense should be sorted out too.
As for the speed, JB will most certainly fly on this beast.
I'm picking up my SGS3 tomorrow, but I already see the possible trade in for this HTC once it becomes available and settles down in price.
58. rizevnarastek (Posts: 336; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Battery has a bigger capacity (7.77Wh compared to 6.66Wh in One X)
The storage went up as well to 64GB (who needs a slow SD card when you have that)
One X was better before GS3 came out and is better still.
55. tiara6918 (Posts: 1701; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I hope that the one x+ will also have a white version just like with the original one x this phone looks hot especially with those new red buttons...
59. rizevnarastek (Posts: 336; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Put a white case on it and the problem is fixed :D
60. busa03 (Posts: 11; Member since: 12 Jan 2012)
my S3 is sexy but that X+ in black looks amazing.