HTC One Max rumor round-up: 5.9-inch screen, Snapdragon 800, UltraPixel camera, Q4 release date
0. phoneArena 08 Oct 2013, 10:33 posted on
HTC One Max – that's one of the hottest names thrown back and forth through Rumorland right now. And that's because it is not the name of just any smartphone. The handset in question is going to be HTC's first "phablet" device, offering a humongous screen for those who just can't get enough display real estate. How do we know all that? Well, the rumor mill has been pretty generous on leaks about the HTC One Max. The smartphone even posed for the camera numerous times, revealing what the device will actually look like. Yup, it will be more or less a larger HTC One, as the name implies...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. BattalBoy (Posts: 11; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I really hope that the 2.1 ultrapixel isn't true. It has to be at least 8 mp to impress.
3. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2958; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
2.1 megapixel is the front facing camera...
15. BattalBoy (Posts: 11; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Yeah but why would you need a ultrapixel front camera?
21. raunak (Posts: 505; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Dude the article never said anything about front facing ultra pixel camera.
23. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2958; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Yeah. They never said anything about an ultrapixel frontal camera. They only mentioned 2.1 megapixel. And like papa said, why not.
34. Dr.Phil (Posts: 916; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
The same reason Sony has an Exmor R front-facing camera on it's devices.
76. LG_is_the_best (unregistered)
Girls will have better duck faces
10. akki20892 (Posts: 3562; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i know your feeling buddy, i know what ultrapixel is.
66. samii (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
I don't believe this HTC is going mad .. 3500 Battery . Snapdragon 800 2.3 Ghz
2Gb ram this HTC will give tough time to samsung.. was reading here check out the complete Specs of HTC One MAX .. Loving it .. techbeasts.com for details ..
69. chandra7894 (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 Sep 2013)
Ultrapixel is myth. We want bigger size 13 mp sensor
75. b1acktiger (Posts: 207; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Dont be a joke. Go and take some basics of what Pixels is and how it works. 4MP might be let down in camera, but packing larger pixels are called UltraPixel.
2. msa1988 (Posts: 417; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
Phones are going to be the size of our heads before we know it.
53. good2great (Posts: 1039; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i was saying the same thing... smh.
why is having a huge "phone" popular?
57. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8665; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Use a Note II for a day then you'll see why.
Can't wait until October 2nd for my Note 3! :)
55. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5866; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Back-to-the-future - does anyone remember the original Moto brick phone? Here is a link:
The more things change, the more they stay the same and what-not.... :-)
60. Doakie (Posts: 1273; Member since: 06 May 2009)
I'm sold on massive phones. I loved my Note 2 and I really like my Fonepad however once a case is put on the Fonepad it really becomes too big. I have only one pair of shorts that I have trouble fitting my Fonepad in and its only once it has a flip case on it. Other than that one pair it fits easily in all my pants pockets even with a flip case. So for anyone who gripes that anything bigger than an iPhone won't fit in pants I have no idea what you're wearing... I'm buying a Note 3 next month and if the One Max comes to Verizon I might trade my Note 3 for it because I LOVE the front facing speakers on my HTC One. But that swap is conditional on the One Max having a Snapdragon 800. If it's a 600 or S4 Pro I'll pass and stick with the Note 3.
62. moolotovzz (Posts: 24; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
I am lost.. you possess note 2, Fonepad, you are buing note3 and look forward for htc one max if it is available on your network, but you have only one pair of shorts....
64. Doakie (Posts: 1273; Member since: 06 May 2009)
LOL. Sorry for the confusion. No I own a Fonepad and a HTC One currently. I sold my Note 2 and bought a Fonepad from Taiwan and had it shipped to the USA. I own plenty of pants and shorts but only one pair of shorts have front pockets that are too small for my Fonepad inside a flip case to fit in them. All my other clothes have big enough pockets. I plan on selling my One and purchasing a Note 3 with the intention of upgrading to the One Max if I like that better.
I'm curious if once I have a 5.7-5.9" screened phone if my need for the Fonepad would wane... We'll see...
68. PotDragon (banned) (Posts: 214; Member since: 22 Jul 2011)
How is your underwear selection? Lol
4. raunak (Posts: 505; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
This design looked good on One and One mini, but now it just looks ugly. Also, One was already big for a 5-incher and if this one has them too, then it'll be as big as Xperia Z Ultra. More interested in what 1520 has to offer in terms of hardware (software wise, it's an endless debate).
5. raunak (Posts: 505; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
*One was already big for a 5-incher because of front stereo speakes
19. akki20892 (Posts: 3562; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
no it's not You didn't meant that. u r lying.
52. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5866; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I hope HTC upgrades the specs of the One Max to 8+ Mp on the rear camera and S600 to S800. 3Gb of RAM would be nice too.
58. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8665; Member since: 14 May 2012)
No other OEM is going to have 3GB of RAM until next year. Samsung is ahead of the game by a few months.
9. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Samsung Galaxy Note is an original inventor of large display and s-pen. The other companies are copied from Samsung that lack the software on s-pen functionality. Note 3 is my next phone.
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8665; Member since: 14 May 2012)
^ There's always one of you in every article. Article was free from trolling and wars, and then you showed up.
28. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8665; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It gets annoying after awhile. Like I don't understand people. They believe they have to wake up everyday and go to PA to troll and start a war to make themselves feel better when in reality it serves no purpose in life.
End of rant for now.
22. Shenoy (Posts: 22; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
Yes MR SOM...u cn please stick to your Cheap samsung galaxy note or the new note 3...evryone knows that samsung is the one the copy all innovations from others and then climb up the stairs...samsung just knows to copy ideas from other manufacturers...u can enjoy your S - pen...v dnt need it...v dnt have the time to waste on going back to kindergarten school to use pen...its a fast world and all we need is quick response to our fingertips...you have your s - pen for yourself ...we dont want it
27. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8665; Member since: 14 May 2012)
^ And then there's users like you calling Samsung phones cheap. Samsung not innovative? If it wasn't for Samsung, Android wouldn't be where it's at right now and that's a fact. I like how you didn't mention how the Note 3 is the only smartphone that offers 3GB of RAM.
Please do us all a favor and stop while you're ahead.
29. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
because they are fooling you.. you don't need a 3GB RAM .. also it affect the battery life time
so why other manufacture use a 3GB their phone will be overprice for nothing that's why
48. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8665; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Actually, I do, considering that I use up about 90% of the 1.8GB RAM that's on my S3 almost everyday.
72. ngo2dd (Posts: 787; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Why the hell are you using that much ram gives how poorly android handle multitask. Android app and the OS can only handle so much app before they refresh. If you say your S3 handle it perfectly you are lying or don't know what you are talking.
46. wilsong17 (Posts: 969; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
you have to be so negative who statred offering big screen
check how mnay galaxy s2 sold and still selling today, the galaxy s3 note 1 was the one who start bring up big screen
and who made a 5.5 inch phone samsung now every other company following up
49. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8665; Member since: 14 May 2012)
HTC offered the first 4.3" screen back with the HTC HD2 followed by the Dell Streak, which offered a 5" screen in 2010.
63. AfterShock (Posts: 2812; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
At times I miss my near seeming bulletproof HD2.
One guy in my company still rocks one.
12. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Still not sure about the processor! A new leak today is posted on gsmarena saying that it is 600S 1.7 GHz
13. papss (unregistered)
Does anyone see a trash can resemblance? This has the side profile of a metal trash can. :). All jokes aside I really hope they up that cameras mp to atleast 8 if not more by the time it comes out.
14. isprobi (Posts: 204; Member since: 30 May 2011)
I hope this comes to AT&T. I would rather have this than the Note 3 because of the front facing speakers and more true colors on the screen versus Super AMOLED..
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8665; Member since: 14 May 2012)
AT&T gets pretty much every single device ever created, so I wouldn't doubt it for a second.
24. danwatson (Posts: 102; Member since: 03 Jan 2012)
The note 3 is already large but makes it somewhat palatable by shrinking the bezel and leaving no room unused. The HTC design with the stereo speakers and large 2 tone edges on the side HAS to be much larger than the Note 3. This design will not hold up as well at this size in my opinion. Plus, if they don't allow an SD card, that will likely doom it. Like it or not, people who buy these phones want more storage or at least THINK they might want more storage and would like the option to upgrade it if needed. The metal build may also make it more prone to slip at this size vs the leatherish soft plastic of the Note 3
25. theruleslawyer (Posts: 108; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
GSMarena had news that its basically a HTC one inside and will MSRP at $800. If true, that phone is going to be full of fail.
30. papss (unregistered)
I just read that.. That would be a huge mistake IMO.. Having the S600 and that price is crazy.
31. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
i think it is only the Chinese version at least hope so
37. newbey123 (Posts: 436; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
That is the chinese version, american version gets 800 chip. Just like the chinese version will be only one with the removable back and plastic around the edges. The american version will be sealed and all aluminum, which I prefer. Don't like the plastic surround on the chinese version.
36. amats69 (Posts: 1088; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
I read that also..at that price then a snapdragon 600 plus the same 4mp ultrapixel cam..then it is a no buy for me..if that is true it is not an upgrade for me from my htc one and ill wait for next years flagship.. Well i just hope it is only for china. Lets just wait and see.
39. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
I think its for china only and the Chinese version has 5 MP ultra pixel
43. amats69 (Posts: 1088; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Hopefully! Coz i have high expectations for this phone. If this one has s800 chip plus an improve ultrapixel cam then i will sell my htc one then ill buy this. :)
44. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
i have htc sensation xe so in both cases I will buying this one .. but hope will come with better CPU (like s800) and better camera ..I read that i will be 5 MP but i can't remember where :P
47. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
32. zmtfatzombie (Posts: 19; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
HTC Cameras have always been a joke.
And this will be the same so called ultrapixel camera from htc one? Then...
50. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8665; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You don't know what you're talking about. :)