HTC One 64GB developer edition and 32GB unlocked edition delayed
0. phoneArena 19 Apr 2013, 11:49 posted on
The HTC One 32GB unlocked edition and the 64GB developer edition are both delayed according to those who ordered the devices and have received a letter from HTC stating that the Taiwan manufacturer will send the devices out via overnight mail before the end of this month; no reason for the delay was mentioned in the letter...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
sh!t.... Its been two months since its launched... And yet another delay...
29. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
tecnically it hasn't "launched". Theyve never given a release date
2. chocolaking (Posts: 494; Member since: 22 May 2012)
KEEP it up HTC!! at least the service provider is getting their shipments as of today.
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Delayed? Not again HTC! Think about those peoples who ordered the One, HTC better release it ASAP!
Good luck HTC!
32. android_hitman (unregistered)
This is how GS4 will sell 10m in may... HTC f**ked up again.
4. Topcat488 (Posts: 1393; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I'd love to get a "Double Dip Case", for my Note... It looks nayyyyyyyycce.
11. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I was initially taken with the case as well. But then I started wondering how the case would interfere with using the One as a phone (the screen protector flap would seem to get in the way of using the One as a phone - where does it fold). I think a more traditional case with a kickstand in the back would be a better solution.
19. Hemlocke (unregistered)
I think you guys are talking about two different cases. There is the Double Dip, without flap and stand, and the Double Dip Flip, that has all of that. I like the DD, but I think I am picking up an Incipio DualPro CF for mine tonight.
26. rizevnarastek (Posts: 347; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
The double dip flip case is supposed to be closed when taking phone calls. It has slits for the speakers and microphone on the flip cover. It's not supposed to be flipped behind. The double dip flip looks premium and executive where as the double dip case looks construction worker grade rugged and I just hope it comes in many different colors later on.
18. amats69 (Posts: 1376; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
unsurprisingly you are again at HTC One article for the sake of trolling :P LOL
7. jo_Ny (Posts: 27; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Here's an alternative non biased title: HTC One 64GB developer edition and 32GB unlocked edition delayed due to OVERWHELMING DEMAND.
9. rizevnarastek (Posts: 347; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
The demand indeed is overwhelming.
Kudos to HTC for finally making a phone people can't resist ;)
31. JEverettnow (Posts: 226; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
I must say the demand hasn't been too great where I work. We sold over 4 s3's on the day of the launch for the HTC One, but only 1 HTC One, which is the only one we have sold since. We have been hyping the ONE up too. I don't see the demand for it I guess.
33. amats69 (Posts: 1376; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
can you state your real name and the carrier you work for just to validate your claims? or else you look like one of those pathetic people hired and paid by samsung in taiwan.,
10. sintruder (Posts: 104; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
atleast i ordered mine from uk and the stock is expected starting from 22 april.
12. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I was about to buy this, but second thoughts i orderd the S4™
S600 is still an A9@A15, while the S4 is a pure A15™
21. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Exynos is mostly stock ARM BIG.little A15. Calling the Krait an A9 shows a fundamental lack of RISC architecture.
13. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
yess!! more delay..., keep it up htc... wait for GS4 to kick your as*
14. expertzero (Posts: 9; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
its only delayed due to the boston be on locked down. No phones can get into the port :( So no phones being shipped out!
15. Troysyx (Posts: 175; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Honestly, its probably going to be a week, and you're getting free overnight shipping. I'm happily waiting for mine
17. amats69 (Posts: 1376; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
no. actually HTC knows another word for you : Troll
24. jo_Ny (Posts: 27; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
he's probably a former "student" payed by samsung to post bad opinions about HTC products. sammobile.com/2013/04/18/samsung-taiwan-apologies-for-the-fake-htc-one-reviews/
20. Hemlocke (unregistered)
I love my bootloader unlocked AT&T 32GB One.
22. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
So you should be rooting this and overclocking the Cpu to 2.2Ghz™
25. Hemlocke (unregistered)
Rooted by 5 PM yesterday, but no overclock. It doesn't need it.
23. Muayyad (Posts: 236; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
They are now IN STOCK, shipping on Monday!
27. bayusuputra (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Well, as much as I hate to see the word "delay", it doesn't mean that the whole situation is HTC's fault. I mean, which company wants to delay its hot product? It probably is because component shortage, which is out of HTC's control. Or shipping/custom delays.
or maybe Samsung stopped hiring students and start to pay component providers/custom officers to delay the phone. Because they are so scared that they finally have a match now.
28. mytx100 (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I order my HTC One on april 5..checked the order status on 4/15 saw a message "will be available until April 24" Two days after i call asking the reasons they told me " everythinh is ok in place you will get it asap if not the 19 the 20. Yesterday, i received that email in quotations marks. No clue when will be available.
30. Muayyad (Posts: 236; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
mine got shipped today! Ordered on the 5th!