HTC One (M8) is the first U.S. smartphone to support carrier aggregation
0. phoneArena 25 Mar 2014, 22:03 posted on
The HTC One (M8) was unveiled and launched, both taking place on Tuesday. And, it also is the first smartphone to support carrier aggregation, which is used on LTE-Advanced networks. The aggregation "stitches together" two downlink transmissions which essentially increases the speed of the signal, and increases its strength...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Kishin (Posts: 678; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Nice and all but it will fail against the Z2 and the S5..
2. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
your a samsung paid troll everyone knows you here.
14. fzacek (Posts: 2351; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
No, Kishin's right, the One M8 is a failure compared to the S5 and Z2.
36. b1acktiger (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Is that the phone god who wrote that comment ? C'mon dude.
41. downphoenix (Posts: 2561; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
yes, because Samsung is bankrolling online trolls to defend its honor on websites!
40. Nexus_bear (Posts: 32; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
What does releasing software into the play store have to do with how your personal opinions on other manufacturers?
You don't even give any explanation to your undeveloped thought. What will fail against the Z2 and S5. And how will it fail? But it doesn't matter because the article has to do with how HTC is releasing their software for whom ever wants to utilize it.
Undeveloped and pointless statement
4. aayupanday (Posts: 541; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
This phone survives the water test!
8. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Do you really believe that there are not demages on this phone??? LOL
Do not link this video because if all the 20-30 ppl that will buy this phone , try the same at home, will search for you, after this test.:)
5. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
1)Bad, bad , bad camera
2)Size and weight like Note 3 , but display smaller even than S5
3)Not the best version of S801
4)Not water and dust proof like Z2 and S5
(the non-swappable battery I will not mention even)
And this mumbo-jumbo "premium aluminum" or "even more metal" , is pathetic.
The "stunning" All New HTC One (lol) will sell even less than the original , there are real reasons for that
7. Commentator (Posts: 2615; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
You just mentioned the non-swappable battery.
9. rkaahean (Posts: 6; Member since: 23 Mar 2014)
'Not the best version of S801'? Is that even a reason to hate a phone. Other than the crappy camera, this is a pretty awesome phone. Haters gonna hate.
12. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
If the SoC was the only reason, I woudn't call this phone - flop.
Besides I do not hate the phone. It's still OK phone.
I hate the manipulators here , that are iphone users pretending to be android lovers. And they even win the polls.
37. b1acktiger (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 May 2012)
It actually is a water resistant. Dont know about the camera. But what i hearing from the childhood is, aluminum weighs more than plastic.
39. DigitalJedi_X2 (banned) (Posts: 346; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
Seriously... WHO CARES about the weight of the phone?? Are you that much he sissy man that the phone will be too heavy for you? Or too big because you have baby hands?
No one cares that you don't like the phone. You're not going to change anyone's mind. Go troll along someplace else with the rest of your fellow Samsung lovers. Its people like you that make others hate Samsung.
And if removable batteries were such a huge problem, the iPhone and other devices with non removable batteries wouldn't sell millions of devices. Non removable batteries is only the bane of the tech geek. The average consumer couldn't care less about if a phone has a removable battery or not.
6. zachattack (Posts: 604; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
It won't beat the Z2, but the s5? Lets be honest with ourselves.... lol.
11. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
OK, Lets be honest about S5 :
1) Great 5.1" AMOLED display with 2nits up to 500 nits brightness and no reflection , make it the best outdoor display yet. Plus the colorful and natural color modes and the greatest contrast
2) Smaller thinner lighter device than new HTC One , even with a bit bigger display
3)The version of S801 is better than HTC One
4) Bigger battery than HTC One , (Yet to see if the power saving features of HTC One mach to the unique S5 power saving features)
5)Water and dust resistant (just do not link me this fake video on you tube)
6) New tech camera on S5 that HTC should be ashamed .
7) Dual antena new Wi-FI and dounload-booster
25. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
PapaSmurc - Well known samsung troll ( and 12 years of age)
The-sailor-man - member since yesterday, probably posting direct from the BIG samsung R&D center where they spend 50 billion a year to find good names for plastic.
For you my darling trolls and the other let's have a few things clear : 80 CORE processor, 50 gig of ram and 50 mp camera won't change the ugliness the S5 unfortunately is. It is so dam ugly that even you pathetic trolls \ fanboys don't stand the smallest chance in defending it.
I KNOW ITS HARD, to see other manufacturers apart from yr beloved constantly releasing beautiful devices... but who knows...keep believing.. maybe one day you will actually have a device to be pround of, till then, please take a chill pill and less trolling. It's pathetic, really !
P.s. smurc please tell us about what other gadgets u have in the house and how well yr doing on Yr 2 paid jobs...thatwill def make u sound more mature than 12
26. Cicero (Posts: 601; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
It took to you some time to copy and paste the same comment on all the articles here. Take tour time and think the same way to all the phones. Enjoy life and diversification (also opinions and what other loves-fan).
38. Galen20K (Posts: 521; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
Yes it includes all of that but you're forgetting the m8 has features and aspects not included on/in the GS5, that device just is not for me. Having said that honestly, they're both Extremely Premium andn high end and doubtful anybody would be disappointed with either choice. You want a better camera, go with GS5. Do you want a Premium build quality and Lightning fast response, go with the m8. Let's be honest, all of us know what we're getting into when we make a choice.
28. istitch (Posts: 174; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
im not a samsung fan, in fact i had bad impression with them... but that doesnt change the fact that m8 hardly beat the s5, minus the design.
10. newbey123 (Posts: 486; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Awesome phone, best android option for the year. Power and beauty, rare combination. Good job HTC.
17. Taters (Posts: 3690; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
CAT 4 on the GS5 is different I guess? But either way, the GS5 write/read/download speeds will smoke this.
20. LikeMyself (Posts: 336; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
The S5 has a larger screen and is still smaller(it's in fact wider 73mm vs 70mm). So the new One is in fact easier to hold since it's less wide and wtf: Didn't know that 5.1" vs 5.0" has so much difference in screen size. U really know tech very well. 5.1" is actually so larger that the LG G2 feels too small!
If you use plastic, you're expected to be much smaller compared to glass and aluminum. This is why the LG G2 remains 3rd best(or actually better than except for epic fail no micro sd slot) behind Z2 and new One. And now Sammy lovers actually loving Sony phones. That's indeed a very good news for the world!
22. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Let's be more clear;
Dimensions 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm
Weight 145 g
HTC One M8
Dimensions 146.4 x 70.6 x 9.4 mm
Weight 160 g
And this thickness and weigh with smaller battery. LOL . And 4.4mm longer.
Z2 is even bigger brick. But not such total flop like the HTC One M8, because have better features.
Which phone is first , which is the last we'll see very soon.
27. true1984 (Posts: 632; Member since: 23 May 2012)
so why does weight matter? let alone 15 grams?
32. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 777; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
15 grams of cocaine is a LOT... On a serious note the ONE M8 is a big phone, S5 is a big phone, Z2 is a big phone. 2-3 extra millimetres makes almost no difference when the phone isn't wide as wide as the note 3 is. Trolls and haters will say anything just to make their day happier knowing they won an online battle that no average user gives a s**t about. Its not a coincidence that new HTC ads are trolling the online trolls. Everyone is sick of them. Dont like it? Fine. But dont be an ass making people be s**t just cause you hate it.
35. true1984 (Posts: 632; Member since: 23 May 2012)
finally some sense. especially when the only real gripe people had was the camera
42. Taters (Posts: 3690; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Only HTC and Sony fans say mm don't matter. Speak for yourself. Every bit matters and that is why Apple and Samsung succeed because they know it is in the details.
24. Slammer (Posts: 1192; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
If memory serves me correctly, the galaxy S5 also supprots carrier aggregation as well in the bands for AT&T.
30. papss (unregistered)
John read the article
29. python111 (Posts: 12; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Eh, it's always hard to convince trolls, but not until they have had their hands on the M8, people this device is ergonomically built it says 9.3 mm in thickness because that's the thickest part of the device, the M7 had the same thickness but nobody noticed because it's the design and ingenuity of HTC here, not plastic and glass brick the Xperia is uncomfortable in the hand eventually you will realize this and then say oh I wish I had bought the M8. Keep hatin and starin' the next time you see an M8 on the table next to you it will shine in your right eye like sunrays
31. papss (unregistered)
Wow the low mp camera has brought the hate..
I think the s5 will be a great phone but I've always hated "me too" people and every time I hear the water drip sound from a phone I know someone has a SS aka me too device. Same reason I don't like iPhones.
sometimes a phone is more than its parts hence my love for nokia/wp and I hope the new one gives me the same feeling.
33. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 777; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
S5 will have a better camera, S5 will be waterproof. ONE M8 will be more prettier and more ergonomical in hand. ONE M8 will have better speakers. Everything else is close enough. 5.1 vs 5.0. Sense vs touchwiz. And the list goes on. Both of them good phones. Whats more important to you? Cool, then dont be a hater. I dont like how the S5 looks, but its one hell of a phone, just not for me. Some of you just need to grow up.
43. guitarpete987 (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Jul 2014)
No phone I have ever tried has smoother, stutter- and lag- free operation and as usable a UI as the M8. This thing is a joy to use.