HTC One S will be outfitted with a 1.7GHz Snapdragon S3 CPU in select markets
0. phoneArena 12 Jun 2012, 12:09 posted on
From the sound of it all, HTC is indeed confirming that the HTC One S will be sporting a dual-core 1.7GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 processor in select Asian and European markets. However, as we know, the current version of the handset for the...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. md227a (Posts: 110; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
I like the one S, but would opt for the S4 version, if I couldn't get that I would most likely pass.
2. Birds (Posts: 918; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I'm proud of HTC for trying but they should have been happier with overclocking the GPU more so than the CPU on the S3. The S3 is not a bad chipset, it is just that the GPU was rather underpowered.
9. JEEPOFFROADV8 (Posts: 35; Member since: 01 Apr 2009)
for those that dont know. the s3 is a very good soc. the s4 and s3 use the same gpu! it's just higher clocked in the s4 also with updated drivers for ics. the s3's gpu will get those drivers when ics comes to those devices. but the adreno 220 (amd z460) can do 88million triangles per second not to shabby. the adreno 225 might just have a higher fill rate. as for the cpu newer architecture (krait) vs scropion. the s3 is still a very good soc.
10. Birds (Posts: 918; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
My Xperia S didn't run like an iPhone or a Galaxy SII but it ran better then my cousin's Droid Razr, my old EVO 3D, and most certainly my HTC Sensation. My Xperia S was a great phone for it to have an S3. I heard a rumor that Sony overclocked the GPU themselves to give it that buttery performance. I'm pretty sure HTC did the same. Everyone is so bitter towards S3s. lol
11. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Yep, I have the Xperia S and shows no lag whatsoever. Everything is a breeeeeeze :p
12. ngo2dd (Posts: 753; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Just don't let you know who hear about it because he would just say how you are wrong. It has a lot to do with the software.
3. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1025; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Its like buying a BMW with a Chevy engine. Boo.
6. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Which Chevy engine? The one from a Vega would suck, but an LS9 i don't think has any peers from BMW at the moment :P
4. rn9215 (Posts: 40; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
Unless its far cheaper than the S4 version i will not put my money on it!
5. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
that means porting sense 4 to older htc devices( rezound, sensation, xe, xl) will be easier :)
7. mercorp (Posts: 945; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Can't you just use a tegra 3 instead,htc?
8. mercorp (Posts: 945; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
And in Singapore,it costs $948 in a s3 processor,together with a pair of beats solo.
This is true stupidity,when the one x costs only $895 here.
16. jaytai0106 (Posts: 629; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
That is stupid. I can probably find an unlock One S + beats solo on eBay for cheaper than $950 even with shipping. eBay is a great site to find cheap unlock phone sometime :D
15. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I am so sick of this !
1st it's samsung last year swapping eynos for ti Omap 4430 on south east Asia galaxy s2
Now HTC is doing the same ?
Btw I spoke to the person At HTC store he say our Malaysian one s will be faster that's bulls**t