HTC One V Hands-on Review
0. phoneArena 26 Feb 2012, 18:44 posted on
In addition to the high-end HTC One X, mid-range HTC One S there is one more device HTC announced today. The HTC One V has a Super LCD 3.7” WVGA display aluminum chassis and single-core 1GHz processor...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Chronos (Posts: 258; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Why would you want such a low-end smartphone so badly?
3. Birds (Posts: 1064; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Because It meets my needs.... and it is most likely in my price range so.... Leave me the hell alone!!!!!!!!
10. bayusuputra (Posts: 949; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
kudos to the kid who choose a phone based on his needs and budget.. unlike some who choose because of fashion..
go on and give me thumbs down all you want, all i ask is just for you too look at the mirror.. i'm sure majority of us are buying phones because it is the next big thing or because it's a magical thing and so on..
13. Chronos (Posts: 258; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
I buy the current high-end phones because I love technology and experimenting with newer and improved hardware. If I, like many, cared about the next big thing then we would be obsessing over every new installment in the iPhone lineup.
4. jan25 (Posts: 434; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
how is this a mid-range? in 2012, mid-range devices have dual-cores and more than 512 ram.. do not be fooled by the sleek design, which sadly is a waste.
5. Birds (Posts: 1064; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Why are you bashing the phone. Well I take that back because HTC always screws up and prices devices so high. But I have high hopes for this phone.
7. jan25 (Posts: 434; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
i am looking for a mid-ranger too and i was considering this but now i'ld rather go for GS Advance or any of Sony's phones than waste my money on outdated specs. be wise.
8. Birds (Posts: 1064; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Really? The Galaxy S advance is midranged but it is still expinsive, I don't want a phone with this extreme performance. I'm 15. I don't need a phone with extreme performance. As i said, THIS PHONE WILL FIT MY NEEDS!!!!
12. jan25 (Posts: 434; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
the V's price is currently at $420. by the time the V gets released, the GS Advance's price will drop to the V's price group. with a single core and 512gh of RAM, this phone will stop receiving updates by next year and many apps will not be able work. word of advice, if you want to update your device, don't settle for less than a dual core. even the Xperia U has a dual-core, proves how a rip off this phone is.
15. jan25 (Posts: 434; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
yes, official pricing is out. there's a reason they categorized it as mid-range you know.
17. Birds (Posts: 1064; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Well HTC kinda failed then. They need to make this device 40% cheaper.
19. saket.shrivastava (Posts: 55; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
boss the v is 330$..................
don't go for xperia u it is not expandable and ships with only 4gigs of internal storage.....
if u got enough bucks for the cloud storage, dat's different thing
20. cainwarlock (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
what will you choose between htc one v and galaxy w??
6. warrenellis93 (Posts: 43; Member since: 21 Jul 2011)
well i hope it comes to virgin mobile or boost mobile
16. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
It's coming to Virgin Mobile, US Cellular and Metro PCS, nothing about price yet
9. Guile (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
In 2012: quad-core is high-end; dual core is mid-range and single core is low-end. It's exactly what HTC is doing, one of each to meet every needs. I don't know why people call that one mid-range. It will certainly fit the needs of some, but it's still low-end. Added to that, 4GB of ROM no Micro SD and no front facing camera... certainly not mid-range.
11. Jericho (Posts: 302; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Hey i don't like this phone but it doesn't mean i should tell people not to buy it.
I believe in ''FREEDOM OF CHOICE''
and i totally agree with this bayusuputra.