HTC M8 leaks again, confirms earlier photograph (It's a render from an XDA member)
0. phoneArena 11 Feb 2014, 13:08 posted on
Earlier today, we showed you the latest leaked picture of the HTC M8, and we pointed out what appears to be a notification light in between the front facing camera and the top speakers. This also appears on a new photograph of the device that was just sent to us by an anonymous tipster. Everything seems to be in place based on what we currently know about the Taiwan manufacturer's next Android flagship phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9812; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Oh my god RELEASE THE DAMN PHONE ALREADY HTC.
19. vandroid (Posts: 323; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
I'm hoping the on screen buttons are a joke if they kept the logo on the front why not leave the capacitive buttons too?
30. Klamba92 (Posts: 209; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Yh I agree and I love on screen keys compared to hardware buttons, however if you are going to still have the HTC logo at the bottom they may as well have gone with capacitative buttons. Also not a fan of the assymetrical looking speaker grilles. That says if they have better sound quality than the one then that's a plus!
32. pukea (Posts: 7; Member since: 31 Dec 2010)
i think they needed a capacitive HTC logo, let's be serious, so much black space just for their logo? The front speakers aren't parallel, a speaker is smaller than another which looks ugly comparable with the Original ONE! As much as i like HTC, i hope, this one isn't real.
20. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1078; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
This image isn't a leak and never was intended to be a leak, it's a render based on the leaks that was made by hamdir on xda-developers.
Phonearena might want to edit the post instead of misleading the readers.
29. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
this is a made pic fake because why would htc keep the bezels for an HTC logo. they would have kept the older navigation.
37. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
To be honest, neither I was interested in original One, nor this one.
I don't know why HTC phones can't attract my attention.
41. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Regarding the design, I prefer Sony, Nokia and iPhone.
They look more elegant to me.
45. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
OMG it's just a phone. mwc is this month
2. datphoneguy (Posts: 145; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Damn...was hoping that was fake.
Definitely NOT liking the HTC logo at the bottom............
3. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Can anyone tell me why HTC thinks having a 2nd bezel (the black one around the screen, inside of the metal frame) is cool, cause, you know... it's not. It's waste of space.
Also, the asymmetrical speaker grill on the top is incredibly ugly, breaking the otherwise nice shape. Why not place the led and proximity sensor on the left?
8. HTCOE (Posts: 623; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
large screen can effect experience for users due to the outer palms access to the screen generally
13. Feanor (Posts: 487; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
I'm fed up with this bezel talk. Everyone here believes they are engineers and that the company engineers are stupid. Once and for all:
Obviously the HTC One (and this M8) cannot fit some components behind the screen. Most likely the speakers. Thus bigger bezels.
The Sony Xperia Z1, the Z1 Compact and the forthcoming Sirius cannot fit the massive camera sensor directly behind the screen. Thus bigger bezels.
Why Samsung Galaxy S4 and LG G2 have small bezels? Because their engineers are magicians? No, because these two models have neither huge camera sensors, nor massive speakers, nor waterproofing.
Is that so, or not?
15. HTCOE (Posts: 623; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
you're theory has some true essentials...partially correct.
21. Feanor (Posts: 487; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
Does the Xperia Z1 have the best camera on an 8.5mm thin phone? Yes.
Does the HTC One speakers have the best sound? Yes.
Does anybody think that the engineers enjoy making big bezels? This is such a childish complaint!
36. Aploine (Posts: 311; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
All these sound very logical but people want what they want. And obviously want the trends fulfilled
40. vincelongman (Posts: 2668; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Why not make the screen slightly bigger to take up that space instead of having the ugly second bezel.
Personally I would prefer if Sony made the a few mm thicker and a couple cm shorter.
4. datphoneguy (Posts: 145; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Side note - looks like the volume buttons will now be sticking out of the phone slightly and they are separated (vs one long button before).
5. NoFanboy (Posts: 293; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
Looks like the real deal. Don't know why the power button is still on top after everyone hated that. Not liking the plastic band it's wrapped in. Also it looks rounder?
6. datphoneguy (Posts: 145; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Agreed on all points. Looks fatter too.
Also I wonder where the MicroSD slot is since the back doesn't seem to be removable....
12. HTCOE (Posts: 623; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
it's actually wrapped in metal not plastic. the photo does not justify that aspect of the final product
7. majp89 (Posts: 123; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
So I'm not seeing the point of two cameras. Would anyone like to enlighten me as to why this is important?
10. HTCOE (Posts: 623; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
it's a fingerprint scanner and also can do another trick as well
22. NoFanboy (Posts: 293; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
HTC who are you? Do you work for them or something?
31. datphoneguy (Posts: 145; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Doubt it, considering he kept saying this is the "real deal" when it wasn't...
33. HTCOE (Posts: 623; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
it is actually the real deal on photo, not in hand. what you're looking at in the photo is the device and its build design of what to expect.
11. Muayyad (Posts: 194; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
At least it is officially all-around aluminum body. I don't like the on screen buttons.
14. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Not being funny but HTC your flunking at the moment, so why do you put out a pretty much identical phone...htc you were brilliant...try and get that back!!
49. William13 (Posts: 27; Member since: 10 Mar 2011)
Apple seems to be rather successful at releasing identical phones... As is Samsung,so why not save money on making widely varying phones when people will clearly buy the same thing year after year as long as you market it as "cool," "trendy," and you include some hipsters in the commercials.
16. Logic717 (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Dec 2013)
If this thing has more than 3000mah... I want it. The bezel talk, the dual camera talk... doesn't matter to me... I wish it had SD card, but this device looks great to me.
17. Carlitos (Posts: 408; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Seems legit. There is NOTHING wrong with with not changing the design. They simply took the previous design and hopefully improve on it. Same thing that Samsung did with Galaxy S4. They took the Galaxy S3 design, and perfected it with the Galaxy s4. There is no need to have a radical design change every year. One every two years hits the spot.
18. newbey123 (Posts: 519; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
So much hotness. Beast phone ready to be let out. This is officially my upgrade phone, just give me at least 3,000 mAH battery and I am a happy camper.
23. gadgetgeek (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Darn! I was hoping for a side mounted power button, instead of that ridiculous top placement on a phone of this size. I guess htc didn't listen to the negative comments regarding this on the One
26. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3402; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I personally prefer the power button on top & out of the way. On my Note, it's on the side, about 2/3 the way up & I accidentally hit it too often.
34. HTCOE (Posts: 623; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
HTC had to place it there due to the build design for users to access the microsd by being able to remove the back plate without compromising the overall design
24. Technobri (Posts: 84; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
People who currently have an HTC one.. Like me.. I don't think it's worth upgrading. Maybe the s5
28. true1984 (Posts: 686; Member since: 23 May 2012)
still not seeing an evleaks logo, so nope not buying it
35. HamdiR (Posts: 3; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
Correct this my render :) but its an older one
This is the latest based on the latest front leak
38. Klamba92 (Posts: 209; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
So what do you think they will call it?
The new HTC One
HTC One 2
HTC One Butterfly
HTC One Z
46. imyourpapi (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
Just please have at least an 6 or 8 ultrapixel camera and a 2900 -3000 mah battery
51. faha1 (Posts: 20; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
Front good but Back side looks a little like htc sensation xl.....