x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA
  • Hidden picShow menu

HTC Inspire 4G vs Samsung Infuse 4G vs Motorola ATRIX 4G: specs comparison

HTC Inspire 4G vs Samsung Infuse 4G vs Motorola ATRIX 4G: specs comparison

AT&T does not have a huge LTE network to make headlines at CES, but it still has its pretty fast HSPA+ network. However it is not just about the network, it is also about the phones. And these three freshmen here - the HTC Inspire 4G, Samsung Infuse 4G and Motorola ATRIX 4G - made quite the headlines the other day at CES. That's why we decided to run a quick specs comparison with the three beast and see which one may eventually come out on top of the carrier's lineup.

If you thought the iPhone 4 was the only ace in AT&T's hand, think again. The Motorola ATRIX 4G is the first phone for AT&T to offer dual-core speeds with the NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor clocked at 1 GHz for each of the cores. Sounds good? Now, add 1 GB of DDR2 RAM to the package. Almost there. Finally, remember 4G connectivity and there you have it – the Motorola ATRIX 4G is probably the best smartphone in terms of hardware we have seen so far. Don't forget to check out our hands-on here to see its real-life performance and amazing docking accessories.

But how does it measure to the Samsung Infuse 4G, infused with the gigantic 4.5" Super AMOLED Plus screen, delivering extra brightness and better legibility? Or what about the HTC Inspire 4G, coming with the visual candy of the latest HTC Sense UI on an almost equally big 4.3-inch screen?

Take a look at the comparison of the three AT&T heavyweights below! Note that we've used our Phone Compare tool to generate this specs comparison. You can use the Phone Compare tool as well, in order to compare whatever phones come to mind!

HTC Inspire 4G vs Samsung Infuse 4G vs Motorola ATRIX 4G: specs comparison

posted on 08 Jan 2011, 01:59

1. jatin78 (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Dec 2010)

Motorola Atrix beats everybody hands down. wow

posted on 10 Jan 2011, 22:03

3. 4g (unregistered)

hhhmmm...not really, 5 megapixels AND 0.3 megapixels cameras??? 4 inches and NOT super amoled plus display? but maybe you were misreading the specs

posted on 12 Jan 2011, 18:35

6. smileforyourfuture (unregistered)

Actually, the resolution of the display on the atrix is better, is it not?

posted on 15 Feb 2011, 15:29

11. crizz (unregistered)

no way its got a hella shitty camera

posted on 22 Jun 2011, 01:02

31. Paul Blart (unregistered)

thats the same camera the iphone 4 uses for the front facing one, and the camera isnt what makes the phone good or bad

posted on 09 Jan 2011, 11:56

2. Enlight311 (unregistered)

ATRIX!!!! even the name sounds cool!

posted on 11 Jan 2011, 01:47

4. dude (unregistered)

I was really excited about the ATRIX, but the cameras and the screen are fairly weak compared to the other two. I'm sure it's fast as hell, but I'm just wondering if I'll ever really notice the difference between the three. I would personally prefer to go with HTC, I'm just slightly annoyed that it doesn't include a front facing camera.

posted on 18 Jul 2011, 11:27

37. caco944 (unregistered)

Actually, the HTC Inspire 4G has a front camera hidden at the right side of the earpiece, look at it closely, the information about it in this table is kinda wrong, you can take a better look at this sitehttp://geektech.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Inspire4G_Front.jpg
greetings

posted on 01 Aug 2011, 19:50

45. cbb (unregistered)

thats an led not a camera

posted on 12 Jan 2011, 12:55

5. android* (unregistered)

for you guys saying that the atrix screen is not up to par with super amoled plus you have to look at the resolution of the screen atrix has the best resolution and the 5 mp camera means nothing because look at i phones camera it was said to be the best mobile camera period. on top of that the atrix is going to get an update that will alow it to shoot video in 1080p while the other two will still be shooting 720p. that qhd display the atrix has stands for quarter HD that on top of just how much fatser it will be then the other two phones clearly show that the atrix beats the other two, infact the motorola atrix nick name is the best smart phone ever, it has been commonly called this by bloggers and tech reviewers alike.

posted on 19 May 2011, 13:02

24. stillundecided (unregistered)

I think you missed that the Infuse starts with 1080p capture support, but I'm glad to know the Atrix will get it eventually...unfortunately that balances the two out again when I thought I'd made up my mind for the Infuse.

posted on 31 Jan 2011, 17:39

7. gamerboy (unregistered)

Yea but the Inspire has htc sense which kills motoblur
Plus, htc's second generation snapdragon processor is just about as fast as most people really need

posted on 07 Feb 2011, 21:34

8. Galaxy S (unregistered)

It is to early to say anything about these phones. But when we look at the track records of these companies we all know Samsung display is unbeatable. My friend has droid X and I have Galaxy S and difference is like night and day. When it comes to cpu speed and dual core how much difference would that make in real life usage has to be concluded when these phones are out. But I tell you one think Since I start installing custom ROM's I have test my phone many times and concluded that higher benchmarks never made a difference on daily usage of my phone on the contrary faster you go more unstable your phone gets.

posted on 07 Feb 2011, 23:29

9. MOTO (unregistered)

The Atrix wins hands down! The Hummingbird and the snapdragon have nothing on the tegra 2. Atrix wins in almost every category, i would even say it has a better screen because of the resoultion. Motorola>HTC>Samsung

posted on 09 Feb 2011, 20:13

10. JSizzle (unregistered)

Atrix wins. IT may not be a 4.3 inch screen, but to me 4.0 is the perfect size. The 4.3 is a little to big for pocketability, and the 4.5 will be even better. The atrix has the the best resolution to, coming very close to the iphone. It also has a dual core processor that will handle the software much smoother. also, it not only has 1 gb of ram, but 1gb of DDR2 ram which is much faster than any of the other's flash ram. the camera may be a 5 megapixel, but like others have noticed, the megapixel doesn't always determine which phone is better. The iphone only has a 5 megapixel camera, but performs better and brings truer colors than most others so we will have to wait on that. There is a reason that Motorola released all of these stats prior to it's release. That's because they are proud of what they made and know that it will take the place as the best smartphone on the market.

posted on 17 Feb 2011, 13:58

12. Zumas (unregistered)

The atrix's display is choppy and grainy. Its fast and has neat little accessories but i am sure the samsung and htc will be all around better phones.

posted on 21 Feb 2011, 05:23

13. HTCguy (unregistered)

I bought the htc inspire and its great! also the infuse looks like its gonna be pretty awesome as well but the atrix..eh i just dont like motoblur. Dont get me wrong the atrix will be a great phone but i think more people will end up going with the inspire or the infuse because of htc sense with the inspire or the super amoled display on the infuse. people who want to pay up the 500 for the laptop to go with the atrix i say go for it. as a whole package the atrix is pretty sweet. but thats a 700 dollar phone! ouch.

posted on 01 Mar 2011, 12:24

14. FLLou (unregistered)

I'm leaning toward the Samsung Infuse for the 8 MP camera and 1080p video. I've seen awesome video with a 5 MP I-phone 4 - Atrix is probably comparable. But, with 8 MP you can zoom even further without grainy shots.

Also - not sure why everybody seems to hate MotoBlur (haven't heard anything good about it , except from Motorola). Sounds like it's a mod to the OS, not just something you can delete/disable?!?! Can you change the OS back to Droid?

Does anyone know when the Infuse will be available? I heard 2 Q/2011.... but that could be June 30th!!!!

posted on 02 Mar 2011, 15:14

15. EndUser (unregistered)

With all the additional hardware available in the Atrix, MotoBlur really cuts you off. The lag experienced due to MotoBlur is appalling - I can count the time it takes for me to scroll between messages!!!. I just got back from the AT&T store after returning the Atrix. YES, I just returned the atrix! 4 days with the brand new phone and here is what i experienced so far - 3 system hangs, 2 lost GPS signals, 1 call drop, 1 night of battery drain (missed my morning meeting because of that!), a average of 3 bars of the so called 4G network.
All said and done, the phone is good for docking and browsing, but lets get real, would be carrying all that along everyday? only to face a sham 4G network that really doesnt give you the speeds that an even a 3gs iphone does!!!
My verdict - the phone is good provided:
1.Motorola discontinues MotoBlur
2.At&T delivers a true 4G netowrk
Trust me, the above two issues might sound trivial - but the really actually killed the phone.

-Back to iphone

posted on 17 May 2011, 11:17

22. det41 (unregistered)

apple fan boy!!!!!
since i work for at&t i can simply say you are wrong. hspa+ is faster than 3g but i dont expect an apple fan boy to give the phone a real shot. besides no company offers true 4g yet. even lte isnt really 4g

posted on 21 Aug 2011, 14:14

48. Armand (unregistered)

I'm not the same guy you responded to but, apple fan boy? Where the hell did he saying anything about apple? The Atrix is a great phone and the gingerbread update pretty much removes motoblur, making it an amazing phone, switching from Inspire 4g to Atrix.

posted on 15 Sep 2011, 15:49

52. Win7 (unregistered)

I am not an apple fan boy though I've had multiple iPhones and now own an iPad 2. You are incorrect about 4G. Sprint has a REAL 4G network. We have "data races" at work (Programmer Geeks) and the AT&T and Verizon phones are still sitting at the starting line when the Sprint phones are finishing. The best of them are the Win7 phones. I hated Windows mobile, but 7 is amazing.

posted on 06 May 2011, 16:58

17. Mike L (unregistered)

i personally have the atrix it is a great phone and despite people thinking the screen is shitty and grainy i have found it to display great. It even works fine outside.

Also....seems like everyone is whining about Motoblur
well obviously they havent done their homework

im also not a fun of motoblur so i installed launcher pro
which gets rid of motoblur and runs launcher pro as the interface instead
absolutely no lag experienced switching between apps and such
while i had a bit of it with motoblur

i like running teamviewer from my phone and the 1gb of ram and dual core processor really help there. However if your one who doesnt many demanding tasks on your phone i would give the infuse and inspire a chance.

lastly, the atrix is only running android 2.2 at the moment
the android 2.3 os is coming soon for the atrix
but it wont be till android 2.4 when the android os is optimized for dual
core phones So dont think what you see in the atrix now is the best youll get out of it

-Mike

posted on 11 May 2011, 11:02

18. jg (unregistered)

i have atrix phone can you tell me how u installed launcher pro what do i need to do to get this on my phone thanks.

posted on 14 May 2011, 16:37

19. Dont care (unregistered)

go to android market and search for it. it should be free. just download it then selesct as your default. when u go into an app then press home button it should ask whether u would like to set as default or not.

posted on 15 May 2011, 08:21

20. Deekaleek (unregistered)

I have a Overclocked 1.2 Ghz Samsung Captivate and my screen looks much better and is faster than the Atrix. When you hold the two together it is easy to see the difference. Plus it gets a lot of developer support and with a custom rom it runs 2.3.3 Gingerbread. Atrix gets little developer support and custom roms are few and far between as Motorola locked the bootloaders. The infuse may be good but I am holding out until I see if the bootloaders are unlocked. I am disappointed that the Infuse came out with only 2.2. I feels like its a step backwards. Did I mention that with my I 9000 Captivate that I can now run Netflix on it. The Atrix may not see that for a while. Dual core will be a beast when 2.4 comes out. BTW the stock Captivate sucks and without outstanding developer support I would have gotten rid of it months ago. I do like how the Atrix and Inspire get good over the air support. Samsung can be disappointing in that area.

posted on 17 May 2011, 11:13

21. det41 (unregistered)

andriod 2.2 doesnt even use both cores in the atrix

posted on 17 May 2011, 15:36

23. Wii not fit (unregistered)

I work for AT&T and i have to say, very disapointed with the Atrix. MotoBlur is awful in every single way, 540 * 960 looks like crap, feels cheap and fake. The only customer that buys this phone is for the dual core processor or for HDMI access. Thats it. Accesories are cool, to bad there too expensive for most people, not to mention the infamious LapDock doesnt work without the phone-major letdown( for Customers not knowing ). HTC, much better phone with a few glitches here and there, why? because its simple,No MotoBlur (thank baby jesus) but htc sense which is very easy to use and people like that, 480 * 800 looks much brighter and better. Well constructed, feels expensive and sexy. Infuse, is much like the HTC, with a couple of perks. So far i find the phone to be a great up-sell from the HTC especially with people wanting a front viewing camera like the Iphone 4. Granted, anything is better then a Iphone 4. Except the Atrix.Thats all i got.

posted on 31 May 2011, 09:21

25. jeff (unregistered)

I work for at&t i hate the Atrix Glitchy slow and motorola sucks remember the backflip that thing sucked. Its got a duel processor for when it is hooked up to the labtop dock. The infuse is by far the best. I have all three live in my store and the infuse is just amazing

posted on 07 Jun 2011, 06:03

27. Giovannie (unregistered)

Hi you work for At&t i think you can help if you want I have HTC Inspire 4G but Im thinking Change it Who have faster modem the
Atrix, Infuse or Inspire

I use the phone to much like a modem that is why I want to know who Is faster