HTC One 4.2.2 update coming OTA by mid-June
0. phoneArena 04 Jun 2013, 11:51 posted on
We've seen the Android 4.2.2 leak out to the unlocked international version of the handset, and now we're getting word on when to expect the update to officially roll out over-the-air (OTA). HTC Russia’s Andrey Kormiltsev is saying that the rollout of Android 4.2.2 should start by mid-June, so there is only a couple more weeks to go...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The Sony Xperia Z is still lagging behind.....*facepalm*
2. Ninetysix (Posts: 2381; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
You expect timely updates with Android? LOL...
3. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Not quantity of updates are important but quality! And Apple should learn that from Android.
5. Ninetysix (Posts: 2381; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Are you serious? LOL... Android 4.2.x got released in November of 2012. This quality update is currently being enjoyed by 4% of fandroids 7 months later. How fast will the adoption rate be for KLP?
7. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Read my comment #3 again, where I was talking about adoption rates?
8. Ninetysix (Posts: 2381; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Broseph, what's the point of your quality updates when it's not reaching the user base?
Love the thumbsdown from bumhurt fandroids. Thruth hurts eh? :)
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"what's the point of your quality updates when it's not reaching the user base?"
Fact that Android updates distribution is slower doesn't mean that updates doesn't reach user base, so get your facts straight!
Android updates distribution is slower than on iOS, but as I have said before Android updates has more "weight" than iOS updates.
11. Ninetysix (Posts: 2381; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Would love to see your proof that users are getting these quality updates. I'll wait.
ndroid_version_history#Android _4.2_Jelly_Bean_.28API_level_1 7.29
12. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I don't see where in your posted links it says that users are not getting updates?
Here is my proof:
It seems that you don't feel difference between "No Updates" and "Slow Updates".
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
In my case it is proof since it proves what I have said while in your case it is not proof since it nohow proves your proposition about updates which are not reaching user base.
17. Ninetysix (Posts: 2381; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
if you consider 4 out of 100 people a "user base"..then you have a point. I would call them "lottery winners".
19. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
From where you get such numbers and why you are sure that the rest won't get it?
21. Ninetysix (Posts: 2381; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
4.2 marketshare is at 4%. 4% of 100 is 4.
24. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Dou you realize that 4% only shows CURRENT situation?
25. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Distribution statistics doesn't say nothing about the future, they only shows CURRENT situation. And since you say that it is your proof, could you please expain me how it proves your statement that updates are not reaching users?
6. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Even with the lagging updates with Android, it still has more functionality compare to some other OS :P
4. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
i am starting to hate sony and leaning towards htc
10. roldefol (Posts: 4242; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
So I suppose the upcoming Verizon One should be getting 4.2.2 by... February?
14. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
This is a true test for Verizon, apologize for the late release and give us 4.2.2 out the box? Nah.
15. roldefol (Posts: 4242; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
That would be awesome. If they delay the phone another month only to release a version behind everyone else, I'd be ticked but sadly not surprised. I still don't get why they released the Razr HD with ICS when JB was almost ready.
20. Synack (Posts: 677; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
I'm already on 4.2.2 with Sense on my HTC One :)
22. saenaedewe (Posts: 71; Member since: 01 May 2013)
And, when will their last year flagship -ONE X- going to be updated to 4.2.2?
or will it going to be updated?
26. d-nice (Posts: 2; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Don't get why HTC should spec bump up to 4.2.2 when they had 7 months to skin it with Sense5 before they released this phone. 2.) Nexus Experience HTC One is coming on June 26 without the need of Sense5 skinned over it so those who want to get 4.2.2 on the HTC One should have waited for it or just drop the $599 for it. 4.2.2 won't enhance or change the current experience on the phone, especially for those who claim this phone was perfect and operates better than the Galaxy S4 which is running 4.2.2.