HTC J Butterfly is a 5-inch 1080p monsterphone
0. phoneArena posted on 17 Oct 2012, 02:05
The HTC J Butterfly has surfaced on HTC’s Japanese website and it is that elusive 1080p 5-inch monsterphone we’ve been hearing about all along…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
13. Luuthian posted on 17 Oct 2012, 02:25 2 0
HTC always makes these great looking phones... And then they ruin them by adding hardware buttons and weak batteries.
This could have been so beautiful.
15. sheik posted on 17 Oct 2012, 02:26 2 0
2020 mA battery for a 1080p display? probably they are kidding....
22. Jimstar posted on 17 Oct 2012, 02:36 0 1
That's a hilariously awful name, guess it kinda maybe makes sense for the market though. Seems to me like that resolution is a bit overkill but as long as all the other factors are in place I can't complain. With that kinda of square...inchage though, you'd think they could squeeze in a bigger battery.
24. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 17 Oct 2012, 02:42 0 0
2 things wrong with it
1. The alphabet game continues with another odd letter....J?? Why couldnt they just call it the HTC Butterfly?
2. Of course, the 2020 mAh battery! There really is no explanation for why they would chose, YET AGAIN, another small battery......This time is much worse, a 5 inch screen with 1080p resolution and they chose the smallest battery one could find :(
27. wendygarett posted on 17 Oct 2012, 02:44 0 0
Japanese know how to make concept phone come true, but still they want profits... 2020mah is not surprising tho :)
33. darkskoliro posted on 17 Oct 2012, 02:53 0 0
its the Japanese variant, I seriously doubt thats its final name
38. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 17 Oct 2012, 03:04 0 0
Thank you for giving me hope :) lol now about that battery hmmm
25. Furbal posted on 17 Oct 2012, 02:42 4 0
Beautiful phone. Give me a 2800mah battery though...
28. dicemoney posted on 17 Oct 2012, 02:46 1 1
after the evo 3d I said I would never buy another HTC phone again but forget all dat I want this phone come get my money HTC
37. an4564 posted on 17 Oct 2012, 03:04 1 0
this is the best and most beautiful phone I have ever seen
42. soshi posted on 17 Oct 2012, 03:23 3 0
This one very beautiful design, The black with red strip is very cool.
49. TheDarkKnight (banned) posted on 17 Oct 2012, 04:35 0 0
Awwweeesssooommme specs!!!! But why bad design and htc J UI?
51. rizevnarastek posted on 17 Oct 2012, 05:07 0 0
It's not HTC J UI ....it's just a widget that can be removet, changed.
52. Kjayhawk posted on 17 Oct 2012, 05:27 1 0
Why does this phone say "with Google" like the LG nexus... The One X or One X+ dont say it...
55. Fulah posted on 17 Oct 2012, 06:34 1 1
for those who are saying a 2020mah battery will boo us off, think again this beast has a s4 quad with good power management and also with sense 4+ which has tweaks(although i really hate it no multitasking iz s**t). say the battery will most probably last about 6-7 hours like the one x but i really also think they should really add in at least 2500mah to step up HTC's game.everything is good (2gb ram and suprisingly sd slot)
56. YetiASX posted on 17 Oct 2012, 06:39 0 0
I'm actually waiting for the perfect phon, and i think that i've found THE phon.
I've just to wait the equivalent in equivalent in Europe...
57. darac posted on 17 Oct 2012, 07:22 0 0
Had someone told me a year ago that this kind of display will reach market by the end of 2012 I'd call BS.
59. psysect posted on 17 Oct 2012, 07:35 2 0
HTC prove again that is monster of android...
63. amansingal14 posted on 17 Oct 2012, 08:18 2 0
May be the best phablet in the near future...
HTC has really played hard on Samsung Note II
66. someones4 posted on 17 Oct 2012, 08:23 4 0
This is too awesome to be true. So many smartphone choices, so little money. I hate OEMs for this
68. rallyguy posted on 17 Oct 2012, 08:39 1 0
It's most likely the new Sharp screen.
69. chrisbo5 posted on 17 Oct 2012, 09:10 0 0
isn't this supposed to be the rumored droid incredible x ? or the dlx. i think they called it the nexus 5 too
71. BayuAnggoromurti posted on 17 Oct 2012, 09:51 2 0
If i work at htc. I'll named it Godzilla instead Butterfly
73. Twisted247 posted on 17 Oct 2012, 10:17 2 0
For all the comments and articles saying HTC is heading for close(which I'm not disputing) here's one for ya! I love HTC personally it is the best possible UI period. Again IMHO that being said this looks like a dope phone and I love HTC. I'm on my Evo4G right now typing this out. I was going to upgrade to the HTC EVO4G LTE for Sprint( people don't know even with a gig less of RAM the senseUI runs better than touchwiz on the GS3. It took it in the benchmarks -US dualcore for both I'm speaking of- although those don't mean everything. And just running the two phones side by side it executed the same tasks quicker). Related to the gs3 vs HTC one x battle and all the comparisons why don't they run the Evo 4G LTE AGAINST THE IPHONE5/GS3 etc if they are gonna compare the other companys best why don't they compare htc's current best(out to date not including the + series which is a BEAST and can't wait to see its benchmarking blow people out the water!)
That being said I am going with the GN2 cause the specs along with SOFTWARE are utterly amazing. Unless I see some mind blowing software on the butterfly I'm sticking with the GN2.. especially considering HTC j butterfly probably won't even hit all the U.S. carriers probably just one lucky one. And i'm not switching carriers for a phone and losing my unlimited data.
94. Lboogey6 posted on 19 Oct 2012, 01:05 0 1
i agree with your very last statement but ...... sense better than touch wiz .... i do apologize but every article and user known to man knows the cluttered sense ruins android hands down look how many people left evo for iphone because android was "too slow" or "froze" too much then the tell htc pop up is pointless ive seen many people have to switch out up to 10 evos the sensation on tmo constant reboot the battery life is horrible no one htc phone will last you and they continue to lessen the battery
99. rizevnarastek posted on 19 Oct 2012, 12:10 1 0
Sense is miles ahead of TouchWizz, everything just looks and feels better. When One X caught up SGS3 with Android 4.0.4 it killed it on benchmarks and real life performance. The same will go for 4.1, trust me. Sense is no slug and it just looks better then anything and is easier to use.
74. Twisted247 posted on 17 Oct 2012, 10:33 2 0
Oh and btw for all the ifans preaching about the apples i5 pushing 326ppi, *Even though Android and HTC dropped the HTC Rezound a year ago(Nov 2k11) with a screen that pushed 342ppi at 4.3in! .. Not to mention their windows8 phones that's dropping soon the X model I believe is also 326+ in the ppi..
Back to the point of the post, not only did Android bring some ground breaking technology into the game yet again with a dope 1080p display, not just the ability to capture 1080p(which a lot of people commonly confuse when they say "my phone does 1080p".. no your phone SHOOTS 1080p so you can transfer it to your 1080p tv and enjoy HD on that platform etc etc..) but to actually view it. Mad props for that one, and they didn't have to make the screen small to achieve it they went BIG baby 5.0 .. Regardless of what carrier picks it up here in the states I absolutely MUST stop in the door to gasp, gaze, and drool over its magnificence!
75. speckledapple posted on 17 Oct 2012, 11:27 0 1
It is a gorgeous device but I am very skeptical about HTC and their ability to do more than design a beautiful phone. What's underneath and the software that runs on top of it with that woeful integration with Sense is what matters. And we cannot forget about battery life.
76. yazbuh posted on 17 Oct 2012, 11:55 1 0
Damn!.... I want this as my next device!.... So hot....
80. SmartPhoneStream posted on 17 Oct 2012, 14:55 1 0
i fit comes to Verizon with a larger battery you can shut up and take my money
82. roldefol posted on 17 Oct 2012, 15:54 1 0
Has anyone else looked at the photo close-up of the Butterfly screen compared to the iPhone 5? It looks like this new Sharp display uses some kind of PenTile layout with triangular red, blue, green and white subpixels instead of a normal RGB stripe. Not a far cry from the PenTile prototype:
That doesn't mean it won't be the sharpest, brightest display on a phone anywhere. Just interesting to see how they did it.
87. InspectorGadget80 posted on 17 Oct 2012, 19:03 1 0
THAT PHONE IS A BEAUTY excpet the battery life which is ugly HTC NEEDS TO LEARN TO MAKE A LARGER BATTERY. Look at the NOTE II it have 3200 mAh if i can remember. I'm pretty sure it's going to Verizon first. I'm going to wait till CES too see what other phones will have 1080p screens
95. Lboogey6 posted on 19 Oct 2012, 01:08 1 1
no thank you id rather have a phone that lasts longer than 6 hours look at all of htc's phones from the touch diamond to well all of them horrible battery life yall enjoy this drool over the phone while standing next to a wall while it charges
97. JKING_25 posted on 19 Oct 2012, 09:37 2 0
I have never saw a phone I want more than this in my life lol. Time to start saving ;)
102. juan.perezperalta posted on 21 Oct 2012, 19:21 0 0
Wouldn't it need a better graphics prossesor?
105. solidsnakeduds013 posted on 24 Oct 2012, 13:27 0 0
OMG that phone is sexy! I will throw my money on it in a heart beat.
107. rizevnarastek posted on 26 Oct 2012, 18:59 0 0
people should make and use more car docks and no one would complain about the battery anymore
109. uneedhelp posted on 04 Nov 2012, 07:59 0 0
The battery it's not a nexus Pleeeeeease shut up.U have never in ur small little life seen specs on a phone like this so stop crying.The problem with all the negative comments is probably because u can't own this device and ur probably stuck with a piece of s**t phone that u at one time thought was the best now ur online bitter and bashing every little thing that u can find wrong with it go back 2 looking at that pen tile piece of s**t u own and quit with all the negative comments bitches
110. Lwazi_N posted on 06 Nov 2012, 10:40 0 0
This phone is anything but a butterfly. With these specs, they should have named it RedDragon or something!