HTC One (M8) vs Sony Xperia Z2 screen comparison video
0. phoneArena 25 Mar 2014, 12:52 posted on
We already gave you the scientific proof that the HTC One (M8) has a vibrant screen that is somewhat too generous when spilling above and beyond the standard RGB color gamut. The 5-inch 1080p display is thus exhibiting colors that are oversaturated, albeit not to the extent that we associate with Samsung's Super AMOLED displays, for instance. Still, oversaturation means appealing colors that "pop" when you look at the screen, but might be a turn-off for screen purists, or if you are using a feature that requires more credible colors, like shopping for clothes online...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
38. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Maybe in dream..
One is better with ips 3..
2. Amir1 (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
Sony has arrived my friends! most impressive phone of 2014!
4. Commentator (Posts: 2350; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Yeah, it looks like the Z2 is the phone of the first half of 2014.
Makes me glad I went with the Nexus 5 when I did, though. Nothing so far has been anything more than a slight upgrade on last year's tech.
I'm looking forward to autumn, and the Nexus 6, G3, iPhone 6, Xperia Z3 (?), and Note 4.
20. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1229; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Oh yeah, this year so far all the phones are just a refreshed of the last year's flagships. However, for someone like me still rocking an old school Nexus 4, any of these phones will be a major upgrade haha. I am waiting for the Z2 to come on the market in the U.S. ... I just don't know if it will come out in the AT&T at all or not...
13. Arte-8800 (Posts: 4058; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
will be selling my Z for Z2, love that Z2, Z is great but battery dose not last long.
24. SonyPS4 (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Z2 basically improved all negative parts of Z1. Much better screen and viewing angle, speaker, smaller bezel, camera software.
3. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Where are those who called me troll?
Now you see that Z2 has killed M8 just as it has arrived.
41. Calm_down_mon (Posts: 35; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
I AM SORRY I CANT HEAR YOU OVER THE BOOMSOUND.
47. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Check your ears and then you will hear me.
Of course you must check your eyes be cause you are supposed to read the comments, not hearing them.
5. Antimio (Posts: 182; Member since: 11 Nov 2013)
theres a nice surprise in the Google Play Store, havent you checked?
7. Commentator (Posts: 2350; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
A Nexus Charging Accessory! Nice!
30. Ashoaib (Posts: 1583; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Z2 > < htc one > < S5... all has pros n cons... the only matter of fact is that none of them can beat Htc one in stellar looks
34. Arte-8800 (Posts: 4058; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Z2 looks much sexier and modern than ugly curves which ruins the phone
is your tv at home has curves or is is sharp rectangles
36. Klamba92 (Posts: 195; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
But think about the ergonomics the new HTC one will be better to hold and looks great still one of the best looking phones. However yes the Z2 looks great as well bit if the z, and z1 a are any indication it was not ergonomic those sharp edges made it annoying to hold IMO!
37. Arte-8800 (Posts: 4058; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
better than rocking side to side when left on the table and trying to text or browse its flipin awkward
lumia925 nokis1520 opp7 these are very similar to the z2 but light curves, those devices look modern slick sexy , but the htcm8 does not represent modern looks
every concept phones have sharp edges, its contemporary stylish. htc does not represent slickness
45. sennarose88 (Posts: 53; Member since: 18 Jun 2009)
Both devices look sexy and premium. Z2 matches your living room gadgets with its rectangular and gloss look, while the One matches your watch/another wearable accessories with its curves and shiny look.
At least both of them don't look like a band aid.
48. limporgyuk (Posts: 137; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
I don't hold my tv in my hand fool. For a definitive answer we will just wait and see who wins the most design awards.
8. robert26101 (Posts: 74; Member since: 21 Mar 2014)
But Z2 doesn't even have a release date for the U.S. and if it does it will be a Tmoble exclusive. Im not leaving At&t for a phone.
11. LeBrownJames (Posts: 84; Member since: 17 Mar 2014)
Sony is getting better and better. Now they have the best display which was their weakness before. Just a bit more faster on updates and Z2 will be the best phone this year.!
15. neartx (banned) (Posts: 86; Member since: 15 Mar 2014)
htc one > sony z2
sony display always crap and in z2 you see it,s crap again this video made by a sony fan
17. LeBrownJames (Posts: 84; Member since: 17 Mar 2014)
How can you say that the video was made by a Sony fan? it said that both have strengths and weakness in their display so it's not bias. You're just an HTC fanboy.
18. pwnarena (Posts: 847; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
nope. he appears to be a samsung fan. watch his other videos. usually, samsung fans are against sony.
19. milos (Posts: 38; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
a bit off topic, but can you replace battery on Z2 like on S5 ?
23. pwnarena (Posts: 847; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
you can send it to a service center. they will replace it for you for a fee:)
31. Ashoaib (Posts: 1583; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Well, you can send s5 to your ownself or your own hand... your own hands will do the job... try it ;)
50. pyradark (Posts: 753; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
get ready to burn another house for using a cheap battery backup
26. JMartin22 (Posts: 770; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
The 1080p AMOLED screen seems better than any of these phones really, based on accuracy and saturation anyway. The new HTC One gives an even more poor color representation than last year, yet, can't match saturation potential of AMOLED anyway
32. Ashoaib (Posts: 1583; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
SuperAmoled plus is not coming back in near future bcoz of durability issue
33. ToxiD (Posts: 41; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
You mean AMOLED oversaturation that burns eyes lol...
35. Arte-8800 (Posts: 4058; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
but it looks more vivid full of contrast and vibrant vs natural untoned
when your born does your body has any structure no, you go to gym and shapen and tone it, thats what amoled is modified
40. Arte-8800 (Posts: 4058; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Hey taters why the hate so much?
I mean I hate Apple as a company, but there products are ok, but like the iP5s. I also don't like WP cause of tiles and less features and very restricted platform.
Why you dislike Htc,,,,,?
42. therons (Posts: 7; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Z2 clearly wins...Anyway i love HTC one than M8. M8 is more ugly..
44. zachattack (Posts: 550; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Phone arena is way too biased and they hate on a lot of phones including Z2. So I'll be smart and not give a damn about what they think