HTC One Max in a face-to-face with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in new snaps
0. phoneArena 19 Sep 2013, 09:06 posted on
New snaps of the HTC One Max have been spotted on the web, hailing, unsurprisingly, from the resourceful China...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
Note 3 is looking more superior
11. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The design is a hundred fold better on the Note 3. The HTC Max design might work for a 4.7 inch screen. But it sure as hell doesn't work for 5.9.
It's simple design 101. If you make a phone bigger' you can't keep the blocky design, you have to round it off. If they made the iPhone larger the design would have to change or it will be a Lumia 920 fiasco.
47. vincelongman (Posts: 3976; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Agreed, HTC should have used on-screen buttons to make it smaller
49. sarge77 (Posts: 202; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
thats why its a one max identical and sd support love my htc max great job htc
2. Diego! (Posts: 549; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Galaxy Note 3 has a great size for a device with such a big screen. HTC One Max looks too big (IMHO), let's wait and see a vs post here in phonearena!
4. maherk (Posts: 3352; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
That plastic edge on the htc one looks super cheap, plus the huge bezel are killing it while the note 3 is such a compact phablet. For once the samsung has a bit more premium looks vs an HTC device.
6. firestarter2 (Posts: 16; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
What a pointlessly large bezel, and whats with the huge black bar beneath the screen? I know its supposed to look like the HTC one but they could of fixed it. Going from a Galaxy Nexus to a Galaxy S3 and back soft keys are really the way to go.
I was interested for the the speakers and sdcard but I think ill pass
8. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1097; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I don't know what ridiculously large bezel you are seeing. The top and bottom both have speakers on them so it's necessary. The "black bar" is the navigation buttons since there are no on-screen ones.
12. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Its not necessary. Only to the tech media and HTC losers. For everybody else, they would take the more compact size over boom sound speakers.
For tablets its okay because they doing have to be compact as possible. For phones, yes. That is why HTC and Nokia sucks. OIS, 41 mp, and boom sound are not even close to being must haves, especially if you have to sacrifice size and looks to get them.
18. firestarter2 (Posts: 16; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
I wanted the speakers but they are not why this device so large.
50. Jarahawk (Posts: 43; Member since: 04 Dec 2011)
They are both huge. I mean how anyone planning to carry a phablet could be critical of size is mind boggling.
28. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1097; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
What information are you basing this "everybody else" off of? The HTC One had even thicker bezels than this and it's been selling very well.
Also, to me, the UI is just as important or sometimes even more important than the looks of a device. I've owned Samsung, HTC, LG, and Sony products. I must say that I'm quite tired of the TouchWiz UI on Samsung devices. It's too clunky and over ridden with unnecessary applications.
30. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
i like android because of htc.. HTC sense is the best software on android and if htc will not release next year a good phone I will switch to iphone if they release a 6 inch phone
31. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The most effective indicator used, sales.
38. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1097; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
And as I just stated, the sales of the HTC One are quite well which would seem to indicate that there are people out there interested in what HTC has to offer.
40. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
They are not that good or HTC would be bragging about a milestone by now.
41. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1097; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
You need to do more research before making opinions.
46. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Um that is not bragging. That is just making a claim that sales are good when good could mean s**t for Samsung. You really need to read before making opinions.
Of course I meant hard numbers in my previous statement. None of this 30% better than 2012 or 3x HTC one x bs. Like hard numbers. If they were that great they would say like 10 million sold or something.
I thought what I meant was obvious but I guess the people here can't read between the lines and need it spelled out for them.
Besides, even if HTC did say sell 10 million HTC one devices, that is still a 20 million difference between the GS4 so my original statement of "everybody else " has 30 million plus backing my statement up while you have HTC saying sales are "good" which could mean poor for everybody else except HTC backing up your statement. So please, come back with something better than that link tardy boy. Lol
36. maccess (Posts: 742; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
well at least you can just turn off all the "gimmick" if you don't need it.. and from what i've seen so far i think touchwiz on the note 3 doesn't have the "lag" like on the s4.. everything so fast and smooth without any single lag.. latest sdragon 800 with 3 gigs of ram really make this thing fly i think.. i bet this time touchwiz is neck a neck with sense in terms of fluidity and speed or even better because of the better spec on the note 3..
37. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
already samsung devices heat a lot ! good luck with SD 800 which heat your note 3 more
This year well have a new prize for the biggest bomb phone :D n stands for Nuclear bomb:P
42. maccess (Posts: 742; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
keep joking while you can.. it won't change the fact that the note 3 still the much superior phone and the phablet to beat this year..
39. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1097; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Yeah there's no lag because the system is running on a Snapdragon 800 processor. It still doesn't take away from the fact that system resources are used up by the UI more than they should be. It also still doesn't take away from the fact that the UI still feels clunky and overbearing at times. I like Samsung products and am a proud owner of the original Galaxy Note, but their UI has made me kind of turned off about wanting to buy the Note 3.
17. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I agree.. I don't see any massive bezel or waste of space here.
The speakers take up space as do the nav buttons.. aren't they on screen? I thought they were, like the Nexus.
For Firestarter.. OMG.. softkeys are NOT the way to go as far as I'm concerned. Hated them on my Nexus and was so happy to have dedicated keys back on my Note2.
21. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
They are not related to the screan.. I like these bottons because if the screen lag they don't unlike other on screen bottons
34. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Taters is a well known plastic troll. don't bother with a brainwashed or brainless (still to be confirmed) and most likely paid tosser.
43. maccess (Posts: 742; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
and you're is a well known samsung hater.. so wtf you're doin here??
7. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Guys it's 5.9 inch vs 5.68 not even 6.7 inch it should be bigger stop nagging!!
10. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lol that is Xperia Ultra Z and Lumia 920 level of super brickness. Way to suck even more than you already do HTC. Keep up the bad work and you will reach that bankruptcy goal that you are striving for.
35. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Yeah...because that is what is good for us consumers....one to rule them all ! long live the plastic king of phones sammmyyyy....
appalling and pathetic plastic troll..
13. Knightmare64 (Posts: 29; Member since: 11 Sep 2013)
SG Note 3 looks better and better everyday.
14. Samsungadroidrules (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
DESIGN= Note 3
SPECS= God, No doubt its Note 3
Performance= Note 3
Going to buy= Note 3!
Great Job Sammy for this Great Phablet!
That HTC Phablet is just like A Huge Version of the HTC One.
20. jove39 (Posts: 1779; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Well...Note is/was huge version of S2/S3/S4...I hope htc optimizes sense for large screens!
44. maccess (Posts: 742; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
at least the note series brings the s-pen and lots of its functionality to differ itself from just being a huge version of the galaxy s family..
15. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
i noticed that the galaxy note 3 looks like the note 1
22. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
Big galaxy s2! That's what i hate most about samsung beside the software
16. rizevnarastek (Posts: 347; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
What big size difference? NOTE 3 is 5.7" and the One Max is 5.9"... Looking at the pictures it's physically bigger only for one speaker. BoomSound and a bigger screen make the device bigger. It's only logical.
23. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
That's what i say but u know samsung fanboys if the max doesn't have 2 speakers it will be same size with bigger screen!
19. jove39 (Posts: 1779; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I want Note3 - twiz...what are odds of getting GPE of Note3?
24. Muayyad (Posts: 236; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
They should have done on screem buttons with this one
25. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
These bottons are better because the screen may lag and if they are on the screen they will lag 2..
29. djHidroid (Posts: 9; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
If I were into phablets I'd definitely consider the one max. The note 3 is nice as well but after switching from a GS3 to the one I definitely love having a premium build quality and speakers on the front of the phone. HTC has my full interest right now just like they did when the original evo came out for Sprint.
32. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
the main reason for not using SD 800 is that QUALCOMM won't supply SD 800 it's not because of it's cost or HTC doesn't want SD 800 see this link :
33. Immolate (Posts: 310; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
Front-facing stereo speakers are nice. If they could have found a way to reduce the length of the phone and to narrow the side bezels to make the Max similar in size to the Note3, I think they'd have a competitive device in the phablet market, at least to the extent that potential buyers are ambivalent or antagonistic toward the Note's stylus. For those who do value the stylus, whether they use it or not, the Max will be a hard sell.
45. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
One Max looks so ugly with its design now, it worked with the One, but now, just no
The Note 3 looks brilliant in its design and looks compact, and fresh, while One Max looks stale.
Note 3 anyday!
51. farazhassankhan (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jan 2014)
I don't how people would react but I didn't like Note 3 at all. In my country (Pakistan) Note 3 is Rs.72000 ($700). I used Note 3 for 10 days only and i was willing to kill myself for buying that worthless phone. I tried a lot to adapt myself to Touchwiz but Samsung disappointed me big time. Samsung is playing on all Marketing techniques and gimmicks. S-Pen, Air gesture, Air View, Smart Scroll bla bla are few of those useless features that I never felt a need to use.
And then I had to sell that ***t phone called Note 3 for $630. So I had to lose a lot of money just because not taking the right decision and for not buying HTC One Max.
I am more than satisfied since I have bought One Max. Way more beautiful looking device than Note 3. Way more than brilliant in performance overall than Note 3. One Max is full of handy feature that a user needs while using a phablet in daily routine.