HTC M8 to be called The All New One? Three color versions expected, including gold
0. phoneArena 18 Feb 2014, 18:49 posted on
HTC's next-generation flagship smartphone could end up bearing an odd name. The company is expected to announce the handset next month, on March 25...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
28. aksa123 (Posts: 274; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
A : Hey, what's your new phone?
B : The All New One.
A : Yes, I know it's new, what's the name?
B : The All New One.
A : ... forget it.
30. Birds (Posts: 1128; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
That's why I love the name....It's utter cheese.
40. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
I absolutely (don't) love the bottom bezels!
41. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
what are they gonna call the next year's flagship then ? The newest htc one maybe?
17. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
synonym crap unless proven otherwise in the upcoming launch
43. Aploine (Posts: 309; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
Seems like an obvius effort to make people talk about it. Me like it insteed of boring X7, M9, S8, G5, S#iT
29. aksa123 (Posts: 274; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Nah, The All New One = 5 Seconds long, so it should be 5S.
3. miguelmeza14 (Posts: 60; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
terrible design, terrible name... Oh HTC! What's next?
20. irellemot (Posts: 107; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
I'm guessing its fake or a f***ed up render. Look at the top right of the screen. Why on earth would they do that?
36. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 400; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
It looks like a gap but as stated in the article It has a protective ase on, and if you look carefully you can see there is a white phone that can be seen in that gap. But why does the case have a gap? Is there something on the phone that cant be covered?
44. Bridgep0rt (Posts: 37; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
I been saying to myself. Just call it HTC 2
45. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 226; Member since: 30 May 2013)
WHY isnt ANYBODY thinking about HTC One (2014) like the nexus 7...
5. X.E.R.O. (unregistered)
7. shyguy3763 (Posts: 49; Member since: 27 Oct 2013)
I hope they will include the colors mentioned earlier,I want a blue one!
8. NoFanboy (Posts: 292; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
I think it's just gonna be called the One, but they'll refer to it as the all new one. How is evleaks leaking a picture of it in black and then saying won't come in black?
11. newbey123 (Posts: 518; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Hope it comes in black. I will settle for grey but not a fan of white.
13. Emmanuelz (Posts: 82; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
The htc one sales werent so good and the "all new one" is gonna be worst! Only popular phones are successful and sale well like galaxy and iphone. The htc one is only well known among techies not the average user.
15. imyourpapi (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
That name sucks big time. They should have went with HTC One II
16. Kishin (Posts: 695; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Disappointing........This will do worse than One..
18. QuadFace (Posts: 108; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Is going to be called HTC One again just like HTC One 2013, I prefer HTC One!
19. TechVoid (Posts: 10; Member since: 18 Feb 2014)
Great amazing phone I'm waiting for but HTC and phone names... God lol HTC one was bad enough since One X was its prequel which name wise made no sense .. Might as well call this new one the HTC Huan
21. Lauticol (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
Just name it something else! Maybe HTC One II, doesn't sound odd, considering LG's L-series (L1 II Trio for example)
23. 7Superman9 (Posts: 76; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
I agree that the name is beyond stupid. However, the amount of blind loyalty in the comments is just ridiculous. It shows that isheep are not proprietary to Apple.
24. kobainez (Posts: 369; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
The successor to the all new ONE will be called The All new new ONE? I gotta give credit to htc hahaha
33. aksa123 (Posts: 274; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Seriously, htc one x, one s/sc, one v, one x+, one, one maxx, the all new one?
Even sammy's s series is better.
31. Taters (Posts: 4305; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I usually think having continuity in the name is important but in this case, I think HTC should just start off with a clean slate. But make the name of the flagship something where you can just add a 2 on it for the sequel.
How about the HTC Garbage? The second one can be called the HTC Garbage 2!
39. darkskoliro (Posts: 1054; Member since: 07 May 2012)
You should change your username to garbage.
47. cleat-glitch (Posts: 109; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
taters second paragraph was funny...an i luv htc
34. Beijendorf (Posts: 335; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
That name actually works well. It's going to be named 'The All New One', but people will simply refer to it as 'The new One' or 'One 2014'. People who know nothing about the phones will assume it's a bigshot and important phone since it's "the all new one".
The weird name is also bound to spark a lot of talk about it - free advertising! Plus, it's going to look great in the stores when the name tag for it says "The All New One", making all other flagships look old with their boring names.
It's weird, it's corny, but it's quite a smart tactic. It will probably work better for HTC than it did for Apple, since HTC is a lesser known company than Apple.
35. Smokin (Posts: 120; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
HTC One 2014/ HTC One+ / HTC One 2 /HTC Two heck HTC Three would be way make sense than this. LOL
37. mmmanuuu (Posts: 322; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
THE ALL NEW ONE ? seriously ??? So what will be its successor's name next year? THE ALL NEW ONE ONCE AGAIN ???
You should consider these names HTC:
HTC SENSE 6
HTC ONE A
38. Liveitup (Posts: 1771; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Judging by the home screen design they should call it WP 8.1
42. tiara6918 (Posts: 1910; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Why not name it htc one 2014 edition/2nd gen? Just don't mention the 2014 edition/2nd gen too much. Just like with the older generations of the ipod touch/ipad line. It would be confusing but atleast it's still a good naming scheme
48. true1984 (Posts: 683; Member since: 23 May 2012)
htc basically said it wont be called that
49. jiezel91 (Posts: 67; Member since: 28 Jul 2011)
They seriously need to replace their marketing team!
Just utter rubbish coming from them. Plain bad (and weird) promotional TV ads, and now, another (soon-to-be) naming-scheme fiasco.