HTC One (M8) AnTuTu, Quadrant and other benchmark scores
0. phoneArena 25 Mar 2014, 10:54 posted on
The new HTC One (M8) will have two Snapdragon 801 chipset versions for different geographical regions. The US and Europe will be getting the 2.3 GHz variant, with the same Qualcomm MSM8974AB processor that is in the Xperia Z2, while Asia will be shaking it with a 2.5 GHz MSM8974AC chipset, like the one in the Galaxy S5...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TechFreak123 (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
MSM8974AB processor with 2GB LPDDR2 RAM is not at all future proof.
2. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Not as futureproof as he S5 Octa (Exynos 5422), that's for sure
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
They used the same DDR2 RAM from last year. :/
9. sgodsell (Posts: 3346; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
They should have used LPDDR3-1600 ram on newer smartphones.
17. JMartin22 (Posts: 1940; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
LDDR4 is going to be reserved for the Note 4 the earliest or the S6 the latest, that's what I think. It will be faster and more energy efficient to the battery.
18. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4274; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Anandtech says they used DDR3 this year.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The G2 and Z1 did better than the M8 in half the tests...
19. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4274; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yeah, something is wrong. The G Pro 2 lost to the Z1 and G2 as well.
8. sgodsell (Posts: 3346; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
So tell me why did the HTC design for the HTC one win all kinds of awards for 2013? Even phonearena gave the award to the HTC one for the best designed smartphone for 2013, along with numerous others.
22. tjdcks1245 (Posts: 5; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)
whatever people doesn't buy H!T!C!
and HTC design is suck
23. tjdcks1245 (Posts: 5; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)
did you see the ifixit htc exploded view?
did you see the anyother samsung exploded view?
htc doesn't have any technical skills
7. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1373; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
My LGG2 rocks in the benchmarks, in REAL life usage it lags lots of times, when i open 5-6 apps it lags even more. I don't think benchmarks mean anything when real life usage does not represent them. The iphone 4S which is crap in benchmarks outperforms my G2 in real life usage as I have tested it with a friend.
10. Astoni (Posts: 649; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
LG g2 is pretty smooth alteast the one i tried.. and it Kinda sh*ts on 4s in terms of preformance, also it has a FHD screen not Sub-hd..
The only thing 4s has over g2 is beauty of the build and premium feel...
It feels like you're lying your a** off on this post since you're Apple all the way.
But yes benchmarks dosen't mean sh*t, of course its nice if the phone scores 30k while a cheaper phones score only 5k cause that means it will run a hell of alot better on games but dosen't mean it will drain 2x bettery and lagg on norma UI interface. (not saying G2 drains battery since it has nr.1 betterytime of smartphones yet)
13. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1373; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
I have G2 for over 4 months. I tested it next to 4S and 4S doesnt lag as much as my G2 does. How am I apple fan when I sold the iphone 5 to get the G2 which i love so much? Unlike you I am open minded and I would buy WP8, iOS, android if I like it.
15. Astoni (Posts: 649; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Sorry but 5/6 posts i've seen from you so far has been Pure Fanboy BS..
how do you know I'm not "open minded" as you say?. Do you even know what platforms i use at all?.
I currently own Z1,Ipad gen 4 (waiting for next gen Air) an older 4s still on ios 6 cause i havent used it since i switched from 4s to GS3 later z1 (never said it lagged btw (4s)) also soon getting a newely ordered 520 cause i need a cheap phone for work and i wanted to test out WP.
11. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
ios has a light os vs android is a heavy resource platform, like macosx is light vs w8 is a heavyplatform.
14. LeBrownJames (Posts: 201; Member since: 17 Mar 2014)
M8 gets toe to toe with Z1 but they were all beaten by G2. I guess Z2 will outperform them all.
20. true1984 (Posts: 822; Member since: 23 May 2012)
why were the benchmarks better at gsmarena?
21. koko1 (Posts: 103; Member since: 03 Dec 2013)
htc is the worst device so far this yea
no good preformans and camera so far till now !!
24. fernandosor (Posts: 1; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
this is an absolute garbage post. IM not sure where you are getting your information OP but the HTC one m8 averages between 24000 and 25000 on Quadrant and 36000 and 37000 on antutu. it is actually leading all phones on those two tests. This is common knowledge on REPUTABLE websites.
Please fact check your work. Amatuer Journalism.