HTC M8 / One 2 press image leaks, Sense 6.0 UI and large front-facing camera visible
0. phoneArena 18 Feb 2014, 11:30 posted on
The M8 / One 2 will be HTC's next big thing, coming as the successor to last year's HTC One. It will most likely be announced on March 25, and should be released around the world shortly after that...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. outlawog (Posts: 47; Member since: 27 Nov 2013)
Flash near a front facing camera? Amazing - Innovation at its finest tbh.
19. varuntis1993 (Posts: 49; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
What's innovation in that? btw they are more likely to be sensors rather than flash.
23. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 261; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
I think you are 100% right.. Those are the proximity and ambient-light sensors..
25. garlic456 (Posts: 251; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Neptune Pine Smartwatch had flash with front facing camera
57. kryme (Posts: 367; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
i think we use the word innovation loosely.... putting a flash at the front of the phone is not innovation... its just smart thinking... and those r sensors btw..
2. trickster_qc (Posts: 107; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
first phone with a front facing camera flash?
30. erikiksaz (Posts: 170; Member since: 22 Apr 2010)
I am fairly sure they are NOT sensors. Sensors are usually completely black. These are light green in color, which is very similar to the background of the LED flash in all of our phones now.
I can see a slight amount of gray to the left of the top speaker, I'm thinking that distortion is due to the sensors being placed there.
49. osanilevich (Posts: 285; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)
Front facing flash doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Sure, its good for selfies and such but the flash would likely end up blinding the user, resulting in a bad picture
51. Synack (Posts: 677; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
They're sensors. One of them 'might' be a better notification light. But flash has never been that small, or that dark in color.
3. newbey123 (Posts: 602; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
It's about time. Hurry and release it, I'm ready to upgrade my One X.
5. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Get rid of that damn HTC logo. But aside from that, I think im going to love the front facing flash!
12. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
There are rumors that the logo will have a function, like everyone wanted with the One. We'll see, I guess.
17. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Notification light, that would be awesome.
43. afegit (Posts: 45; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Gotta get that logo in there. HTC needs every bit of brand awareness it could get LOL
6. Hyperreal (Posts: 249; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
Htc i hope you are not so stupid to enlarge the bezel by putting buttons on the screen instead of leaving them on the bezel as it was on htc one. hope its not the final version.
32. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Even One was ugly, but this one is catastrophe.
45. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
The One was ugly? Nice try troll.
8. xPhantom (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Feb 2014)
I really don't understand why there's a bezel at the bottom JUST for the HTC logo... if that was staying, they should've kept capacitive buttons... ugh.
10. Saafa (Posts: 37; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
Finally on screen buttons + huge bezel :|
i wonder what was wrong with htc one capacitive buttons?
27. Finalflash (Posts: 3128; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
They don't reposition based on screen orientation or change symbols based on context (like open keyboard).
11. decent4u (Posts: 75; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Flash near the front facing camera? WTF!!!
That is probably the led notification light and the proximity sensor
13. eman99 (Posts: 376; Member since: 03 Aug 2010)
The desire 8 looks better this model looks like rounded edges
14. ihavenoname (Posts: 1693; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Double flash at front? Or is it some sensor or microphone?