HTC One (M8) unboxing and hands-on
0. phoneArena 25 Mar 2014, 10:16 posted on
We were lucky to get a brief hands-on time with the new HTC One handset, which just got announced with a so-called Duo Camera that has a two-lens system, redesigned chassis, and a brand new Sense 6.0 interface. Our initial impressions are largely positive, so check out the fine details below, if you are interested in learning more about the new HTC flagship...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
8. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
Beats Audio is gone?
18. quakan (Posts: 1293; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I believe they bought their stake back from HTC awhile back.
22. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
But that doesn't mean they can't use it.
19. KParks23 (Posts: 512; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Meh it looks good but I'm passing 2gb of ram and the small battery and same camera with all that wasted space on the phone why use on screen buttons if ur still going to have . 5 inch of black space at the bottom for the HTC logo.. Only phone that's impressed me so far is the z2!
4. chunky1x (Posts: 270; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
I don't really like non removable battery phones but this thing is beautiful.
6. papss (unregistered)
Wonder when att will get it?
24. newbey123 (Posts: 519; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
You can order online at AT&T today starting at 1 ET. Wifey is ordering both of ours on AT&T! :-)
7. cai4651 (Posts: 26; Member since: 09 Mar 2014)
2014...and 4mp Camera...LOL . What about that shame twit? HAHAHA
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9879; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm done with HTC. Galaxy S5 here I come.
21. KParks23 (Posts: 512; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
I don't see where the s5 is any better only the z2 has been able to impress me so far and I still wasn't blown away being on vzw I'm going to have to pick something soon cuz this S3 is a POS and I can't stand it anymore not sure if I can wait for the G3
23. Carlitos (Posts: 434; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
From i can see the s5 is water/dust resistant Bigger screen, and a bigger battery while still being smaller. It also has what seems so far a superior camera. The s5 not only has a higher megapixel count but it also has a very interesting technology inside. On top of that the s5 has those nifty camera features the m8 has without having ato add an entire new camera hole.
25. KParks23 (Posts: 512; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Agreed the m8 does have its high points tho build quality "IMO" a better screen and so on.. On the flip side after owning a s3 since launch I will never buy another samsung phone I absolutely hate this thing with a passion!
9. amenx (Posts: 20; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
...this device can't save HTC. Maybe the UltraPixel camera is enough for them, but not for us. And, yeah, I do crop lots and lots of pictures. Sorry, HTC, but using the same camera means "flop".
14. robert26101 (Posts: 104; Member since: 21 Mar 2014)
Who is this us? You got a mouse in your pocket? How about waiting for the camera to be tested before you start bashing it.
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9879; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Same 4MP resolution = bad photos when zoomed in.
10. robert26101 (Posts: 104; Member since: 21 Mar 2014)
Yep this is the phone im getting. No galaxy S5 for me.
11. apple4never (Posts: 1046; Member since: 08 May 2013)
theres no point in an unboxing, we've pretty much seen everything on this phone
12. Scarambay (Posts: 69; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
The 2013 One was more beautiful than this. This still looks good compared to Galaxy S5 though.
13. Carlitos (Posts: 434; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
IThe phone did not blow the s5 or the z2 out if the water. As a matter offactfrom what I can tell they are all equal is not the m8 a little below. Yes its aluminum and such, but its heavier, bigger in every dimension than the s5 even though it has a smaller screen and a smaller battery. Plus the 4mp camera is um.....let me hold my judgment but, it's still 4mp still very low. And you might think the new one would be water proof or something, but no. I dont think this device will do it for HTC in my honest opinion.
17. bkzebraphone (Posts: 37; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
This is pretty good phone don't get me wrong but 2600mah battery? Idk about that. Plus I think it's overpriced IMO. Especially the GPE which comes out to like $700. I'll just get OnePlus One or Sony Xperia Z2 then.
20. almostdone (Posts: 177; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Style over function.
* Same 4MP UltraPixelated Camera.
* Bigger and heavier.
* Slippery so people will wrap in a plastic/rubber case (defeats the object of beauty).
* Only a slightly higher capacity battery which is going to give about the same battery life due to faster cpu and bigger screen.
26. edmundzea (Posts: 7; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)
I'm more concerned about the battery though and 4mp in 2014 will jus give a wrong impression even though their dual camera functionality os interesting
28. marshalmin (Posts: 5; Member since: 13 Sep 2013)
It's look like a close up metal Dil-do , just look at the back . shiny round rectangle .
I will never ever touch this phone .
Thats for insulting Samsung .