HTC M8 / One 2 press image leaks, Sense 6.0 UI and large front-facing camera visible
0. phoneArena 18 Feb 2014, 11:30 posted on
The M8 / One 2 will be HTC's next big thing, coming as the successor to last year's HTC One. It will most likely be announced on March 25, and should be released around the world shortly after that...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. outlawog (Posts: 47; Member since: 27 Nov 2013)
Flash near a front facing camera? Amazing - Innovation at its finest tbh.
19. varuntis1993 (Posts: 49; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
What's innovation in that? btw they are more likely to be sensors rather than flash.
23. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 261; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
I think you are 100% right.. Those are the proximity and ambient-light sensors..
25. garlic456 (Posts: 251; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Neptune Pine Smartwatch had flash with front facing camera
57. kryme (Posts: 355; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
i think we use the word innovation loosely.... putting a flash at the front of the phone is not innovation... its just smart thinking... and those r sensors btw..
2. trickster_qc (Posts: 107; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
first phone with a front facing camera flash?
30. erikiksaz (Posts: 170; Member since: 22 Apr 2010)
I am fairly sure they are NOT sensors. Sensors are usually completely black. These are light green in color, which is very similar to the background of the LED flash in all of our phones now.
I can see a slight amount of gray to the left of the top speaker, I'm thinking that distortion is due to the sensors being placed there.
49. osanilevich (Posts: 284; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)
Front facing flash doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Sure, its good for selfies and such but the flash would likely end up blinding the user, resulting in a bad picture
51. Synack (Posts: 677; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
They're sensors. One of them 'might' be a better notification light. But flash has never been that small, or that dark in color.
3. newbey123 (Posts: 573; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
It's about time. Hurry and release it, I'm ready to upgrade my One X.
5. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Get rid of that damn HTC logo. But aside from that, I think im going to love the front facing flash!
12. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
There are rumors that the logo will have a function, like everyone wanted with the One. We'll see, I guess.
17. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Notification light, that would be awesome.
43. afegit (Posts: 45; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Gotta get that logo in there. HTC needs every bit of brand awareness it could get LOL
6. Hyperreal (Posts: 228; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
Htc i hope you are not so stupid to enlarge the bezel by putting buttons on the screen instead of leaving them on the bezel as it was on htc one. hope its not the final version.
32. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Even One was ugly, but this one is catastrophe.
45. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
The One was ugly? Nice try troll.
8. xPhantom (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Feb 2014)
I really don't understand why there's a bezel at the bottom JUST for the HTC logo... if that was staying, they should've kept capacitive buttons... ugh.
10. Saafa (Posts: 37; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
Finally on screen buttons + huge bezel :|
i wonder what was wrong with htc one capacitive buttons?
27. Finalflash (Posts: 3084; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
They don't reposition based on screen orientation or change symbols based on context (like open keyboard).
11. decent4u (Posts: 75; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Flash near the front facing camera? WTF!!!
That is probably the led notification light and the proximity sensor
13. eman99 (Posts: 364; Member since: 03 Aug 2010)
The desire 8 looks better this model looks like rounded edges
14. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Double flash at front? Or is it some sensor or microphone?
16. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I am waiting for a 6.5 inch phablet as 5 inch screen phones are just too small....
18. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Rofl! They never cease to amaze me with their ability to suck.
60. amats69 (Posts: 1432; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Aw..lol and you never failed htc on bashing them on every article they have here in pa..lol
64. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
+1 to that. Samsung fans at their finest.
20. Emmanuelz (Posts: 160; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
If all these leaks are the real deal then HTC has done a poor job keeping it a secret the gs5 comes out next week and we havent seen the device itself yet. As for htc the !8 will be announced at the end of next month
21. datphoneguy (Posts: 154; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
This MAY be a "controlled leak" to give people a sneak peek at the M8 before the GS5 is announced next week....
34. LiyanaBG (Posts: 381; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
what controlled leak? nothing left from the phone to leak its all out
22. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
This phone, so far, makes me go...'Meh'
26. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1236; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
This makes me sad. I have a feeling this will be the last flagship phone from HTC before they go under.
47. Beijendorf (Posts: 340; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
You do realize how much HTC has in the bank right? They could continue with their current losses for another good 10 years if they want to.
Comments like these reek of ignorance in the field.
31. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 590; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
It is more likely a sneak peak from HTC rather than a leak. They want to grab some headlines and buzz before Samsung reveals the G5. I get the whole "If it aint broke don't fix it" thing but I hope they add some new design element on the new phone to distinguish it from the old HTC One.
36. kamen (Posts: 92; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
What's that cut in the protective case just above volume buttons? For fingerprint sensor?
37. s_boy (Posts: 20; Member since: 30 Nov 2013)
HTC need to be making their phones more pocketable, not sticking with huge bezels. That HTC logo is a killer, puts me off even considering the phone.
41. HTCOE (Posts: 632; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
nothing compared to the final product by far
46. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
How can you know, do you work at HTC?
42. ChafedBanana (Posts: 381; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Looks like I'll be getting the S5. That wasted space where there is only an HTC logo is unacceptable. Should be a huge phone with a not so huge screen comparatively.
44. 7Superman9 (Posts: 86; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
Other than the logo, I really don't know what the issue is. It's a Sexy phone! And if rumors are true and Samsung is looking to charge more money for the metal build s5, then people are really going to bitch when is announced.
48. osanilevich (Posts: 284; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)
The body looks like a phone case of some sort. A rather bulky appearance if you ask me
53. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
You are kidding me right? Reading the fracking article before you post.
52. tiara6918 (Posts: 2036; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I hate on screen buttons, go back to capacitive
54. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
Does anyone else notice a huge gap above the volume rocker?
56. 7Superman9 (Posts: 86; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
I noticed that. If it weren't for the fact that the volume rocker is covered, I would have guessed camera button, guess we'll have to wait and see.