HTC M7 housing leaks, aluminum front plate confirmed
0. phoneArena 28 Jan 2013, 05:58 posted on
HTC appears to be having a hard time keeping its upcoming Android flagship under cover. The HTC M7, as it is currently being referred to, has been leaked a number of times already, along with its hardware specs and spy shots of an alleged working unit. And now, some of the device's components have been revealed online, which gives us further details about the handset's design and construction...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
6. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
ok now I am gonna go on recorrd and say this looks really sweet....just get the battery right htc and this'll be my phone for the first half of 2013!
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
I want to see Google+ success so badly, HTC, if your friendstream manage to integrate with Plurk and Flickr, why can't the Google+, please listen to your customers so that we can make one post in Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ in the same time :)
4. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i see no difference between this one and butterfly. only a dedicated shutter and smaller screen. till now we see no improvement in their new flagship, but hope they can improve it.
5. Diego! (Posts: 547; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
I can't see the dedicated camera shutter button :(
8. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
The bezel looks better in this model then it did in the first prototype
30. takay0 (Posts: 144; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
wait... this will change.. dont forget you need some space for the buttons and space for the screen.. so it will be smaller then it seems here..
beside i saw i video that they massure it and its too big for 4.7 so prob the bezel will be bigger
9. Necromancer (Posts: 10; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
Yaay HTC.. Good work.. umm.. get the battery right this time.. A 300mAh is what we need.. :D
10. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Man HTC is so worn out and lacking ideas, inspiration, passion and creativity.
Sony in, HTC out
22. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
lacking ideas? People then say HTC makes too few designs, and no one knows what HTC devices are supposed to "Look like". Like with iphone and galaxy lineups. I think this is great, since the butterfly isnt being released worldwide and this will.
12. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
the design is really a trademark for HTC devices, i like how simple their devices are and yet they feel premium in the hand. i hope sense 5 won't disappoint, sense 4 was great but they're as laggy as hell.
13. amitpanchal2009 (Posts: 2; Member since: 16 Dec 2012)
it looks this beast is coming in a very slim body.
and don't worry about sense 5 they already removed lags out of sense with sense 4+. to experience it just take a hands on with HTC butterfly
14. darkskoliro (Posts: 1076; Member since: 07 May 2012)
HTC: Showing everyone how build quality is done right.
26. Doakie (Posts: 1837; Member since: 06 May 2009)
I love HTC. They were my go to manufacturer for two years, but all of my HTC screens got dust under them and needed to be constantly swapped out for refurb phones from Sprint and T-Mobile. Once HTC decided to go with the fixed battery design I had to drop them. I burn batteries down quickly as a construction superintendent so I need the ability to swap batteries myself. I wish they would combine their build quality with a phone that has a user replaceable battery.
15. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
htc bring us best phone of the year..
design seem to be very sexy..go HTC!!
17. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Stronger than the iphone
18. yowanvista (Posts: 340; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Here's a video demonstrating the front and rear Housing:
24. Lauticol (Posts: 305; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
Looks really nice! I'm travelling to the US in July, this may be my next phone :D
23. dicemoney (Posts: 57; Member since: 28 Mar 2011)
I'm don't want another 4.7 inch phone the droid DNA looks more advance than this HTC is going backwards
27. takay0 (Posts: 144; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
is it just me that thinks that once again the battery is goin to be very low?... lets hope its will be big just like the DNA with 0.3 inch smaller screen, LCD-3
cant wait to buy this beauty
28. mahdi_78 (Posts: 3; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
link live video:
link download and live video :
29. Sam987 (Posts: 4; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
Overall,I guess HTC has done an awesome job with this but looking at the back,it feels as if there's gonna be no way to open it up.This might mean non-swapable battery just like the Butterfly/Droid DNA which is pretty much the same design.
31. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5709; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
this and the Motorola X are the only phones i would consider right now to replace my MAXX HD but if the M7 doesn't have a big enough battery then forget it.
32. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Looks about the same size as the DNA but a smaller screen... thought it would be much smaller...let's just hope they can fit in a huge battery...out of all the OEM HTC has trouble putting in a large battery