HTC One Max fingerprint sensor confirmed by WSJ, release date pegged for October 15
0. phoneArena 08 Oct 2013, 03:43 posted on
There has been tremendous buzz on that front already, while leaked One Max pictures kept pouring with a mysterious square region underneath the rear camera that speculation pegged to be a fingerprint scanner, similar to the Apple iPhone 5s' new Touch ID technology. We even had an alleged tester of the One Max confirm he'd been using the fingerprint sensor for a few days already, and found it to be very accurate...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KParks23 (Posts: 484; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Will this thing hurry up and come out so i can see how tall it is with them boomsound speekers im worried it will be to tall for me to carry comfortably.
2. t1gran (Posts: 12; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)
Engadget says they've received 2 invitations: for Oct'16 in Hong Kong and for Oct'18 in Taiwan.
3. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3236; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
First paragraph says: "HTC are indeed going to plant a fingerprint sensor in its first tablet, called the HTC One Max."
HTC One Max is a tablet?
5. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 757; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
The fingerprint scanner looks ugly and mostly looks like it was a very late decision just to add one. Its a shame cause HTC for me has the best design on android phones.
6. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5146; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
So HTC got so desperate they had to copy Apple?
7. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I was thinking about posting a meaningful reply... But then I thought "heck his IQ won't be able to handle it anyways"
14. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5146; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Aka, I don't have a meaningful reply so I act like I did so I can look like I'm accomplishing something.
17. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Lol why should a bother replying to someone like you? I could work to prove you wrong any day. but spending time posting links (like for example the leaks for the HTC device before the 5S was launched) but again it won't past your thick skull into that empty husk you call brain. Now go back to your HTC like multitasking ;) your 100 years too early.
20. CRizzy (Posts: 2; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
Okay so the specs were leaked before the iPhone 5s was launched. Yes "launched". However the 5S already had rumors of that scanner back then the 5 was released. WAY before any leaks of the HTC phone. Thank you for confirming your stupidity.
21. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
So The HTC device copied a rumor? There where rumors about the iwach yet I don't see it materialize.... But we have the Galaxy watch, now when the iwatch "appears" all of a sudden then Samsung was copying apple because of rumors? Dream on
9. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4526; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Apple copied Android because the Motorola Atrix had the finger print sensor back in January of 2011. Do you even know what you speak of half the time?!?
Are you that far Apple butt that you just only speak pure diarrhea? lol
15. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5146; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
And the Droid copied several things from the iPhone when it first came out. What's your point?
16. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4526; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
No the iPhone/Apple copied the LG Prada. Man you really have no clue of what you speak of.
You must like to embarrass yourself right? That's why you always talk the crazy talk right?
19. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Are you seriously taking him? I mean like honestly? Even if the "droid" copied from apple just by looking at iOS you can tell who's the copycat nowadays
18. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Your argument was correct until you used the word droid... Then everything went downhill
8. newbey123 (Posts: 468; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
It's about freaking time HTC. Been holding my upgrade for 6 months waiting for the beast phablet to come out! Bring it on HTC, time to enter phablet land.
11. dspkblympkbl (Posts: 51; Member since: 23 May 2013)
I think all those different dates can make it the exact same time, due to the different time zones.
13. amats69 (Posts: 1184; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
We dont need leaks htc! We need the official announcement!