HTC One 2 mock-up allegedly based on specs from insider
0. phoneArena 25 Dec 2013, 22:33 posted on
A 3D mock-up, made of resin, allegedly reveals what the HTC One 2 is going to look like. The specs, given to the person who created this mock-up from an insider, shows a device similar in looks to the HTC One, but with a larger 5 inch screen. With an expected 1080 x 1920 resolution, the screen's pixel density would drop slightly from the leading 468ppi seen on HTC's flagship Android model, to the 441ppi available on the Samsung Galaxy S4...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
11. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yes, fail with UltraPixel camera. Their 8 MPs are way better than this scrappy camera. Please HTC remove that UP gimmick but sadly I think they ain't gonna remove that thing.
BTW the resin mockup is looking like a soap.
13. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
They won't remove it, they will improve it. I hope.
18. amats69 (Posts: 1388; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
They dont need to remove it...correct term is..improve it..
21. apple4never (Posts: 1064; Member since: 08 May 2013)
it would be fine if it was at least 8mp but 4????? C'mon htc
16. Reality_Check (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
The HTC One design was class apart. I don't know why they keep comparing it to iphones. It does not look anything like an iphone.
26. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I think that clay model looks exacxtly like Moto X/G. Front is HTC One with deeper speakers.
2. gigantos (Posts: 63; Member since: 25 Jul 2013)
Oh don't put a 4MP Ultrablurry camera on your flagship anymore, HTC! Better increase to 8MP or go for Exmor RS, unless you want another big disappointed sale
8. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
No, it's not. The Ultrapixel camera only helps a bit in low-light conditions. I won't say it's bad, but it's average.
20. erikiksaz (Posts: 170; Member since: 22 Apr 2010)
A quick glance at most of my friends' posted pictures on instagram are all indoors. HTC One always wins out in those circumstances. Outdoors, not so much, but then, it seems like by numbers, indoor pics > outdoor pics.
28. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
from what i know most of indoors pictures on instagram are close up and i'm sure even some low end phones with 5mp + flash is good enough for that.
For me 8MP with 1.4 micron, f2.0 lens, dual led/xenon flash and 3 axis OIS on Lumia 925/928 is much more better than cappy ultrapixel on HTC One.
23. illusionmist (Posts: 157; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
UltraPixel is great, but UltraPixel with mere 4MP is just too idealistic.
29. xperiance (Posts: 44; Member since: 22 Oct 2013)
No.....because no major oem is going to release a full hd smartphone as flagship in 2014(eventhough its useless) and sticking to the same ultrapixel will a huge mistake
31. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
What's the use of UHD when no one can differentiate between FHD and UHD? the only thing it causes is more battery consumption and a higher price.
PPi war is the most ridiculous one.
35. Bishop_99 (Posts: 75; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
Maybe you won't be able to see the difference between QHD and Full HD, like others may not see a difference between a DVD or a Blu-ray, or even between streaming HD or a Blu-ray, but that doesn't mean others won't.
Saying that no one can see the difference between the two based on your visual experience is not an accurate point to make. Battery life on these WQHD phones will be similar to the 2K/1080p phones, they will appropriately increase the battery. Just look at the difference between the S3 and the S4, similar increase in specs, and look at how much better the S4 performs even with the increased resolution.
36. xperiance (Posts: 44; Member since: 22 Oct 2013)
Even if there is not much difference, no one is ready to buy a flagship phone will a premium price tag having an hd display next year...
40. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I never talked about HD. I said there is no difference between FHD and UHD in terms of small screens like mobile phones.
6. cordawgfrito (Posts: 49; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
It will not come with a 16gb variant. It will be 32 and 64. Again.
10. Alan01 (Posts: 358; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Not according to the source...could be that the expected microSD slot makes HTC feel that they can get away with 16GB...remember, it was Verizon that kept the microSD slot off the HTC DROID DNA
9. Teja171 (unregistered)
What a stupid model, its totally fake.
How can the bottom speaker be bigger than the upper one ?
22. apple4never (Posts: 1064; Member since: 08 May 2013)
the bottom speaker can be bigger by simply increasing the size, no fancy quantum physics here
14. Finest (Posts: 90; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
Most stupid flagship name. HTC One 2 ? Come on it couldn't get more uglier than that
15. GeekMovement (Posts: 2155; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Disappointing camera rumors. I love the design of the HTC One, so I'm not complaining if they bring something similar, but I hope they invest in better battery technology.
42. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1717; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Yet the mockup still has more functionality ;)
19. amats69 (Posts: 1388; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Not a final specs..so im still hoping htc will improve the camera section of the phone plus bigger battery...i would love if they keep the one's design
24. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Gapful design, dust under the screen, dead pixels, uneven Sim tray slots, and rough trim around the USB port part 2? Geez, I can't wait for that.....
34. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
One GS4 exploding because of carelessness hardly equals every single one of the HTC Ones in Vancouver having at least one or sometimes two or even more of the problems I listed.....suck t c fans like you are quite delusional and are drawn to champion loser companies like suck t c.
44. amats69 (Posts: 1388; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Lol dude youre a certified HTC hater..so even if htc releases a perfect phone for everyone you will still not appreciate it and you will still posting the same old comments bashing htc and praising your beloved samsung....hating is what haters always do so im not surprised anymore...and oh wait paid students also does hating on htc.hahaha
37. newbey123 (Posts: 556; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Have to love those exploding s4 with their defective screens. Lol!
45. amats69 (Posts: 1388; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Not only defective screens! But also the weak and laggy touchwiz...oh wait samsung exec said that..lol
27. amancarlos (Posts: 42; Member since: 09 May 2012)
the bigger question here is: who the hell bought the white iphone 5C?
30. JMartin22 (Posts: 1943; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
This thing is looking severely outdated already. Even the design language they'll probably stick to looks like yesteryear as well. They're not going to get the same bandwagon hype or even the same sales as last year, I'm willing to wager.
38. Altair (Posts: 367; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Laugh. HTC is clearly copying iPhone. This is nothing new though. They have been doing that for years already. WTF is wrong with those OEM:s... Samsung and HTC, stop copying and stealing!
HTC - Silently Stealing
46. Teja171 (unregistered)
In fact,apple too is copying from others in a stealthy way. Most people don't notice it.
39. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
All I need to jump into HTC beautiful looking phones is just a bigger batteries,, cam is fine. as I rarely use it,..
43. cashphama (Posts: 7; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Am I the only one who thinks the name of the model sucks; HTC One Two? Really?