HTC One X Review: Q&A
0. phoneArena 02 Apr 2012, 03:13 posted on
Here's your chance to ask a question (and get an answer) about the new hit on the market - the HTC One X! And even though we did our best to cover as much stuff as possible with our review, we're sure that there's a little something that's been left out... sooo, if that little something is what's actually interesting to you, please - go ahead and tell us what it is...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bloodline (Posts: 706; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Why do phones arena write bad reviews?
6. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
always bad reviews in a non apple products hahaha!
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 21368; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's subjective to the reader dude. Please be intelligent.
2. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2275; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
So is this a single core or quadcore phone? I think i read somewhere, it was a single 1.4 core?
14. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
its a 1.5ghz A15 krait snapdragon s4. ever so slightly stronger than the asus transformer primes 1.3ghz quad core tegra 3
17. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
well this version is a 1.5ghz tegra 3. sorry had the att version on my mind
3. coolguyx10 (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
What about the options button. Was the options button really replaced with a multitasking button. If so , how will this effect the phones compatibility to apps.
5. Milosone (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
I have a One X on pre order, the only thing that I'm not sure about is getting music off of it and onto a dock a la iphone, can you reccomend anyway of doing so? I assume it would have to be wirelessly so am wondering if an airplay equiped B&W Zeppelin would be compatible.
7. ogiveyakuza (Posts: 21; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
right now, I'm using Samsung Galaxy Note, is it good for me if I want to use HTC One X? Can you guys make a comparison for both of it.
Take note, I'm not living in USA
8. rg987 (Posts: 130; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
is this phone futureproof , may be for 6-8 months?
9. kindkin (Posts: 9; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Q6 what is the type of earphone it comes with? beats or HTC one?
15. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
HTC headphones unless you get the special editio from taiwan
10. dblue45 (Posts: 77; Member since: 26 Aug 2009)
Q7. What do you guys have to say about the image chip, and how much does shooting videos at 23fps matter exactly?
11. KarolR (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
first of all, thank you for all those great articles and reviews that make our geeky hearts beat a little more geeky every day :-)
I have a question regarding the HTC One X and HTC One S, I guess it applies to both models:
since there is a missing dedicated hardware camera button (Why HTC? Why?...), can the user at least remap the volume rocker keys or the lock key to be a camera shutter button when the camera application is open?
12. gayasarafe (Posts: 25; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
android ice cream sandwich still lags in some areas on my galaxy nexus s. Does the 4 cores (5, technically) prevent the htc one x from lagging?
13. Irad123 (Posts: 32; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
is the 32GB enough for playing many gameloft games + 4GB of media? I won't be using cloud storage...
If I want a quad core phone, top notch, should I buy the One X, or wait for another?
It would be best if it's tegra 3...
18. Sebring5 (Posts: 3; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
I read your review but really cannot understand why you did not like the phone. Can you explain further?
19. SBrown (Posts: 9; Member since: 02 Jul 2010)
Will there be an HTC One X variant coming to Verizon?
20. Retro-touch (Posts: 273; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Why does the engadget HTC One X review say it records at a fluid 30FPS and on the phonearena review it records at 23FPS, did you have a faulty unit?
The One S according to the benchmarks is faster when you get a One S can you do a full comparison against its more expensive sibling, it also seems the battery life is better on the One S
21. JDCohen722 (Posts: 39; Member since: 18 May 2011)
Q7. What's battery life like? Specifically in moderate to heavy use, and what settings you had it on to achieve that battery life, e.g. Brightness up halfway, WiFi off...
Q8. Where their any signs of lag with the Tegra 3 Processor? Like I honestly mean ANY, is it as buttery smooth as the iPhone 4S?
23. biophone (Posts: 1956; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
How come you made software related aspects of the phone a con when they can be changed?
24. Tomfromsouth (Posts: 76; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
Ray s, or whoever knows. Will the One X have a notification light. It is one of my top requirements and reviews often forgo/forget to mention it.
28. HyperM3 (Posts: 10; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
I used to feel the same way and got used to having one on all my phones. Then I found "No LED" app and I dont care anymore, works better than a notification light. Check it out. *not affiliated with the creation or maker of the app, just a happy user.
25. osamalone (Posts: 12; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
why did u give a bad review of the net browser as u only get the below tab when u stop moving the browser
26. tandrews (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
Is the size of the One X prohibitive for those with small to normal sized hands? Is it awkward to use?
30. abdullaaryan (Posts: 8; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
i read the review and i really dont know why u dont like this phone and why u gave it only 7
31. Akraw (Posts: 14; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
As we are not getting the beats headset i wanted to know that How is the sound quality of htc's standard earphone? ? ? is it better than that of beats headset ??
33. itiswhatitis (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
No,its not better than monster beats headset...not even close!!
38. Akraw (Posts: 14; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
oh its very bad...
have you heard it by yourself??
if u are right than whats the use of beats audio configuration without its beats headset. . . !!
39. itiswhatitis (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
Well it's tad bit better than others I guess but it's also due to the monster beat headset it's just mind blowing
34. Commentator (Posts: 3692; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
-Why did you put so much negative emphasis on the typing experience? This looks like the exact same keyboard HTC has used for the last three years, with minor color differences.
-How do you reconcile your claim that the 1080p records at 23fps while other reviews claim it to record at 30fps? If this is actually an issue, could it be fixed with a software update in the future?
-Do you think HTC will address the admittedly awkward browser text-reflow-flash thing, as well as the random buttons popping up? This seems like a serious design flaw, and a step back from HTC's typical stock browser.
-How does the most powerful smartphone on the planet, only rivaled by it's younger brother (Luigi, if you will) HTC One S, warrant a mere 7.8? Granted, its not perfect, but neither was the original Palm Pre, and you gave that a 9.9.
35. artorelis (Posts: 5; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
Please tell us more about battery life?
HTC boss Peter Chou mentioned at a conference in Singapore that battery of HTC One X is ''60% better than HTC Sensation''. What does it mean in reality?
Can you back up this claim?
In your own review you mentioned that the battery performed ''quite well'' but referring only to ''talk-time'' and ''stand-by times''.
36. djnasty23 (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Apr 2012)
No SD card makes u use cloud based drop box so any video u record or pic u take goes to a drop box same goes for game and app. big problem is with AT&T cap Data Plans is B.S and making u not have to save media (music, movies) on device . This phone has all the specs of a flag ship phone , but drop the ball on small details. REALLY HTC NO MEMORY CARD and only 1gb on board , Gunna stick with SAMSUNG Galaxy NOTE