HTC One Max rooted, fingerprint sensor proves accurate, camera features leak
0. phoneArena 20 Sep 2013, 05:32 posted on
It seems to be a capacitive touch sensor, just like Apple's new Touch ID technology works in the iPhone 5s, so barring any patent issues, HTC will be sporting the second handset with that technology when it announces the One Max later on in the year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. lopies (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Sep 2013)
I really hope this to be true. I am really considering the Max.
17. KParks23 (Posts: 535; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
If this thing can bring the noise and the funk ill get it.. Im talking huge battery great camera no more 4up BS and a SD800 im all in
18. sarge77 (Posts: 202; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
sounds good looking like a one max for me to
2. Commentator (Posts: 3375; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Does the fingerprint scanner double as the power-button? Has HTC finally learned not to put it on the top of the device?
3. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
No, its at the back and the home button is at the front.
EDIT: NVM, you said power button
4. FiddyPence (Posts: 21; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
The power button is on the side bellow the volume keys.
5. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
SD 800 :D i m so happy to see this article:P
6. amats69 (Posts: 1246; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Ok my high hope for this device comes back to life! S800 pls and an improved Ultrapixel Cam and you can take my money htc!
8. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
I think it will be 5 MP camera some leaks before said that
7. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 239; Member since: 30 May 2013)
SD 800 and the unlock button is on the right side YES!
9. sintruder (Posts: 91; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
HTC one max is the device to consider now, the only problem was not sporting the SD 800 but from this leak it seems it will.
11. Commentator (Posts: 3375; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I'd like to see multitasking similar to Samsung and LG's devices. Heck, even the SGS III supports multiple windows, so HTC has no excuse to include windowed apps on their 5.9" device. If they do that, I can justify my irrational brand-loyalty to HTC and pick one up. If not I'll most likely go for the Note 3.
14. andrejx (Posts: 29; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
That would be a must. I use my computer just for simple tasks and yet my phone can do almost everything what my computer can but multitasking. When they make an option for simple but effective multitasking that would be like ewerything. And that is what tablets and phablets should be about. Sorry for my english
10. andrejx (Posts: 29; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
S800, sd card support, 5upx camera and I'll buy it. Though Improved boom sound speakers would be nice and somewhat thinner body.
13. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Why start a flame war, who cares, this is about the HTC One max that'll do battle with the Lumia 1520 and note 3. Whichever one you like is your choice along with everyone else, we all win, they're all gonna be fantastic devices. I'm glad that HTC and Nokia came out with an alternative to the Note 3 and seeing the SD 800 is reassuring.
19. Samsungadroidrules (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
"Were" or Where? Pathetic HTC Fanboy. Let me tell you this, that Htc One Max Phablet what ever is not going to be a best Unlike the Note 3 that Packs the advance specs that millions could ask for a Phablet. Still, Millions of people are waiting for the Note 3 to be release world wide.And I can't feel anyone here or even in other tech sites waiting for this except FEW Htc fanboys. And oh by the way, I'm from New Jersey USA. Many people here likes Samsung,Apple and LG Products. Sorry for your beloved HTC. lol
16. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Show me the Max HTC locally, and we may stay friends.
20. jamsatu (Posts: 17; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
Please enlighten me, i don't see anything that says SD800 in the screenshot. Why PA concluded that one MAX is rocking SD800?
21. newbey123 (Posts: 519; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Never really doubted it would have the 800 chip, so once I saw the specs for the note, I knew that the Max was going to be the phone for me. Same specs combined with better build quality and apperance. This beast will be an awesome piece of hardware. Now hurry up and release it HTC, I have been holding my upgrade for months.
22. kpfirefighter (Posts: 160; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I hope it comes to the U.S. There is no mention of it coming.
23. harvestcellular (Posts: 26; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Ill have to admit, fingerprint security is pretty neat idea for both Android and Apple. The thing they will have to ensure is the speed of accessing a device since users on average will use their smartphone anywhere from 100-200 times a day.