HTC M8 leaks in first real life picture, device sports a twin-sensor camera and dual LED flash
0. phoneArena 05 Feb 2014, 04:31 posted on
Well, well, well! What do we have here? It turns out that our patience is finally being rewarded with what looks to be a rather convincing real-life snap of the anxiously awaited new HTC flagship, dubbed the HTC M8...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. rihel_95 (Posts: 300; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
htc is trying hard in camera buisness, tough failed hard. nokia is still rocking
11. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1982; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Do you mean the Nokia that was just bought up by a company who has consistently screwed over its mobile customers, or is this some magical, mythical unicorn Nokia that is still on top of the mobile game that only exists in the minds of fanboys?
16. fouadqr (Posts: 326; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
Ohh God ..!! When people will understand that MICROSOFT didn't buy NOKIA .. they just bought the devices and services from NOKIA...and NOKIA can return to this business by 2015 !!
Nokia now will focus on Warable tech ,NSN ,HERE maps
48. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3576; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Who cares about the politics, and branding.
All that matters is that Lumia devices are great devices, and there's currently no sign that that's going to change anytime soon.. Quit being so negative..
26. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Yep, even failing sometimes, HTC is the only smartphone maker(but nokia) that always try something new on the camera side, that´s nice
55. zhiae (unregistered)
u want to learn ? learn from me
the tech about twin cam is
1st twin cam will allow to snap twin focused images fast
2nd with snapdragon s800-805 processing as they told us
they can snap and combine
twin image with flash and without flash in one image
the picture u get is what don through this
twin focus twin flash without and with will give beautiful after all image .
54. zhiae (unregistered)
that looks like touch id sensor not 2ndry cam
2. mokhtar (Posts: 399; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
twin-sensor camera that seems interresting , can wait to see the result of this camera
but wtf htc , same design , why would some one upgrade to m8 if its just look the same as the ONE , this is really weird !
8. amats69 (Posts: 1256; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Htc one is the most beautiful phone last year..so no problem for me if they keep that design...
14. mokhtar (Posts: 399; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
most beautiful ? i tought the xperia z was the best design .. and now the z1 best looking phone by far .. with the lumia series :)
17. amats69 (Posts: 1256; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Well htc one's awards says it all..i agree z and z1 is also a good looking device but not on the level of htc one...tech expert also says that
45. mokhtar (Posts: 399; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
not on the level ? who is the best quality phone ? htc ?
52. amats69 (Posts: 1256; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
You misunderstood my post 17..try ro reread it and come back if you get it...
23. aayupanday (Posts: 572; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Yeah agree... Sony's phones look a hell lot better when their screens are turned off.
37. pwnarena (Posts: 1128; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
AGREE! or at least when they CHANGE those awful promo wallpapers
28. vandroid (Posts: 323; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
Lumias are the ugliest phones and it's the same design every year
21. Aploine (Posts: 375; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
If they curved sides completely I would like to see a case with ultra shiny mirror-like finish. Even better if the weren't plastic bars.
With the second camera in that place, will on the front side be a second front speaker?
9. Hyperreal (Posts: 193; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
already the best design (htc one), but improved (without plastic frame, thinner bezel). why change?
39. Bioload25 (Posts: 213; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
People around the world stay hours in front of na Apple store to buy the iPhone 5S / 4S that look exactly the same as their predecessor respectively, why with HTC would be any diferent?
46. mokhtar (Posts: 399; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
because people are so stupid nowadays :) and its all about marketing .. apple and samsung has more popularity than htc or sony .. so its normal that people will do that ..
47. 7Superman9 (Posts: 83; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
Tge "same design" argument is invalid! You show me a successful phone manufacture that changes is flagship design every year.....
49. NoFanboy (Posts: 296; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
Same reason why someone would get the iPhone 5s or s4
3. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
İ think upper sensor is for fingerprint...
4. Rajanvir (Posts: 56; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
last time i appreciation the QUALITY given by HTC in HTC ONE but this time i expect both QUANTITY and QUALITY
41. Bioload25 (Posts: 213; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
As well as reliable manufacturing,HTC One had plenty of problems in this respect
51. Beijendorf (Posts: 336; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
That is quite true. They did however seem to iron out the issues after the first few batches of One's, which would mean their manufacturing process is now improved for this upcoming flagship. Especially due to how similar it is in design.
6. Hyperreal (Posts: 193; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
I wouldnt be so sure that it is a dual camera.
7. amats69 (Posts: 1256; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Im really excited for this device! Htc pls keep the 1080 reso plus one's design, improved camera larger battery aand latest qualcomm chipset and im sold!
15. jbitounis (Posts: 54; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
It cannot be a "camera-centric" device if it doesn't have Xenon flash. Let me rephrase that: it will be a camera-centric device until late in the afternoon. After that, it's just gonna be the same ol' blurry, noisey cr@p. Sorry but that's how it goes...
22. amats69 (Posts: 1256; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
And yet that old blurry, noisy crap camera pictures got more vote than the galaxy s4 in PAs camera blind test. Lol
29. neops (Posts: 262; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
They were practically equal in that test 433 votes vs 437
27. Hyperreal (Posts: 193; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
go home hater. the pictures are not the best but are fine. cr@p you have in your bain. sory but thats how it goes.http://www.phonearena.com/news
33. jbitounis (Posts: 54; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Jeez, relax dude. I'm criticizing every phone that doesn't have a Xenon flash. Try taking a picture of, say, peolpe moving in a dim lit room. They're not fine at all, actually they're disasterously bad. The S4 or 5s are no better, for sure.
20. Just.Saying (Posts: 132; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
I have never ever seen the HTC One in real life. None of the stores have it and nobody that i know has one.
24. amats69 (Posts: 1256; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Try to go out from the cave..enjoy the real world..lol
25. aayupanday (Posts: 572; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Twin sensors? I thought that the the one above the bigger hole was the Fingerprint scanner.
31. Leonis (Posts: 338; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
I'm holding my thumbs for this being the phone to beat again this year. People are so unsure of getting a HTC phone because of the bad history. Last year they proved they are worth to get.
34. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
now you are getting my attention HTC... bring it..
36. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
HTC is getting better and better and listen to their customers. Bring it on, HTC!
38. alex_5496 (Posts: 3; Member since: 05 Feb 2014)
Looks like it is going to be my next phone :)
No Beats? I am not sure whether it is good or not...
40. newbey123 (Posts: 519; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
This beast is definitely my next phone. Bring it HTC. Just wondering what the hole at the top of the phone is!
42. SonyPS4 (Posts: 335; Member since: 21 May 2013)
HTC One is a great phone but the problem is lack of sd card. I got thousands of song and also put many movie in my sd card. If this one got sd slot maybe i will consider it.
50. csoulr666 (Posts: 111; Member since: 04 Nov 2013)
With two camera sensors, there is a possibility for capturing 3D vidoes.........but I think this won't happen because of the position of the second sensor
I sure do hope the don't name it the "HTC One 2", that would seriously be crap
57. trickster_qc (Posts: 103; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
so far, I feel another commercial flop.