HTC One (M8) Duo Camera explained: always-on “refocus”
0. phoneArena 25 Mar 2014, 10:44 posted on
Last year's HTC One stood out of the crowd – it chose a 4-megapixel resolution with bigger pixel size, instead of what rivals opted for – 8 to 13-megapixels on a sensor of similar physical size. HTC called this “UltraPixel” camera and claimed it will offer superior quality, especially in low light. Although most critics opinions didn't praise it, HTC chose to use it again in this year's One. Resolution hasn't changed, but the camera now has a sidekick, in the form of a secondary lens/sensor combo, used for collecting depth of field information...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. surethom (Posts: 620; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
The sensor is the same four megapixel backside, NO NO NO, the output photo Is just Too small .
Massive shame & mistake, it should have been 6 megapixel ultrapixel), apart from this I love the phone :(
No OIS is also a No No, prefer OIS to changing the focus after the photo is taken.
2. Astoni (Posts: 649; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Extremely unsharp pics, even the HTC one wasn't this bad. I hope for HTC's sake these pics are 100% to show effect and 0% care of quality when taken.
8. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 413; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
They're all so out of focus (not just the ones that are supposed to be). The subjects are stretched on the sides and they're just crappy photos! And these are the factory photos!
3. Ubi2447 (Posts: 131; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
God what a shame. Looks like I'm waiting for the LG G3 :/
4. SlowPoison77 (Posts: 27; Member since: 30 Nov 2013)
1st thing HTC one 2013 pics are not that bad, its good. and if this is dual cam then the final output pic will be better so 4mp with dual camera is ok, OIS is not possible with dual camera.
i m ready for upgrade, bring it in INDIA
5. hafini_27 (Posts: 881; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
Most of these are gimmicks. Still the camera, why HTC?
6. tasior (Posts: 265; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
That's pretty unusual thinking.
People were complaining, about our camera quality. Solution?
Lets put two cameras in next model. That will help...
7. sergiobr (Posts: 696; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
The article says ... "by adding artistic out-of-focus blur effect " who cares ???? I want some good photos that I can expand to see details, simple like that htc !
9. edmundzea (Posts: 7; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)
Nokia Refocus!" Alternatively, you might be
shouting about Samsung's Selective Focus , that comes
with the Galaxy S5 , or Sony's Background Focus that's
in the Xperia Z2, or LG's Magic Focus in the G Pro 2," Nokia refocus sounds cooler
10. Ikechukwu (Posts: 201; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
You nailed it, Nokia Refocus does even a better job without using dual cameras.
12. pravakarkfl (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Apr 2016)
how to enable blur mode on one_M8 ? also when it gets os 6 upgrade.