HTC One S touch button bug makes the phone go crazy (video)
0. phoneArena 26 Jun 2012, 04:40 posted on
The HTC One S is a beauty to behold - it’s a solid and extremely thin slab of unibody metal, but that outer beauty seems marred by a software glitch…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
so smooth animation, it must be WP!
2. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
So this is what it is called htc flagship phones. One can't multi task and another one gives headache with software trouble. And both are priced near galaxy s3.
3. darkskoliro (Posts: 997; Member since: 07 May 2012)
haters gonna hate :D
Go back to your samsuck s3 supernova edition
25. Lboogey6 (Posts: 269; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
Haha samsuck clever while every HTC n LG phone have had nothing but issues with every phone
13. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I got pissed off and removed the One X from my wants list when I found out it can't multitask. Jesus, Sense is just destroying Android.
23. sprockkets (Posts: 1362; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Before you do that why not see what the setting is for kicking apps out in the settings->Develop Option and see what the apps section is set to before saying it is an HTC issue?
4. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
HTC is not unibody metal it is poly-carbonate plastic with special coating.
9. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
You are very retarded. the One S is metal, the one X is poly.
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
thats why you should buy chinese product :)
10. wendygarett (unregistered)
12. bayusuputra (Posts: 945; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
uurrmm, the last time i check, HTC was the no1 brand in the states.. and it's not chinese product, it's Taiwanese, just in case you mixed that up when you were trying to be racist..
6. Mitchel (Posts: 228; Member since: 25 May 2012)
This is a disgrace for Android.. Why can't other Android manufacturers optimized their software as smooth & fluid as Galaxy S3? Damn!
7. alterecho (Posts: 1091; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Was listening to Linkin park's lost in the echo song when i started the video... It seems synchronized with the music :) Not dissing any anyone.
15. androidsbiggestfan (Posts: 76; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
At least its not exploding like the GSIII!
18. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Lol this doesn't surprise me. Our Evo 4G LTE rebooted three times within the first half an hour of it being opened and put on display. Android phones, gotta love them lol.
19. JunitoNH (Posts: 987; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Oh......is that what they mean, when they say Android is smooth like butter.
26. talksalot81 (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
I had this problem from about a week after the phone was released. It more or less showed itself when putting mobile internet (data) on - it would go ape and fill up my memory with screenshots! I got it replaced and the replacement seemed ok but it has also deteriorated to doing the same thing (though not so badly - the initial phone was totally unusable). Of course now I cannot get a replacement because I am outside 30 days and HTC just tell me to do a reset - I have done this twice now. They will take it back to repair but they are adamant that it is a software issue and getting the phone back is not going to help. Which leaves me with a partially operable phone and not a thing I can do about it. Sorry HTC but I have stuck with you for years but this is just not acceptable.
27. tomsgate101 (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
This issue has been reported to HTC by many users FOR SEVERAL MONTHS NOW, but no patch or update has been released yet as to address the problem. In order to make things happen, I have started a campaign through this link on XDA:
The idea is to post negative reviews on every major review website for this phone, because of this issue, and thus make the phone's rating drop to 0. Of course, HTC will be kept informed of our little campaign, which will go on until the patch is released. Let's see if that helps!
Join the effort and help us "motivate" HTC.
28. talksalot81 (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
They are persisting in telling me I just have to reset it. The thing is it works for a month and then fails again and they refuse to accept it as a problem they can fix by taking it for repair. So I have given up customising the phone and will be going to Apple or Samsung in the new year.