HTC One 2 and One 2 Dual SIM listed on a French government website - is this the M8?
0. phoneArena 31 Jan 2014, 22:04 posted on
The successor to last year's HTC One may be called One 2 in the end. Unfortunately, HTC has yet to confirm anything regarding the new smartphone, so we're still in the rumor land for now...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
HTC one 2, is it just me or I'm getting the hang of that name
19. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 230; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Why dont they name it HTC One (2014) WHYYY???
2. kemera (Posts: 3; Member since: 31 Jan 2014)
htc should call its next flagship htc 2 rather than htc one 2. look, iphone moves from iphone 1 to 2 to ...5, so why not htc 2
3. miguelmeza14 (Posts: 61; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
Oh man, I have the HTC One and I love it. I can't wait to get this One 2.
4. techloverNYC (Posts: 537; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
The camera is the only thing holding me back from HTC one and oddly enough the one thing they didn't improve on the HTC one 2 is the camera. I hate this ultrapixel bs htc is trying to sell us. Im not even expecting it to be a nokia camera or iphone but at least be on par with samsung.
11. Hyperreal (Posts: 168; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
The recent blind camera comparison showed that people prefer htc one pictures than galaxy s4. but this works only when you dont know what you are votig for. galaxy is overhyped obviously. and everyone is hating htc because of les mpx. Just look at the washed colors of s4. I have htc one and I really cannot complain about the camera. Moreover the picture of htc one is obviously stretched to the resolution of others because maximum resolution of htc one is 2688x1520 and the pictures in comparison have 3200x1800. so it additionaly makes it look worse but in reality it doesnt look like that. and i wonder how would low light shooting comparison look like. it is the main advantage of htc one so i guess it would look much more better then s4. Anyway all the pictures look quite similar for daily usage so it such a big deal? you want a proffesional camera, go buy one.http://www.phonearena.com/news
14. wildfiregt (Posts: 130; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
It was easy to find out which one was the One's pictures
Plus Images were resized. So you won't compare a 13MP with 4Mp in the website
15. Hyperreal (Posts: 168; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
well it was not so easy as you say but if yes, considering how much samsung fanboys and people hating this camera are out there they would never vote for htc one so you are wrong. and you can view full size of this pictures. when you save them to hard drive it is easy to see that resolution of all of them was 3200x1800 so the htc one photo was stretched.
16. Hyperreal (Posts: 168; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
So it means that all the photos were downsized to 3200x1600 (they have higher resolution) and the htc one photo was stretched (lower resolution) so it is obvious that it makes it look worse. despite all of that it won with s4.
24. techloverNYC (Posts: 537; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Not asking for a professional camera but at least be on par with the other super phones you know. If I can put a professional camera in my pocket I would but sadly they are not that portable yet. You sound like a HTC fan boy though.
25. Hyperreal (Posts: 168; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
Yeah i may sound, but i just try to defend the camera because I definitely dont consider it bad, it it just my opininon. my frirnd has lg g2 and i dd
26. Hyperreal (Posts: 168; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
Some pictures recently and we didnt see much difference. in fact the pictures were pretty similar. i may sound fanboy, but many people may sound like haters.
7. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 May 2011)
They should name it HTC two.. one two isnt a good name.
8. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
The reason why they can't change the name is because ONE is the series name, it doesn't necessarily mean 1st bend, 2nd gen, 3rd gen etc like galaxy and I phones, it means the one best phone etc so one 2 sounds cool
9. BRYLYNT (Posts: 34; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
terrible name but still not as bad as the 3rd generation xbox being called the xbox one.
10. RandomUsername (Posts: 798; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
One M8 sounds so much better... but maybe they would get in trouble with Huawei :P
12. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1070; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
In a few years, we will have a HTC One 2 3 4 2 2 3 4
17. WindowsiDroid (Posts: 126; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
I wish they would just name it by what year it made like HTC One 2014, something like HTC One 2 is so Awkward to say, like "I have HTC One 2."
18. iLoveAmexica (Posts: 47; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
"I have htc one 2 too" "I have htc one 2 three years ago"
22. mmmanuuu (Posts: 361; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
How about these names ?
HTC O 1
HTC X 1
HTC SENSE 6, SENSE 7
21. mark_ray (banned) (Posts: 35; Member since: 26 May 2013)
What a strange name convention? HTC One 2, this term is only applicable for football not phone!