HTC Jetstream Unboxing and Hands-on
0. phoneArena posted on 11 Sep 2011, 12:43
Holding the tablet for the first time, we’re introduced to the distinctive design cues we’re so accustomed to seeing with HTC’s portfolio – like its solid brushed aluminum exterior. With its choice of materials though, it makes the 10.1” tablet feel...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. newman13 (unregistered) posted on 11 Sep 2011, 12:46 3 1
Looks like an improvement over most tabs on the market. A bit pricey though!
13. Lucas777 posted on 11 Sep 2011, 15:18 1 4
i wud so much rather have a samsung or iPad... the uneven bezel is very distracting, especially with the extra black strip at the bottom honeycomb provides.. and, i personally think htc sense doesn't mix very well with honeycomb.. i know its their style, but honeycomb is very sleek and elegant, not bubbly and round...
2. JOEEEEEE (unregistered) posted on 11 Sep 2011, 12:59 0 0
I want one, but it's so expensive! Ugh, also why doesn't any tablet seem to have android 3.2?
3. Nathan posted on 11 Sep 2011, 13:23 2 0
Absolutely amazing! I think its worth every penny and planning on getting one too, although a little pricey. BTW Phone Arena, on at&t's website it says it includes a "FREE Digital pen w/ purchase".
4. crzycrkr (unregistered) posted on 11 Sep 2011, 13:28 1 0
The Asus Transformer has 3.2. This thing isn't "a little pricey", it's priced in a completely different ballpark. Lol, sales on this thing will be horrible.
11. lulz (unregistered) posted on 11 Sep 2011, 15:13 1 0
THATS WHAT SHE SAID!
6. ap89 (unregistered) posted on 11 Sep 2011, 14:18 1 0
No point of having LTE when there no coverage for it
14. Droid_X_Doug posted on 11 Sep 2011, 16:00 0 0
AT&T wants you to lobby the U.S. DOJ and FCC to approve AT&T's acquisition of T-Mobile. In return, at some point in the future (not saying when), you will get coverage. Everyone else will be on 5G LTE, however.
7. hfytfyh (unregistered) posted on 11 Sep 2011, 14:21 0 0
damn that thing booted in like 3 seconds!
8. 530gemini posted on 11 Sep 2011, 14:31 1 0
$700? Lol. Who was complaining that the ipad is overpriced again?
12. Whateverman posted on 11 Sep 2011, 15:15 0 0
Keep in mind, this is for the 4G version. As you could imagine, the WiFi only version should be a little cheaper. But HTC, Samsung, Motorola and whoever else decides to make an Android tablet had better wise up. The first impression people see on these Android tablets is how much more they are than the iPad, then they loose interest, rightfully so. But Apple brought out the WiFi only first to spark interest, then the 3G for the carriers. Then with the iPad 2, they brought them all out together. I think most people would like this tablet if the manufactures and carriers would quit pushing contracts on us. If not, Apple is gonna keep kicking Android ass in tablet market share.
15. Droid_X_Doug posted on 11 Sep 2011, 16:03 1 0
"If not, Apple is gonna keep kicking Android ass in tablet market share."
Love em or hate em, Apple sure knows how to market the widgets they sell. Interesting how HTC hasn't released a WiFi-only edition as yet.... I wonder if they were afraid of being sued by Apple for copying their marketing model?
19. Whateverman posted on 11 Sep 2011, 20:21 0 0
Lol. Well, they already made a device with a "flat screen and rounded edges" so I'm pretty sure that lawsuit will be filed first thing Monday morning anyway. May as well put out a $500 wifi only version that would be comparable to the iPad.
9. nemesis (unregistered) posted on 11 Sep 2011, 14:45 0 0
Been using one for three days now, and have enjoyed the experience. I have been thinking about a tablet to assist with my IT duties. I believe I will consider getting one. But I would like to try an iPad, just to run a comparison.
10. crzycrkr (unregistered) posted on 11 Sep 2011, 14:52 0 0
I can buy 2 Transformers for the price of one of these. I really dont understand why anyone would spend this much on a similar specced tablet
16. Lwazi_N posted on 11 Sep 2011, 19:52 0 0
Too expensive. *orders his $499 Asus Eee Pad Transformer*
18. Noray (unregistered) posted on 11 Sep 2011, 20:02 0 0
And now we wait for the HP effect to take over 699 first month, 199 or less by the next. I'll wait for the drop. :)
20. crzycrkr (unregistered) posted on 11 Sep 2011, 20:27 0 0
Plus, a $330 Acer Iconia will be much more attractive to people. Just announced
23. Westfire (unregistered) posted on 20 Sep 2011, 20:06 0 0
Man, I really want this but it is way too expensive!