HTC J Butterfly is a 5-inch 1080p monsterphone
0. phoneArena 17 Oct 2012, 02:05 posted on
The HTC J Butterfly has surfaced on HTC’s Japanese website and it is that elusive 1080p 5-inch monsterphone we’ve been hearing about all along…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
17. darkskoliro (Posts: 1041; Member since: 07 May 2012)
found some more pictures
50. darkskoliro (Posts: 1041; Member since: 07 May 2012)
heres some better ones
90. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4559; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
If this phone becomes the Nexus 5 then it's what I am going to get. This is the sexiest phone I have seen in SOMETIME.
Who says HTC's build is not good.
93. Lboogey6 (Posts: 269; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
based on their track record a lot of people you mean to tell me all this power and beauty and they cut back on the battery??? fail next phone please
96. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4559; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
You don't know that. Let's wait before you make bogus comments. The 28nm quad-core Qualcomm Krait S4 Pro is VERY frugal when it comes to power consumption. So we really don't know what type of battery life it will get.
The LG Optimus G has the same S4 Pro. It has a smaller 4.7" screen & it has a similar 2100 mAh battery. It does well with battery usage. It lasts a work day with 30% left on the battery. That is more than fair.
98. VJo003 (Posts: 346; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
Thank you for some prospective....
Hope people share it rationally
100. Lboogey6 (Posts: 269; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
touche...just havent seen an htc phone last long
101. enGet (Posts: 29; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
I tend to agree with this negative presumption - HTC has a track record of using under-powered batteries in conjunction with battery draining Android overlays.
103. rizevnarastek (Posts: 337; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
What it I told you that Sense become the least energy draining UI overlay. 1800mAh outperforms LG's 4X with 2100mAh for instance.
106. Lboogey6 (Posts: 269; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
That's fine but most of the puerile who complained about, Android having bad battery started with HTC as they were some of the first and heavy hitters its like we give people more power and little juice stop being cheap focus on customers and it'll take your out of the #2 spot if any one wants to argue that they aren't please say something none if this personal opinion stuff hard numbers
18. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
yupe also kills iphone 5 sreen ..................
70. temodumbadze (Posts: 9; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
i think it should have had on screen buttons,the screen would`t be that big and on screen buttons are best :D
92. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
Not with a lcd screen, you need a amoled screen or else you will always see a dark grey(not black) bar at the bottem
108. Malique001 (Posts: 58; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
So that would mean the Atrix HD and Photon Q have a dark grey bar on the bottom?
20. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
I don't like the earpiece. just saying. :)
45. bayusuputra (Posts: 957; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
contrary to you, I think the earpiece is a nice touch.. :P
It's now either this, or the Padfone..
or maybe the Nexus 4 if the 8GB non-expendable memory turns out to be wrong..
But it's dust and
32. blinkdagger (Posts: 81; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I know what u mean. It gorgeous. I wish it's a nexus device.
Btw, why does it have "Google" branding? I thought only nexus have that.
36. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Most android phones say "with GOOGLE" somewhere on the device.
86. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
nope. doesnt have to. does HTC one x say with google?
now, only nexus phones have "with google"
91. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Notice that I never said that they HAD to say "with Google" The manufacturer has the choice to place the branding on the phone if it is a with Google Android device. The difference between a "with Google" Android device and an Android device is the availability of Google apps like the Play Store and Youtube. A device needs to be a "with Google" device to have the branding but a "with Google device does not have to have the branding. While it is true that most phones released now do not have that branding, most phones released before the middle of 2011 had the branding and the phone pictured above has the branding. Therefore, not only Nexi have that branding, And the HTC One X does not have the branding. I have been wrong once before and this is not the second time.
40. darkskoliro (Posts: 1041; Member since: 07 May 2012)
um...umumumum...I know this, an article a couple centuries ago was saying how the "google" branding meant that it was google certified, and could do some cool stuff I cant remember :( Anyone remember that article? Might have been one from pocketnow
104. galokjai (Posts: 34; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
"Google" is the only word on the back of Nexus devices. "With Google" are for non-Nexus Android phones.
43. Jelly_Bean (Posts: 109; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
47. phil2n (Posts: 483; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
but one thing i worried about is round corners. hope im wrong
48. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1428; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
But butterfly is the last name I will call this beast
79. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
actually it has too much size (bezel) to be called a phone..the Panasonic Eluga power has the same sized screen squeezed into a Galaxy S3 size footprint:
81. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 163; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
I think it's stupid to make the same phone with just a better display in a high end war
83. doejon (Posts: 386; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
yes but here we have not softwarefeatures like on the note 2
thats why i go with the note 2 and the note 2 looks great too :-)
84. doejon (Posts: 386; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
and the note 2 has a msdcard slot up 64gb
multi-window feature and more
88. darkskoliro (Posts: 1041; Member since: 07 May 2012)
heres a video of it against the s3
89. darkskoliro (Posts: 1041; Member since: 07 May 2012)
and another by the verge
41. Izzy_V (Posts: 216; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
From the looks of it this is the Nexus 5. So hype right now. :D
54. SGSatlantis (Posts: 205; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
Should have launched it this month worldwide, HTC is late again. Should steal some sales from the Note 2, but then again by the time this reaches the US carriers it will be December at best.
3. murati (Posts: 21; Member since: 29 Apr 2012)
Oh sh..t !! This phone is amazing, just battery should be little bit better, maybe they will improve it for Europe market, can't wait for this beast to come to EU. Uff
21. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Did you see how they announced a revolutionary 1080 display phone? In a website with a 'coming soon' tag.... No grand unpacking event, no teasers, advertisement whatsoever... There is a reason why HTC fall behind Samsung even if they have great products under their belts...
26. murati (Posts: 21; Member since: 29 Apr 2012)
Totally agree !! They dont have any marketing what so ever, first 1080 display phone and no event or sth ? HTC would have much grather sales if they know how to make good marketing
60. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
You know this is only for Japan right?
29. blinkdagger (Posts: 81; Member since: 04 May 2012)
The battery should not just "a little bit" better. "A lot" better! Seriously it is freaking joke a 1080p, 440ppi, 5inch with a 2020mah? Either this is not a final spec or sense4 have serious battery saving capability. I don't get it. Someone care to enlighten me?
46. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
And one more jerk for you dude, i just read in another blog that the battery is embedded... So No chances for spare batteries. Its the official specs, so it should be final.... To drive those 2073600 pixels for one day, a 2020 battery will never be enough even if they have the state-of-the-art software-battery optimization IMO.
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
I wish I can become Japanese :(
5. darkskoliro (Posts: 1041; Member since: 07 May 2012)
I wouldnt hold my breath, I think they would release a slightly better international version! I hope 2100mah + battery and 13mpx camera like the padfone 2 :)
11. darkskoliro (Posts: 1041; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Heard of "JUST SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY"?
Thats the approach im going for with this phone.
7. samystic (Posts: 200; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
LOL... no it's ok... live in Confuseland...
6. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Ok this is amazing and all but, seriously, whats up with a 2,020 battery on a damn 5 inch screen WITH 1080p resolution!?
8. tiara6918 (Posts: 1908; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
This is the 1080p smartphone we've all been waiting for judging from the leaked images circulating online a few weeks ago. But isn't htc j available in taiwan a long time ago? It also kinda looks like a bigger version-http://www.htc.com/tw/htcj/
10. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 929; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
440 ppi, and at least a 1.9-2.0 FF camera might get me in, only if Antenna proves strong.
16. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 929; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
Engadget says it has a 2.1 FF camera, wow!
12. hariprasath.j (unregistered)
440 ppi with 5 inch screen. thats what i want!!!.. awesome..
53. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
And a crappy battery? As usual, HTC disappoints in the battery department.
62. VJo003 (Posts: 346; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
How do u know the battery is "crappy"? Just by the spec?