HTC One (2013) gets run over by a forklift, what do you think happens?
A Reddit user met the misfortune of having his 2013 HTC One ran over by a forklift. Fortunately, the One and its machined aluminum armor are notoriously tough, and got through the perilous situation with only a shattered display and some dents and scratches.
Assuming its owner has had the smartphone for less than six months, he's eligible for a free one-time screen replacement via HTC's Advantage program. And, while the dents are unapologetically ugly, they are battle scars - the One will be wearing them with pride and showing them to the ladies.
Meanwhile, we're not so sure the poor forklift got away intact after it jumped the HTC One. Good thing that it wasn't its bigger, bulkier brother, the HTC One (M8), or that tough-guy forklift would have been destroyed!
1. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2680; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Man why would he leave his phone on the ground and that too in a factory. I smell story.
11. sharks (Posts: 164; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
Really, what is the point of featuring this as an article on PA?? except to discourage people from buying HTC phones? PA is well known to be a Samsung fanboy as all its articles boost Samsung as being at the top of their game even when they clearly aren't with the S5 and keep bashing other brands. What if the S4 or S5 was run over by a forklift? i bet PA would report "light scuffings with otherwise perfectly usable display and phone". Corruption and bribes comes to mind whenever i read a biased article like this on PA, which is getting suffocating lately after the S5's undominating reveal.
14. sipha (Posts: 252; Member since: 12 May 2012)
When it comes to this article.. i have no idea were you coming from, at all!! It feels/sounds like paranoia..
17. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
they ran over the S5 with a tesla model s. soo theres that.
12. akki20892 (Posts: 3261; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Looks like he was too high to show his friends about durability of HTC one.
2. ScottSchneider (Posts: 312; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
If it had been a Nokia.. I would say "Poor little Fork Lift"... :(
13. akki20892 (Posts: 3261; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
This guy got some move...lol
4. StewieGriffin (Posts: 4; Member since: 04 Feb 2014)
technically HTC One 2013 is the bigger brother and HTC One M8 is practically an infant.
7. pwnarena (Posts: 825; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
he didn't say older brother. for humans, younger brothers tend to be bigger.
5. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2680; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
The last paragraph was a bit exaggerated. Nokia 3310 could suit better.
6. _Bone_ (Posts: 2104; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It's no Galaxy S5, but hey, few smartphone is.
8. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3224; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
If it had been a blackberry no one would've cared
16. DigitalJedi_X2 (banned) (Posts: 346; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
Senseless comment from a senseless jack@ss.
15. pwnarena (Posts: 825; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
any member of the xperia z series along with the xperia go and active will stand that kind of torture.