HTC HD2 hacked again, gets a taste of Windows Phone 8
0. phoneArena 30 Nov 2012, 07:22 posted on
The HTC HD2 – a smartphone released no less than three years ago, has been subjected to more than a few hacks since the day of its arrival. Although the device was launched running the now-obsolete Windows Mobile 6.5, developers have managed to flash several Windows Phone 7 flavors on it. Even an Android ROM based on Jelly Bean was developed earlier this year. But perhaps this most recent hack tops all of the above...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
To those users who actually own this device
Your lifestyle would be awesome :)
And I'm totally jealous of it
14. aaronkatrini (Posts: 241; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
Gives people to decide wether Android, WM 6.5, WP 7, WP 7.5 or WP 8 ...GOOD GUY HTC HD2
21. Hammerfest (Posts: 381; Member since: 12 May 2012)
The HD2 is the phone I wont actually be selling, it may sit in its box and collect dust until I want to play with it every few months or so, but when I sell my AT&T Galaxy Note (1), I will always keep my HD2...
Its the device that outright REFUSES to DIE, and honestly, is HTC's greatest work! Even the new devices by HTC will rot and die away and the HD2 will still have love (in many cases, it still has more development going for it then any NATIVE Android/Windows Phone device), hell for people who know its value, its still $100-200 depending on the market, even the Evo 3D is now cheaper!...
That all being said, if this proof of concept ever got a stable birthing, I still wouldn't use it... tiles remind me of my bathroom, under the can, where i take a load off my mind... also, the bland coloring sucks... and I hate the waste of space that is the basis of the operating system...
2. mydi.maus (unregistered)
this is old school,..
3. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
The daddy of the Smartphone
4. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
*2045* Android 16.1 has been hacked onto the HTC HD2 again. xD
This phone simply never dies.
6. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
It never dies as it has 2012-like specs.. Single core 1ghz processor was monster at that time.
13. aaronkatrini (Posts: 241; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
Still That single core is a tough one, it'll knoc-out every single core of those quad-core processors, one by one...
The original SnapDragon S1 is a great chipset.
27. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
I bet u are tooooo used to powerful handsets like the S3 and any other phones with S4 processor.
5. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
Good ol HD2... the best Windows OS phone ever :) it can even use windows 8 and windows 7.5...... And its a Wm6.5 phone :) Gud 1ghz phone by HTC.
7. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3101; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
This was such an awesome device. Lol its funny tho, 4.3 then was unheard of and now my Note 2 makes it look like a tiny baby.
9. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
And so the HD2 lives on, simply incredible how its dev community has kept it going for so long.
10. Thephonegeek (Posts: 118; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
My neighbour had one. But her baby smashed it. It's camera and video recording was great. But the OS was ridiculous.
12. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
hd2 is sample of the best w.p..its always solid..
15. Aeires (unregistered)
I almost bought one of these when they were first introduced, if I had known how much modding this would have received I might have made the purchase. If memory serves, wasn't the is the first of the big screen phones?
16. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3639; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Depends on what you mean by "big screen", but it was the first with a 4.3" display.
17. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
I think he means that at that time 4.3 was considered huge.
18. Aeires (unregistered)
Exactly, at the time it was huge. Now it's just kinda average, but it was impressive for the time.
19. cdgoin (Posts: 479; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Loved the c00kie ROM and other 6.5.3 ROMS, they looked better than most Android ROMs today.
22. rsiders (Posts: 773; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
This phone was my first chance to test out Android and Windows Phone before actually getting an Android or Windows Phone device. And I fell in love with Windows Phone over Android but I still appreciate both OS's.
24. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
this phone is really awesome!! it can run android and WP! that is nice!!! and i love the look of these phone! and the sense UI on winmo just look perfect!! i wonder why microsoft ditch winmo, since this is actually customizable!
25. dorianb (Posts: 570; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
And yet so many Android phones still sit around with GB...
28. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
.....And back when Gingerbread was just released.... You might say..
And yet so many Android phones still sit around with FROYO..
And when Lime key pie 5.0 is out You will say...
And yet so many Android phones still sit around with ICS and JB..
Things changes fast. And Gingerbread is no doubt the most popular and compatible android version of all time. Best Android version??
29. Superpiff (Posts: 36; Member since: 29 Jul 2012)
Love this phone gotta fix the digitizer on it though because the screen stopped working.