HTC Endeavor has made 20+ carriers fall in love with its quad-core heart already
0. phoneArena 13 Feb 2012, 06:29 posted on
The upcoming quad-core battle ship from Taiwan, the HTC Endeavor, has reportedly already signed up more than 20 carriers for its sales cause, including the world's largest carrier by revenue Vodafone, as well as Orange...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. jasongohjr (Posts: 75; Member since: 26 Sep 2011)
If the battery life is ahem* good enough I would definitely grab one... But IF that's the case.
4. leftheodo (Posts: 68; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
Judging on the battery life of my Sensation running an ICS ( 4.03 with sense 3.6 ) test build from HTC it might have a great battery life. It seems like HTC made a nice job with ICS! My battery life and performance are exceptional!
6. remixfa (Posts: 14188; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
battery life takes a nice leap with ics. its not just HTC, it is across the board.
the quad core chip should give it nice life... pair it with a 2000mah battery and it will be golden.
btw I'm happy to see them try to sell the same phone across carriers instead of having one for each. brings a little parity and sanity where they had none before.
7. greathero1 (Posts: 495; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Looks like they learned something from Samsung lol! Overall it looks cool but why have the same 4 Android buttons on the bottom? Thats all we get in the US.
10. victo410 (Posts: 16; Member since: 20 Jan 2012)
Well,, I don't want hate on HTC, but the people need remember there`s some factor on this Phone.
(1) Tegra 3 use (40nm) you will have 4 core using 40nm when running intensive app.
(2) Super-LCD with all those pixels consume much more than Amoled technology.
(3) HTC Sense 4.0 is an really intensive Overlay process on top of ICS (more processing power.
I`m not hating is just saying.
12. jove39 (Posts: 1334; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
1) intensive apps wil run smooth...without sweating on intensive tasks.
2) Tegra 3 actually have 5 cores...4 x1.3Ghz and 1x500Mhz...so when on idle...4 big cores go to sleep and companion core takes over for processing background tasks...saving you battery :)
3) Also, ICS has setting to enforce 2d rendering by gpu...that'll also help in saving some battery.
13. theindianguy (Posts: 90; Member since: 30 Sep 2011)
and heres my love towards htc :)
(1) yes all 4 cores will be running with an intensive app but i am pretty sure that there aren't alot of intensive apps out there. and low power apps will require less processing which equals good enough batt life.
(2) endeavour is gonna have amoled not s-lcd
(3) not sure but i do think that sense 4.0 will be more resource efficient than 3.0
not being a d**k but please get your facts straight before, you know, posting stuff.
not hating just saying :)
14. remixfa (Posts: 14188; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the cores only activate when the power is needed.. except for brief instances when you are loading heavy web pages and of course gaming, all 4 cores will hardly ever be on. they all take less power running together than a comperable dual or single core.
8. greathero1 (Posts: 495; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Dude, how can I get ICS running on my Sensation?
9. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
well look at the transformer primes battery life with the quad. sure it has a decent sized battery but with all the cores one would think it still has s**tty battery life but due to the companion core and the power being spread through multiple cores instead of 1 the battery life is great. same will be for this phone unless its classic htc with sense sucking the crap out of it as norm
16. remixfa (Posts: 14188; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
look up your phone, check for an ICS thread. follow the instructions :)
11. jove39 (Posts: 1334; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Same here...but I have low expectations from HTC regarding battery life...I wonder...if HTC can grow a pair and drop a big battery like one in RAZR MAXX...just a wish :)
3. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
battery life varies depending on how the user uses it.. so i dont think that thats gonna be a problem..
15. andro. (Posts: 1972; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Its certainly a phone I'll be considering for my next phone purchase later this year
17. Arpad (Posts: 39; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
WARNING WALL OF TEXT.
From extrema boredom I did some calculation. Transformer Prime vs Endeavor.
What we know is that the prime will have same SOC and that it also has a 25000kWh battery. I am now completely ignoring the extra battery that comes with the dock.On the Prime that will give you around 12h of fun!
25000kWh = 12h for the Prime.
That gives 2083kWh = 1h
So you need to have a battery of 2083kWh to give you 1h of fun.
Now lets take the Endeavor it has only 1800kWh battery (rumour).
We know that the prime has 1280 x 800 = 1024000pixels total.
Endeavor has a 720 x 1280= 921600 pixels.
We can see that the prime needs 10% more processing power (and battery) to run the extra 0.1Mpixels.
Also we know that the average power consumption on a oled is around 10% less then on a LCD.
And the biggest difference is the screen total area.(applying Pythagoras theorem) The Endeavor has a 4.7 inch screen that gives it a total area of 11 square inch. While Prime has 10.1 gives it a 51 square inch.
So just the size of the screen on Prime will consume 5 times more power!
Put it all together and the theoretical upper limit for Endeavor will be 318kWh battery for every hour of fun.
So a 1800kWh battery the Endeavor will give you a maximum of 5.6 hours of fun.
Also keep in mind that we dont know what effect a 1500MHz cpu will do compared to the 1300MHz the prime has (most likely not much on the battery).
18. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6741; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Just hope it comes to AT&T and comes with NFC. This will be my first HTC phone. Glad I waited this long to get a great phone from them. And you guys need to stop complaining bout the battery. it depends on the user. if you have it on live wall paper switch it to a regular background pic or turn off your data.