HTC First announced, pre-orders live, releasing April 12 for $99
0. phoneArena 04 Apr 2013, 13:09 posted on
Along with the official announcement of Facebook Home, we've gotten the phone we expected as well. HTC's Peter Chou came out near the end of the event to show off the HTC First, which will be the first device that has Facebook Home baked-in. The HTC First will be exclusive to AT&T and will release the same day as Facebook Home on April 12th, although pre-orders for the phone are live today...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
Who on earth is going to buy that phone???
25. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
poor people can't afford an AT&T contract. This phone needs to be
4. gogowho (Posts: 37; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
poor && need social life && stupid
note, this should all be a true
6. bojan (Posts: 188; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
facebook fans and people who have facebook. i don;t have facebook and proud
13. tigermcm (Posts: 816; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
I have facebook to keep up with my family around the world but I refuse to disrespect myself with this phone
31. cezarepc (Posts: 648; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
True. Social media is just one thing our devices can offer us. Who the f**k would sign a 2-year contract for facebook?
19. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Jokes aside, the specs are pretty decent!
720p on a span of 4.3 inches with Snapdragon 400.
Show me the phone without Facebook and i might want to take it 'home'.
23. warren24 (Posts: 19; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
teens...if they dont buy and iPhone or the Galaxy
3. bxbomber718 (Posts: 15; Member since: 13 Dec 2010)
The mobile market is getting more cluttered with useless overlay interfaces as it is.
21. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
its just a launcher... you can just use another launcher if you want...
I hope this comes with stock android, then this phone could be a decent choice
7. Note2waitingonNote3 (banned) (Posts: 87; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Another sad htc exclusive. At@t sucks too
8. Commentator (Posts: 2725; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
HTC One, HTC First... I think we're seeing a trend here.
9. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
soon we might see HTC single, HTC solo :P
10. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1751; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I'm just wondering what are they going to call the successor of the HTC One
12. MyLife0nline (Posts: 3; Member since: 04 Apr 2013)
Didnt know Facebook and HTC stole the Web OS and HP3 design..... ~______~
14. shamataa (Posts: 207; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
The name is horrible. HTC First? really.. Doesn't wow me at all. Didn't even talk about the specs during the event. Not even the display. For we know it could be a really low ppi and resolution, single or dual core?. Stupid idea. First to be the worst phone of 2013 of all time. Second place is Iphone 4/4S/5/5S.
15. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 550; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
A phone about as exciting as tying a shoelace.
17. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 550; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
The phone looks like the offspring of a Lumia and and an old Pre.
18. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I must say... Facebook Home looks pretty clean.
20. Cyberchum (Posts: 423; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Who's gonna use this phone? Well, definitely somebody not you.. Must you guys pick on everything facebook? Choice differs, just so you know.
22. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
GUYS ITS JUST A LAUNCHER! I'M SURE THERES SENSE OR STOCK OR SOMETHING ELSE
26. mannytech (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
Htc and their stupid names they just confuse people.
27. dorianb (Posts: 512; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
"The only specs listed are the 4.3" screen, a dual-core Snapdragon™ 400 processor, LTE, and Android 4.1, which matches the launch price of just $99.99."
RazrM spec's, but the M runs from Free to $50. Plus it's by Moto so it'll at least get one OS update.
28. Goldeneye (Posts: 370; Member since: 22 Jan 2011)
Another stupid exclusivity deal that AT&T gets, who cares anyway I'm looking forward for Ubuntu that is mouthwatering, not this dumb nonsense, Also what another great move from HTC (sarcasm).
32. Charlie_boy (Posts: 67; Member since: 04 Jan 2013)
I'm not sure why the specs page are not showing it.. but the specs are already in the htc site:
The specs are pretty mid-range, if you ask me.
Not for everyone, but good enough for facebook intensive people (e.g. 5mp cam is enough, if you're just gonna aupload on fb)