HTC One M8 mini to be available in May in HTC's home country
0. phoneArena 14 Apr 2014, 07:00 posted on
The One M8 mini is expected to be launched in Taiwan starting May. This could mean that HTC will announce the new handset in the near future...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mercorp (Posts: 1026; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Make sure that it is like z1 compact.Unless the phone is significantly cheaper.
2. mercorp (Posts: 1026; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Essentialy an htc desire 816 mini....
Will it be the plastic m8?
Pray not.Sony is the trendsetter of mini smartphone flagships.
10. FCB-Eto (Posts: 36; Member since: 17 Aug 2013)
Sorry that trend was started by Sony long before there was even the S2,there was the xperia x10 then the was the x10 mini. Also sk17 mini pro with a qwerty keyboard that slid sideways so don't come and say Samsung started a trend without facts.
11. tech2 (Posts: 3425; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Do you know what 'trend' means ? He didn't say 'first' but 'trend' which are two different word with different meaning.
Now tell me this if Sony started the 'trend of mini flagships' why didn't they FOLLOW through in 2011 and all of a sudden came back in 2013 (Xperia mini isn't a mini version of FLAGSHIP) ? Trend essentially means to initiate in a direction and FOLLOW it (Source: Wikipedia)
And why LG, Sony and HTC started releasing their mini versions of their flagships since Samsung started with S3 ? Because Samsung started the TREND OF MINI FLAGSHIPS
4. skinny95black (Posts: 113; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
It went slae unlees they leave this stupid habit of pricing thier phone like iphones in saudi arabia when the m7 and the s4 came In the same time they had the same price tag monthes later the s4 dropped to 1900 and m7 still with lunch price 2700 why do they price their phones this high if they wanted a market share they should make their prices more appealing like lg g2 had a lunch price of 2100 I was actually suprised at the price and if had the money I'll buy it no doubt but let's hope htc think about their prices a second time
5. mercorp (Posts: 1026; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Yes,the Galaxy s3 mini of late 2012.
followed by s4mini and m7mini.
But they were at best mid-rangers with grand names.
Z1 compact is the true supermini.
6. tiara6918 (Posts: 2034; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Probably this one is gonna have the same price as the one mini before
7. vincelongman (Posts: 4240; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
4.5" screen on a Mini phone? Does that mean 4" screens are nano phones now?
The M8 Mini is gonna be basically the same size as the M7
8. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Pretty sad that the mini versions of flagship devices still have huge screen. 3 years ago, 4" screen is like the biggest one you can get... Now even mini is like psh... I want to be bigger than that.
15. vincelongman (Posts: 4240; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I wish OEMs would make 3 different sizes with the same specs
12. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
That only applies to suck t c, Sony, and Nokia.
Real manufacturers can make small phones regardless of how big the screen is.
Have you played with a moto x or moto g? They have 4.7 inch and 4.5 inch screens but are just as easy to handle as a iPhone 5/5s. The moto x is actually pretty much the same size as the Xperia Z1 compact.
14. vincelongman (Posts: 4240; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Yes I know its not just about the screen size, I love the Xperia ZL design
But this is HTC, the Mini will probably still have the extra bezel as HTC are incapable of design a small display connector
9. NotAGeek (Posts: 279; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I hope they will ditch the htc logo,this phone has to be compact
13. ILikeBubbles (Posts: 525; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
with these specs... i'd be ok with swapping my HTC One for one of these..i think.. should be good. :)