HTC One (M8) teardown praises the aluminum chassis, still gives it 2/10 repairability score
0. phoneArena 26 Mar 2014, 07:04 posted on
In order to get to the battery, you have to remove the whole motherboard, but the 2600 mAh unit provides plenty of endurance as it is, since it topped all 5-inchers in our battery test. The folks at iFix it say that the low-power sensor set that HTC uses in the One M8 are one of the reasons for such a stellar performance. The display panel also turned out pretty hard to pull out, but HTC gives you one free replacement, if you crack it in the first six months, so that's a slight relief...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
O wait so the M8 is made of METAL and not cheap Aluminium, wow thats even great....
2. pwnarena (Posts: 1001; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
oh wait aluminum is not metal? let me get some references...
3. Commentator (Posts: 2557; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
That's like saying polycarbonate isn't plastic.
4. Lampriya (banned) (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
lol. u don't even know what metal is...
10. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
metal is harder than alum, and its stronger
21. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I know that, i was clarifying the quality between glass,
sapphire glass is better than gorrila glass
read post 12
no need for the insult, did i piss you off or your short tempered, or your personality is like that ...?
do you need help?
28. Commentator (Posts: 2557; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
It would help if you specified which type of metal is better than aluminum, rather than vaguely stating "metal."
33. UglyFrank (Posts: 637; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Gorilla Glass isn't even glass, it is a well designed plastic.
37. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4123; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Aluminum is metal, though. Mercury is a metal too, but it's liquid at room temperature, does that make it any less of a metal? Of course not. Do you not understand chemistry?
5. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Does it matter? I just looked at the drop test and it doesn't do so well in the scuff resistant category. It looks uglier than scratched plastic.
And before people call me a Samsung troll I would still buy it over the S5. But let's wait for the G3 before we start crowning anyone.
12. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
plastic is classed as cheap, do you have plastic dinning table or chairs at home ....? or wood or glass, gives and makes it more touchy..
italian marble and furniture and clothes cars are better .... are classy
oak is better than wood
19. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2873; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Metal is harder than aluminum, oak is better than wood. You're full of classic lines. Keep the entertaining lines flowing.
24. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
That guy is a joke, He tells about cheap, but he has just a feature phone!!! oh man that's sad
27. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
what feature phone, ..?
i have a
note3 N9000 NON LTE non European Exynos A15
35. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
A note3?!?!?! what a f#$@ are you talking about cheap aluminium?!?!?!
6. true1984 (Posts: 597; Member since: 23 May 2012)
that was aluminum alloy, not regular aluminum
7. alex88ucv (Posts: 36; Member since: 05 Mar 2014)
please tell me you are sarcastic..otherwise i am sorry for you:))
22. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Oh man, you don´t even know what is metal!!!! Have you heard about periodic table??go to school
9. Lampriya (banned) (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
5" screen with only 2600mha. hmm wreak point. And no fingerprint sensor
13. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
and no CarlZeiss optics and Xneon flash
30. alex88ucv (Posts: 36; Member since: 05 Mar 2014)
The Zeiss Optics is a Nokia exclusive feature in the smartphone camera industry
32. papss (unregistered)
Sporting it right now on my 1520...
14. Dude2014 (Posts: 195; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Not sure if serious or trolling. Have you read the news about battery test? It beats all flagships out there including LG G2 which was considered as the best battery phone. Fingerprint scanner? For what?
15. Lampriya (banned) (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
Phone arena battery test is not based on actual usage but they relied on Java script. even the iPhone 5s has it, the s5 had it. For what?
17. true1984 (Posts: 597; Member since: 23 May 2012)
true i usually go with gsmarena's battery test
34. Hyperreal (Posts: 135; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
in gsmarena test it scored 71 hours the same as note 3 so go home trolls.
31. papss (unregistered)
I've read multiple test where it does quite well.. They have used the phone, have you? If not then you are speculating while theirs is based off fact
16. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1514; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Trolling. I saw her before, she got banned.
38. Taters (Posts: 3654; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lol an absolute mess inside like a predicted. No wonder HTC products have such high failure rates. They just randomly stack things on top of each other.
The sad part is that they still couldn't make it smaller than a phablet. Very poor engineering.