HTC One Max and Sense 5.5 logs hint you can launch apps with your fingerprints
0. phoneArena 10 Oct 2013, 09:36 posted on
Judging from a leaked log from the One Max, the scanner can quick start different apps when touched with the tip of your digit. If we tie this info with the fingerprint app or manual iconography that leaked today, not only your index finger or thumb, but all digits can be assigned to it, hinting that we might be able to program each finger to launch a different app directly - from secret video stash, to the music player, for a total of ten, if you don't count your toes or cat paws...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rawbow (Posts: 394; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
We do launch apps with our fingertips yo :P But i see the point of it. Pretty good application if it works that way.
7. noler (Posts: 148; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Now we can launch bad apps with our middle finger.
12. asulect (Posts: 130; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
I wonder if it's more appriopiate for HTC to name this phone HTC One Finger
3. frrboom (Posts: 9; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
I think one thing is wrong in the article, it says "Touch fingerprint scanner". On the pic it says "Swipe the fingerprint reader on the back of the phone", so prob there is a Swipe sensor and not a touch.
5. frrboom (Posts: 9; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
Sure you can but its diffrent kind of sensors. Toucn sensor=Iphone 5s Swipe sensor=Motorola Atrix
6. dratomic (Posts: 332; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
secretly taking pictures or videos would be an awesome feature :))
9. asulect (Posts: 130; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Too bad you still have to point your phone at your subject.
8. Owlet (Posts: 445; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
One more news about the One Max and I won't be able to stand it anymore, I swear. When can I buy this thing?
10. amats69 (Posts: 791; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Im excited for this beast but i need an official unveiling!
13. stealthd (Posts: 818; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
This seems like one of those features that seems really cool at first and then immediately seems impractical. I really don't see trying to use different fingers for different purposes to be convenient or useful. I could see a lot of people trying to unlock with one hand and use the pinky and then dropping their phone.