HTC One Max pictured wearing Verizon's colors
0. phoneArena 05 Oct 2013, 17:29 posted on
Have no fear, Verizon customers; pictures of the yet to be announced HTC One Max show the phablet wearing the colors of the nation's largest carrier. We're not sure if Big Red feels a little more humble, but we don't see anything resembling the Verizon logo on the home button. In fact, you could say that the logo comes off looking more subtle than branding that Verizon has put on other handsets...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. gprime (Posts: 22; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
I can't wait for this phone, but am torn between this and the note 3. Pro for HTC: Front speakers now just waiting on battery size and camera Pros for Samsung: Samsung made Faster updates
8. newbey123 (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
I was torn between the two, but after comparing the two, I have to go with the HTC. The battery will be a 3,300. I prefer the UI, Boom Sound and better build quality of HTC, so I would say you would be happier with the One Max.
9. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
You say you were torn comparing the two, have you yourself actually had a live unit to play around with? Think this is the only HTC Phone i've been interested in this year and gotta admit, HTC have improved with their updates this year with the One as opposed to the Sensation and Desire S which never made it past 4.0 and 2.3.5.
10. tedkord (Posts: 5592; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I'm torn, too. I love the front stereo speakers in the One Max, but also the S-Pen and slightly Moor compact size of the Note 3 (which seemingly has amazing functionality)
Wish I could combine them.
18. jove39 (Posts: 1364; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I would say One Maxx...sense5 is really nice...touchwiz might be more functional but looks very old.
22. ngo2dd (Posts: 821; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
Samsung do not have faster up. HTC was the first to update to 4.3
28. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Faster updates you say? The Note 2 is still on 4.1.2. It's 2 updates behind. The HTC One is about to receive 4.3. And come October 31 Kitkat 4.4 will put every android device back again. If only Google can release the Nexus 5 on all carriers. I'm tired of being one to three steps behind.
31. Doakie (Posts: 1381; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Freaking awesome news. I'm killing off our Sprint family plan this month to jump to Verizon. Currently I have a HTC One and I was going to buy a Note 3 to ensure I could do a direct over trade for a One Max IF it ever came to Verizon. Now I might just wait to buy a One Max. I had a Note 2 previously and honestly the Value Ads they throw into their Note line really improves it's usefulness as a Jumbo smartphone, that and the 13.0MP camera is definitely going to be better than the 4.0MP shooter on the One Max. But HTCs Boomsound is really awesome to have and their Zoe feature is awesome to have taking kid pictures being I have three little ones. Grrrr.... The decision is going to be so hard....
3. saffant (Posts: 234; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
A lil too big for my taste. A 5.0-5.3" HTC One would be perfect!
5. dc0321 (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
it would be nice if the black part is the whole sceen
7. newbey123 (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
It's about freaking time HTC. Been waiting to upgrade to the phablet world. This thing is shaping up to be a beast phone.
13. mr.techdude (Posts: 563; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Tedkord, I used to think it definitely had a 800 chip set but shockingly in the benchmarks confirm that it has late last year's s4 pro :( I hope its just a lie.
27. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
That's probably just for the larger Asian markets like China/Indonesia/India etc where they have dual sim mode. For US/Europe, we're probably looking at an 800 or at the very least, a 600.
15. lorenzattractor (Posts: 66; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Verizon has the worst logo placement ever.
16. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I just peed' in my pants; hope there's a microSd slot!!
P.S. That HTC One Maxx looks like a mighty tablet next to that mini-Phone.
19. poping (unregistered)
i want to see it with display on to see the real bezels...
in htc one the bezels were as black as screen...
deceiving people to think the bezels are thin...
same with htc one mini... it probably is same for this one...
20. Andrewtst (Posts: 393; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I hope HTC still can survive. In my country, HTC is even dead than Nokia.
Everywhere their shop only occupied with staff.
23. DAddYE (Posts: 48; Member since: 04 Oct 2013)
But am I the only one that is concerned about those fu**ing carrier logos that destroy the "look" of any phone? Really they should stop them to put their 80" logos designed by kids ...
25. castle1 (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Oct 2013)
Hard to choose between HTC one max and the Nokia 1520 unless you consider there OS.
26. Trex95 (Posts: 572; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Actually HTC one chosen as the best phone of 2013.
29. bigsimpd (Posts: 39; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Verizon sure knows how to mess up a phone.They have the best coverage but has the most ugly phones out of everyone.Wow take that stupid logo and hide so ugly.
30. VZW4LIFE (Posts: 34; Member since: 11 Jun 2011)
I hope HTC "Twerks!" :D the camera and display resolution on the One Max. I love HTC phones but I'm probably gonna go with the LG G2 if they don't.