HTC One X bursts into flames while charging, owner unhurt
0. phoneArena 16 Aug 2013, 01:43 posted on
What you're about to see are the remains of an HTC One X – a smartphone was smoking hot... quite literally. It belonged to a guy in Taiwan who had the misfortune of his handset catching fire spontaneously while charging. The reasons that caused the accident are not yet known...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
Damn man, just... damn! I'm glad that no one got hurt!
37. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
there is a reason warranty is for a year and no more.
46. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
i am thinking the first case might of been legit (might) but all these other cases are people messing with their phones to sue major companies. Just my thought but I simply don't by the first case after all these years and then a whole bunch right after...
2. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
so its not only about samsung and apple
htc is also in the List
4. tech2 (Posts: 2738; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Samsung's was due to owner's fault of putting a cheap chinese battery so it wasn't really Samung's fault. While in Apple's (and most likely HTC's) case its the charger !
5. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
In Apple's case it was an uncertified Chinese third party charger.
8. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
agree to both
25. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5230; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Samsung first exactly have the best record when it comes to quality I'm afraid.
43. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Replace the word "first" with "doesn't".
Then it reads: Samsung *doesn't* exactly have the best record when it comes to quality I'm afraid.
32. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 377; Member since: 07 May 2012)
waiting for nokia,oh wait that's never going to happen. lol
3. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
HTC has passed the test into becoming a major player! Nice!
20. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
i hope you explode. Fu--ing ba--ard. who in the hell does like their mobile to explode? a$$h0le
Sorry about the language PA..
29. ShenAlJoker (Posts: 112; Member since: 19 Jul 2013)
DON'T SCREAM BITCH!!!! Or your @$$ will blow up!
31. Azure01 (Posts: 127; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
No one likes it but it wasn't that serious. He/she is just sarcastically observing that all of the major cell phone makers have exploding handsets recently.
39. 007james (Posts: 15; Member since: 03 Aug 2013)
Well that joke flew way over your head. Way, way, way, way, way over your head.
6. darkskoliro (Posts: 1032; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Well...he's not getting that One back xD
7. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1414; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
damn ...i keep my one x on my bed at night , better keep it in my farady fireproof closet then
9. tiara6918 (Posts: 1835; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I guess the explosion was caused by overheating. Good thing no one got hurt, but it does seem rather suspicious about all these phone explosions lately
10. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1373; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
WHATS up with these phones blowing up these days.and all happend in the asia side people should first check their charger before charging..different kinds of charging device in asia...
11. haseebzahid (Posts: 1842; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
cant say he is using cheap battries since htc on e just came out this year
27. SonyPS4 (Posts: 273; Member since: 21 May 2013)
But battery is non removable so 3rd party battery is out of question. Maybe charger.
33. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
Very well combined Sherlock! :)
12. AbhiD (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
people say all these explosions lately are making things look suspicious!!!
but that isn't the case actually... I have rarely(actually never) heard about any SONY or Nokia phone exploding like that.
Sony or nokia consumers too use external third party chargers but we never hear such a case with them.
It's all about QUALITY! construction wise no one can beat SONY and NOKIA
15. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Dont wish for a nokia phone to explode. It would be the extinction of human kind if it did. XD
19. JC557 (Posts: 1216; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Please, the 3310 will never explode, if anything it'll make for the perfect bombshelter material.
16. Bozzor (Posts: 154; Member since: 02 May 2012)
3 years ago, I had a generic 2200 mAh battery case for an iPhone 3GS: for 7 months it was fine, but then, about 4:00am in the morning I awoke to the smell of burning. But try as I might, I could not find the source - no fire, no smoke, I searched and searched - ziltch. The smell went away and I guessed it may have come from somewhere else, so went back to sleep. I get up just after 6:00am, get ready for work, go to pick up my phone that was charging with the battery case plugged into my steel tower PC...and the damn cheap battery is burnt through on the back, totally useless. Quickly unplug, still hot. The back of the phone is slightly cracked and warped but still otherwise fine.
Since then, I only buy top quality brand name stuff for batteries and I only keep it for maximum of 6 months before chucking it.
22. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1557; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I'm scared. I bought a non-sony battery for sony and use it all the time. what will happen?
23. davenycept (Posts: 192; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
That is disturbing...can someone please tell me about the zero lemon 9300 batts... I'm a heavy power user that constantly uses my n2 all day for work. I take care of my phones well and considering that new battery... I've been really wanting to know if I should get it..someone please let me know..Thanks
24. vaibhavaggarwal (Posts: 44; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
i heard that 2013 was the year smartphones were going to take over, but i didn't realize it was this literal.......... :P
26. Sondae (Posts: 205; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
I read some review that HTC one X heat up fast but probably this is the worse case that will happen. Im glad that no one is hurt.
38. Taters (Posts: 3690; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Wait a second? It took this One X that long? Impressive. The first two one x devices I had came with so many issues that I wanted it to burst into flames. Just the fact that it took this long for the patented deal breaker that all htc handsets come with to rear it's head is actually impressive.
40. xq10xa (Posts: 188; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
This is bullcrap. I am seeing this more and more. I use third party chargers on all my phones. I keep the original in box unused so I can sell them. Just buy one from a reputable seller or a good brand. The components are the same dude...just open it up. I have used the HTC One original charger and that thing is light weight and cheap.
42. Baseballer (Posts: 132; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Why is it everything happens in China and/or near China?
45. ayub407 (Posts: 7; Member since: 16 May 2013)
And I own the One X+. Should I worry about it or something ??
47. B3BLW29 (Posts: 238; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Next thing you know Damn Jihadis would be strapping this around waist....
48. bayusuputra (Posts: 949; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Haha, they will use either the iPhone, Samsung or this, depending on how big they want the explosion to be, with Samsung as the most bad*ss (that thing can blow a house down)
They will also use Nokia 3310 as their bullet proof vest.