HTC One (M8) gets a pompous LCD screen, has larger color gamut than iPhone 5s and Nexus 5
0. phoneArena 25 Mar 2014, 10:45 posted on
Along with an enhanced, metal chassis and a bunch of new additions under the hood, the new HTC One (2014) has also gotten a larger, 5" display with superior quality, compared to what its predecessor offered...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. JMartin22 (Posts: 1245; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
I guess that's why that crap is better than the crap HTC is using
7. JMartin22 (Posts: 1245; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
And certainly AMOLED> this HTC screen.
At least the former can maintain a vivid display while having the choice to remain close to true standard RBG
9. LikeMyself (Posts: 302; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
Yes it's really awesome.But I like LCD as well! But I'm leaving Amoled screen and going with an LCD (One or Z2 or G3???) coz my S2 amoled is currrently burning my eyes.I don't know why. Opto said my eyes are good, but this screen just burning my eyes!
I have no problems playing with my friend's iphone's LCD though. Well all humans are different!
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Note 3/S4/S5 on movie mode. Google it.
Btw, stop thumbing up your comments with your second account. It's getting old and it's really lame.
19. akki20892 (Posts: 3652; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Btw, stop commenting on my comments with your crap thought. It's getting old and it's really lame.
20. JMartin22 (Posts: 1245; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Later Android versions after 4.2 have brought color reproduction improvements on the S4 and better display hardware in the Note 3 and forward really nullify your trollastic comment
3. JMartin22 (Posts: 1245; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Lol, it's no surprise that manufactures that weren't Apple have been trying to imitate the vivid potential of AMOLED with their LCDs. Neither the original HTC One or LG G2 were natural either, yet these companies marketed them as such because they used an LCD.
8. amenx (Posts: 20; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
Erica Griffin will give us the best review ever. 110% color gamut is sh!t. Not good at all.
13. loveHEAVYMETAL (unregistered)
wait wait~~ it not the lg g2 has over 100% gamut??
14. cai4651 (Posts: 26; Member since: 09 Mar 2014)
And remember that the New AMOLED panel in the S5 have 500 nits of brightness , that is as bright as an LCD Panel.... and like 150 nits more than S4 panel .
So i really want to try S5 display in movie mode ....that is more accurate than default
22. nedooo (Posts: 16; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
So it wil burn in a month or two...or you can just show off maybe couple times in a mont to keep it conservated for a year or two...
Major flaw, that only a fool would agree on such compromise...
15. josephnero (Posts: 325; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Still smaller gamut than Z2.also i guess like last year JDI will be HTC's supplier
16. edmundzea (Posts: 7; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)
I am using an hyc one av , I wonder when I this monster coming yo Zimbabwe ,
17. Anshulonweb (Posts: 363; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
holding my breath for the greatest and baddest showdown between HTC one and xperia z2
21. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 792; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
No comparison with Sony Xperia Z2?