HTC One S to miss out on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and Sense 5, says HTC France
0. phoneArena 02 Jul 2013, 09:30 posted on
Quick recovery to all of you, HTC One S owners! Unfortunately, it is now (almost) official. After a month of various leaks pointing towards things going south, french HubFR was the first to spot a comment made by HTC France on their Facebook page, confirming once again that all hope is, indeed, likely lost...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
20. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1225; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
HTC is the latest member of the "no update club" along with LG ,Acer and Sony (Sony is doing a good job now )
2. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
NO htc why? You are doing a fine job with the One and all the new devices coming out you just need to improve on your customer services and this isn't helping!!
3. PunyPoop (Posts: 631; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Yes they are doing a fine job with the One, I have so much respect with HTC, they are the first ANDROID, the ORIGINAL!
4. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
The desire was the first Good android phone ! So yeh I agree!
27. jdoee100 (Posts: 274; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
htc should seriously consider stop competing with samsung. Instead, concentrate their effort on producing premium feeling devices with great support. Right now, they're bleeding cash trying to outdo samsung, which is a waste of their time and money.
19. quyenqchau0813 (Posts: 78; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
I don't get HTC, why their support time for their own devices is so short?
16. AMDPhenomX4 (Posts: 48; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
It's basically the CPU of a US Galaxy S3 but with a lower resolution screen. Absolutely disgraceful from HTC to not even MATCH Samsung.
6. sinple (Posts: 87; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
problem is not htc. same as xperia s. Qualcomm did not provide the necessary stuff for companies to build 4.2 on s3 processor
9. muhsen (Posts: 195; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
htc one s has s4 processor not s3....and as far as I know some samsung galaxy s2 and note variants have s3 processor getting 4.2
it has nothing to do with QUALCOMM , it has to do with Htc..also I never heard that a processor doesn't work well on any android version let alone a processor from a big company like qualcomm
10. Starscream9 (Posts: 10; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
Just a manufacturer fail and nothing else. Htc still repeating the same mistake which they did with thier 2011 devices
8. muhsen (Posts: 195; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
typical htc.....after sales services suck.....the htc one s has a hardware as good as one x and even has higher benchmarks. htc will continue to lose and will never gain any market share. also there r rumors that htc one x life cycle will end at 4.2 while s3 will get 5.0....htc is over and doomed as they never update their devices properly(the one s got 4.1 only while the galaxy s2 is getting 4.2).... looks can be deceiving and this is the case with Htc
11. Starscream9 (Posts: 10; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
Htc logic: Launch a new phone every 6 months to gain consumers and forget about previously launched devices. Seriously htc is the only company that is destroying itself for e.g they launched Htc Droid Dna and then after 6 months launched Htc One. with all the gimmicks about dna previously, Now who talks about it? its not even 1 year old....Its all about One rite now and in a couple of months they will launch another phone leaving the One as 'old' and the cycle continues. WAKE UP HTC
22. moolotovzz (Posts: 24; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
And now butterfly S comming, so I guess things wont change huh?
12. yazlikvillam (Posts: 13; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
HTC being an a..hole. how the heck One s wont get 4.2 i wish i havent bought one now cos be same for that next year. rather spending 12 million on a actor should have spend it development i wish they go bankrupt
13. androidfanboy (Posts: 162; Member since: 24 Jun 2013)
Bye bye htc I'm glad I moved to samsung
29. androidfanboy (Posts: 162; Member since: 24 Jun 2013)
I must admit I do miss htc sense, especially the cool flip clock and the weather animations
15. robocopvn (Posts: 155; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
HTC let me tell you the truth:
2 years ago If I had to buy a new phone, I think of the one with HTC logo on it.
But now, after Desire HD cannot get 4.0, Sensation cannot get 4.1 and S cannot get 4.2. That's enough for me.
good bye HTC ! not quietly brilliant anymore, now called dying silently
18. pkiran1996 (Posts: 160; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
What a joke. My 2011 Galaxy S2 is planned to get 4.2.2 and a 2012 One S isn't?
25. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1225; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
One S is a mid range device while the s2 was a flagship , but if they drop support for the One x , then HTC has some serious update and reputation issues
26. jdoee100 (Posts: 274; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Okay, what are the chances that 2 generations old htc flagship(like S2) will get an update?
31. robocopvn (Posts: 155; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
So how about Desire HD, Sensation ? and how about tons of Samsung mid-range phone keep getting update ?
32. jdoee100 (Posts: 274; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Sometimes, it's better to admit defeat and move on.
23. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3661; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Well that's upsetting. Hopefully HTC either fixes whatever issues they were having with the update, or provides a very good reason as to why they can't.
28. Rayvelynn (Posts: 123; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I'm so glad I switched my HTC One S for a Samsung Galaxy S III. smh
33. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 561; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Well done HTC. You have been successful in driving customers away from your brand. How much more idiotic moves are you going to make? HTC is famous for doing exactly the opposite of what needs to be done to flourish their business. Even if they do normal stuff, they will survive in market. But they are not satisfied with doing the normal, they want to do something worse. Well done. (Example- HTC sense 4 is a heavy UI which is available on low & mid range devices whose specs are not great. This UI creates problems on low end devices & so is unsuitable. All low end devices need to get the new Sense 5 which is much lighter & will enhance the performances of such devices. But NO..!! HTC wont do that. It will put lighter Sense 5 on high end devices which are all-by themselves capable to run smoothly even the heavier Sense 4 UI & deprive the low end devices their services when they desperately need it).
As per this news, HTC One S was a high end device when launched & should get the proper care & service. (Now if you dont buy high end devices forget HTC giving any service.) But its HTC. Again they have proved that their engineers are the most talented but management is most STUPID of all. Even a simple shopkeeper knows more about managing a business, making profit & customer satisfaction.
34. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 561; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
It wont be far that HTC will sink & Google will buy it also. Then with HTC's design team + Google's Android they would make the most beautiful+most powerful devices. Google will rule then..
35. DylRicho (Posts: 17; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Pathetic company. Just see how many p**s*d One S owners there really are!
36. Taters (Posts: 2399; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Par for the course. I wouldn't expect anything else from this crappy company.
37. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 204; Member since: 14 May 2013)
Wow I almost bought this phone as it was very beautiful. Good thing I chose the GS3 over it.