HTC One Max phablet to come with Sense 5.5 slapped over Android 4.3, UltraPixel camera and LTE support
0. phoneArena 27 Aug 2013, 08:46 posted on
According to the new leak, the Taiwanese manufacturer's phablet contender will run Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with its custom Sense 5.5 UI on top...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. amilcarmz86 (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
they need to stop the ultrapixel thing...
8. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1268; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Yes I had high hope for this device but now everything went down. Seriously why isn't HTC learn from its mistakes? No offense but the 4mp ultra pixel camera was a big let down its easily lost to most flagship phones.it lacks enough detail in the picture compared to others, but now a 2.1mp ultra?? U gotta be kidding me.
i love HTC and I was expecting a 8mp ultra pixel. Hope this rumour is not true.
12. amilcarmz86 (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
HTC is an excellent cellphone company, but they need to improve the camera feature
13. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1064; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
It is a rumor. Also, I believe they may be talking about the front-facing camera rather than the rear camera. Just like how Sony put the Exmor R sensor in their front-facing cameras.
18. almostdone (Posts: 220; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
They need to invest heavily into their camera tech and/or get one of the top camera companies to help develop.
There phones are not bad but taking poor pictures is a major let down and is probably the only reason I go for something else with everything weighed up.
43. irellemot (Posts: 109; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
I'm fairly sure they're talking about the front facing camera, because my HTC One's front camera is 2.1 MP
46. benrburton (Posts: 5; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
the 2.1 mp was for the frontfacing camera. they said they dont have any details on the capabilities of the rear facing ultrapixel camera.
25. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4774; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Man this fall for me is going to be a VERY hard one. This HTC One Max, the Samsung Galaxy Note III & the Sony Xperia Z1 are all looking so freaking sweet. I just DON'T know who will get my money this year.
I guess I am going to have to hold them all in my hand & which ever gives me that feeling of eureka then that's the phone who will WIN.
This year the Samsung Galaxy Note III has STIFF, STIFF competition. They better deliver a knock out because if the Note III is sub-par, they will indeed lose lots of sales to BOTH the HTC One Max & the insanely SEXY Sony Xperia Z1.
31. Topcat488 (Posts: 1377; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Samsung is "Defending Champion" of the "Phablet" category. This last design use is their only weakness... The S-Pen w/functions wins hands down, Multi-Window features, etc, etc,... Reigning Champ still.
36. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4774; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
You mean Samsung was the ONLY player in the Phablet world.
This year not so much, S-Pen is a novelty that goes away & never gets used as the polls say. Google it. Multi-Window... that is hit or miss. All my boys who have a Note II really don't use it... well maybe sometimes.
The Sony Zperia Z Ultra does things the Note II can't like be in 5 feet of water & looks very sexy. Also the HTC One Max has Boom Sound & is wrapped in SEXY ALUMINIUM.
So this year there are choices something that wasn’t available the last 2 years. This year Samsung better STEP up.
27. amats69 (Posts: 1255; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
They dont need to stop this ultrapixel thing. All they have to do is IMPROVE the untrapixel technology..and besides base on the picture above.it says "HTC ULTRA PIXEL CAMERA"so theres posibility that HTC will still use the "ultrapixel thing" but put a higher pixel camera..and this is still a rumor.
30. ARITRA (Posts: 45; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
"2.1MP shooter will take the seat at the front"-so it's only the front facing camera..
32. akki20892 (Posts: 3872; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
right ultrapixel is sucks, i know that.........!!!
37. oister85 (Posts: 450; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I know they need to stop with the ultra pixel, everyone else is going up with the pixels, and they are the only ones going down. HTC is good company they should know better. most of the consumers are not geeks so when they hear only 4 megapixel camera they go never mind I go with Samsung. In the android platform everything is about high specs.
2. akbarkool (Posts: 42; Member since: 06 Nov 2012)
What's next 0.1 ultrapixel camera??
pureview rocks ultrapixels sucks
5. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Pureview is Puregimmick XD
11. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1268; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Pureview is gimmick??? And what is ultra pixel???
like it or not nokia and its pureview camera tech is the best camera on smartphone to date.
47. benrburton (Posts: 5; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
I dont know about all you people but I dont buy a phone for its camera. I buy a phone for its features. I own the HTC One and I do not regret it, not even a bit. I actually like the ultrapixel concept. I'm excited to see where HTC takes it. All Nokia has going for it is it's camera. They chose a horrlible mobile OS to go with. The phones they make have mediocre specs... excet the camera. I'd rather have an iPhone then a Nokia.
3. fouadqr (Posts: 326; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
HTC ONE ="4 UltraPixel " and the camera sux ! how bad will be 2.1 UltraPixel camera ?!!
7. Finest (Posts: 90; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
yeah i feel u bro they should stop this ultra thing why dont they put a 1 gigapixel camera hahaha
48. benrburton (Posts: 5; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
The front facing camere is 2.1 megapixel, the rear facing is an ultrapixel with unknown capabilities. And the camera on the HTC One isnt even that bad if you're not an avid cell phone camera user.
4. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Pretty sure it means a 2.1MP FRONT camera, HTC never talked about the resolution on the HTC One or the One Mini's cameras.
6. Cha7520 (Posts: 221; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
On the hardware side, the new intel suggests that a rather puzzling 2.1MP UltraPixel shooter will take a seat at the rear, which is even less than the highly criticized 4MP module found on the HTC On.
20. Chris.P (Posts: 485; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
Thank you, feres13, it's been a long day.
The error has been amended, and I've added an update to warn readers of the misunderstanding.
28. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Try to not rush in publishing article
9. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
pass blinkfeed really p***ed me off sold it after a mth
and what about the asus padfone infinity better build the the htc one just no boomsound
10. Tatperson (Posts: 58; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
The chinese word 副 means "Secondary" or "Vice", so yes, it is referring to the front facing camera aka "secondary camera".
14. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 959; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
At this rate, the Note 3 has very weak competition, thats IF the One Max has 2.1 UltraPixels with an inferior sensor.
You have the Z Ultra with its stupidly large size, and lack of a LED flash in a 2013 high end, and then now the One Max with a 2.1UltraPixel camera.
Samsung don't seem to have much to worry about at this point, the Note3 should just own when it arrives.
26. Suo.Eno (Posts: 456; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
That and historically HTC are relatively a lot less intelligent at pricing a head to head match when it goes against any targeted Samsung models for finalized RRPs it's just plain ridiculous. You would have thought that they'd learn a thing or 2 by now...
49. benrburton (Posts: 5; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
It's a 2.1 megapixel front facing camera. The rear facing camera is an ultrpixel with unkown capabilities.
15. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Guys, the rear camera isn't 2.1MP, it's the front camera. '副摄像机' means secondary camera which is the front camera.
Don't be so disappointed guys!
17. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It's a 2.1MP front camera, not rear camera.
19. SammyK300 (Posts: 6; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Why can't the people that write these articles do a little research first. It's says front is 2.1mp, rear is ultrapixel.
Same as the regular One.
All this incorrect reporting does is make the haters hate more.
21. RomeoJDR (Posts: 242; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
Not sure where the 'M' comes from behind the 2.1, but it makes more sense the 2.1 refers to the processor (rather than being clocked at 2.3GHz) and the 4.0 is related to MP in line with the current One.
22. newbey123 (Posts: 519; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Hope they unveil it at IFA. Been holding onto my upgrade for 5 months now waiting to get this beast.
23. Marienx (Posts: 46; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
This thing will be 100 times better than the note 3.. I guarantee it.
33. HouTexan (Posts: 419; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
Okay. Since your guarantee makes it right.
24. Suo.Eno (Posts: 456; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
"3200 or 3300mAh battery unit"
The latter or even higher are much much more preferable. ffs why is it that it's only Huawei w/ ample brains are able to include a friggin' 4000mAh batt into a 6" Ascend Mate chassis? And a GPE edition simultaneous launch. Do this right HTC you might just make Samsung break a sweat w/ its Note 3.
34. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I see Samsung being about as sweaty over the ONE max as they were over the ONE. Not so much.
Decent phone, but it's won't have much of an impact on the Note 3.
If the ONE max is much bigger than the Note 3, and I believe it will be to stuff a 6" screen.. it will appeal to even fewer people.
35. Keas51 (Posts: 4; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
To everyone complaining about the camara please take a moment to read the article then comment, "On the hardware side, the new intel suggests that a 2.1MP shooter will take the seat at the front, while an UltraPixel camera of unknown capabilities is said to occupy the rear" Yes I know that would mean that the 2.1MP camara is on the front of the phone...
40. SammyK300 (Posts: 6; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
They originally reported the rear was 2.1 that's why all the comments.
38. RiyMod (Posts: 9; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
HTC Trying to disappoint us with Samsung Galaxy Note lll as their RAM is 3 GB and much better features too...HTC could have done better than them...this is really disappointing!
39. Superpiff (Posts: 36; Member since: 29 Jul 2012)
Are people stupid or something its a 2.1 front facing camera learn to read
41. SammyK300 (Posts: 6; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
They did read, it was originally reported that the rear was 2.1
42. scsa852k (Posts: 329; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
The problem with HTC's phablet is that, it's just a beefed up HTC One.
Note series have S Pen.
Xperia Z Ultra lets you write on the phone with a pen or pencil.
What kind of unique feature does HTC's phablet have?
44. RomeoJDR (Posts: 242; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
Hopefully it will be by N-trig like their tablets had. I really like it as much as Wacom's tech. The problem had been they require batteries but just recently released a small slim pen capable of being stored in a phones slot. Maybe more than coincidence N-trig released this new trimmed down pen just before the Max is to be revealed.
45. jamsatu (Posts: 17; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
I don't think people here that bash ultrapixel never even use ultrapixel camera but they comment blindly.
I have Htc One personally, and have compared its camera with galaxy s4, s3, and iphone5. and my experiences using those phones' camera were inline with all reviews from phonearena, pocketnow, phonedog, etc. and shoot me if i'm wrong, did they ever told us that ultrapixel sucks?? please read more.
50. benrburton (Posts: 5; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
"On the hardware side, the new intel suggests that a 2.1MP shooter will take the seat at the front, while an UltraPixel camera of unknown capabilities is said to occupy the rear."
Clarification: The front facing camera will be 2.1 megapixels. They don't know the resolution of the rear facing camera.